Another Malaysian Airlines Crash

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: Another Malaysian Airlines Crash

Post by Perkles »

i wasnt thinking they could avoid it, just thinking how horrible it would be to know you are going to get blasted out the sky !
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

No more than a second or two I reckon before they realised what was happening. The wreckage and the videos all suggest that the plane broke up when it was struck. Very few of the bodies are with their seats so there's no evidence to suggest that the passengers were given any sort of warning.
Norfolknchance
Your Bike: Daytona 675 06

Post by Norfolknchance »

A jet like that provided the missile can get to that height, is a sitting duck. It has none of the trick gizmos that a fighter has, none of its manoeuvrability, and I doubt seriously if it has the ability to detect incoming missile.

Having said that it takes a serious bit of kit to reach 30000ft. Also the kit could not be fired without serious training. So the idea that it could have been captured and then used by a rebel is unlikely, this was fired by trained personnel.

The site will be picked clean long before any creditable investigation team gets near it.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

If nothing else, this incident has crystallised exactly what is going on in that area, Putin can no longer say its just civvies with guns with any credibility, the Ukrainians can safely be believed in saying that Russian regulars are involved in what was allegedly a purely internal issue.

Sadly that is all this is likely to achieve in world politics at the present time, a confirmation of what everyone had surmised. I seem to recall another fella that liked annexing other people's countries...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

If you look at the timeframe and the events leading up to WW2 there are a lot of similarities. Lots of conflicts going on at the same time which could quite easily spill over and bring other countries into play.
Binno
Your Bike: Hayabusa dogs dangly

Post by Binno »

All just in time for Scotland to declare independence and trident to get scrapped.

Well done Wallace you w@nker