What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by kiwikrasher »

Made the most of the cold blast we are getting, and took the kids to see their first Aussie snow.(they’ve been to the snow fields in NZ when they were younger). There was snow falling 40 km up the road from us so only a half hour away.

Because we live in a rather temperate area we don’t own any snow gear but luckily I had waterproof wet weather motorbike gloves that Byron fitted and Jess’ ones fitted Jorja kinda :D I froze my hands as I couldn’t not get involved in the snowball fights (lol)

I also lived up to my name and arsed up and landed flat on my back, with only about and inch of snow on the ground and Jesus f**k that hurt.

Byron who has decided that this winter he’s not going to wear long pants and has continued to wear shorts all winter, stuck to his guns even today and refused to admit he was getting cold.

Was a good day out and not something we have been able to do in the 9 yrs we have lived here.
CD69DF0C-5ECE-4408-A83B-DEC74418C1D7.jpeg
D97EC35D-948B-4454-BF79-30C78140D803.jpeg
48C31B2E-9118-4061-86D1-09DC8764703B.jpeg
177C4097-C373-4E79-9BB1-A617EB05627D.jpeg
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Byron who has decided that this winter he’s not going to wear long pants and has continued to wear shorts all winter, stuck to his guns even today and refused to admit he was getting cold.

]
LOL.. James does this, you try and suggest something more sensible and all he says it's, "I'm fine, my skin is warm"and walks of.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6Nutz wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:

]

LOL.. James does this, you try and suggest something more sensible and all he says it's, "I'm fine, my skin is warm"and walks of.

Actually read a paper recently on ASD teens and the differential in brain temp and body temp. It suggested they find self regulation easier and deal less with anxiety when their body is cooler than their head.

So I just leave him be now. If he’s cold he just puts a jumper on.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

kiwikrasher wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:

]

Actually read a paper recently on ASD teens and the differential in brain temp and body temp. It suggested they find self regulation easier and deal less with anxiety when their body is cooler than their head.

So I just leave him be now. If he’s cold he just puts a jumper on.
That's really interesting, I'll read up on that later.

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Tried to find it for you but can’t seem too, was a few months back. But read up on ASD and interoception, it’s the rabbit hole I was down when I found it.
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

Been to Rick Steins restaurant in Marlborough for a late birthday lunch with some friends, absolutely delicious it was too.
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Fitted the good radio to the C1, dab digital antenna too so that works, to route the wires neatly the dash top panel had to come out so that took some time.
Getting used to the little thing now and it's a different kind of fun trying to drive a slow car quickly, powerful car's make it too easy :D

This is all after replacing the driver's front tyre again with the now repaired tyre..

I was not driving on that (shake) (shake) (shake)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Stonesie wrote:Fitted the good radio to the C1, dab digital antenna too so that works, to route the wires neatly the dash top panel had to come out so that took some time.
Getting used to the little thing now and it's a different kind of fun trying to drive a slow car quickly, powerful car's make it too easy :D

This is all after replacing the driver's front tyre again with the now repaired tyre..

I was not driving on that (shake) (shake) (shake)
That's a proper job there Stonesie!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

kiwikrasher wrote:Made the most of the cold blast we are getting, and took the kids to see their first Aussie snow.(they’ve been to the snow fields in NZ when they were younger). There was snow falling 40 km up the road from us so only a half hour away.

Because we live in a rather temperate area we don’t own any snow gear but luckily I had waterproof wet weather motorbike gloves that Byron fitted and Jess’ ones fitted Jorja kinda :D I froze my hands as I couldn’t not get involved in the snowball fights (lol)

I also lived up to my name and arsed up and landed flat on my back, with only about and inch of snow on the ground and Jesus f**k that hurt.

Was a good day out and not something we have been able to do in the 9 yrs we have lived here.
CD69DF0C-5ECE-4408-A83B-DEC74418C1D7.jpeg
D97EC35D-948B-4454-BF79-30C78140D803.jpeg
48C31B2E-9118-4061-86D1-09DC8764703B.jpeg
177C4097-C373-4E79-9BB1-A617EB05627D.jpeg
Wow what a great family experience. I'm sure everyone will remember that for a long time with fond memories. You never think of Snow in Australia.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

There’s plenty down in Victoria over winter mate, couple of huge ski fields down there.

Not so common up here in NSW
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

So my day today started at 3am, waking to the sound of Byron hurling his guts out. And that continued every 1/2 hour till about 3pm. I reckon give some about 10 km in trips to empty the spew bucket. He’s finally managed to keep water down and got some Panadol into him to know I down his high temp. He had a ice block for dinner and that’s stayed down it seems.

Probably hold him back from school tomorrow too as the poor bugger is wiped out.

Let’s hope it’s just him and Iorja and I don’t cop it
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

Decorating, and stripping 50 years worth of paint from a door. That started as a light sanding but the top layer gummed up the sanding pads in moments so I tried a blow torch and scraper which worked well as a proof of concept (I had no idea what types of paint were on there), out with the heat gun and stripped the lot in 2 sessions then back on to the sander to finish.

Then off to a former employer to see if they still do part worn tyres, they don't. So a set of Continental all season tyres has been ordered, the cheapest that I can get the size that I need online is £52 each, they are doing them for £60 each fitted and balanced. I have had 2 sets of tyres for the last couple of cars but for this one I am trying the all season option as the car has 155's and is so light weight they should last well.

The rear pair are just about on the wear bars and that bulged one, if it needs 3 it may as well have a matched set and the best of the rest as a spare.
Last edited by Stonesie on 12 Aug 2019, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Been emailing around our suppliers for our wedding for any PAT test certificates and Public Liability Certificates. Then popped to town to grab my wedding ring. Then popped to the suit suppliers to arrange a fitting. Then went to a house for a BBQ. Had a lovely day

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

At work. Got to go to London tomorrow so that's a day out of the office I can do without.

It's my son's 13th today but he's off out with his gang-gang for a cheeky nando

So I'm catching up with my brother over some grilled meat.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:At work. Got to go to London tomorrow so that's a day out of the office I can do without.

It's my son's 13th today but he's off out with his gang-gang for a cheeky nando

So I'm catching up with my brother over some grilled meat.
I have to go to London tomorrow (y) got to pick something up (happy)

Happy birthday mini Kwacky (^)
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

[quote="Stonesie"]Decorating, and stripping 50 years worth of paint from a door. That started as a light sanding but the top layer gummed up the sanding pads in moments so I tried a blow torch and scraper which worked well as a proof of concept (I had no idea what types of paint were on there), out with the heat gun and stripped the lot in 2 sessions then back on to the sander to finish.

Be careful a lot of that paint could have lead in..

Get it dip stripped ..really reasonable price and safe
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

Raining all day today so I can't do the other door as I need to do that outside, heat gun + rain is a bad combination, also makes washing the bike a daft thing to do.

So I am waiting for phone calls, 1 to arrange collection of the Civic, and one to let me know that the tyres are in for the C1.
Entertaining myself with helmet browsing, my GT-air is due for replacement hence the costly experiment with a HJC but only Shoei fit me just right and get a full 5 years out of a visor.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Gave her a polish and thorough check over ready for her next own :( :)
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

I weakened, went to the shop at Squires (speedstyle) and ordered a Gt-air 2.

Now sat with a coffee waiting for a Aberdeen Angus cheeseburger.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Getting a new motorcycle :)