Replacement 1 piece

The news and your views about biking
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Re: Replacement 1 piece

Post by rocket »

That's a good price I got some Arlen ness gloves about July last year they feel decent but are wearing badly and I've hardly given them any hammer really
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I've got a 2 piece Arlen Ness that's holding up really well. The trousers are a few years old.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

I'm still impressed with the RST one piece I got although I haven't tried it on since last September but now slightly under 11 Stone it may be a bit roomy, the RST evo is a good suit Kwacky and there's loads on EBay new for around £300
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Of any interest ?

http://www.mcaleicester.co.uk/sale-clot ... race-suit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Not in my size :(
Blade

Post by Blade »

If your in no rush just keep checking there site as they always have offers on. Got my 1 piece astars suit of them for £299.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Should have gone to the bikeshow mate
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Blade

Post by Blade »

The excel bike show is on in a few weeks.

Maybe give the exhibitors list a quick look and then ring a clothing trader before hand and see if you can get the show deal before the show. Money will be tight for shops at this time of year so might be glad of a customer with cash to spend.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That's a top idea. I'll hit google.

Ta.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Find anything mate ????

Quite often dealers want to get the sales done before big shows as there scared of their competitors taking all your money at the show, especially if they won't be at the show themselves, so sometimes best to speak to the people not going to the show for a show deal if that makes sense :?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Give me chance :D Done a full days work, 90 mins to get home, time with the kids, dinner, walk the dog. Only just sat down :D
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:Give me chance :D Done a full days work, 90 mins to get home, time with the kids, dinner, walk the dog. Only just sat down :D
you need someone to invent the 48 hour day you do ;) your productivity will double overnight (y)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Has anyone use this place or heard of them? http://moto-leder.de/about_us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The prices seem good but when you order there are no size options, which makes me a bit wary. They could be one of those places who take your money then see if they can order the stuff you want. http://moto-leder.de/index.php?route=pr ... &path=1_10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blade

Post by Blade »

Not heard of them and sounds like a load of hassle just waiting to happen.

My rule of thumb is if it doesn't feel, sound or look right it probably isn't.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Blade wrote:The excel bike show is on in a few weeks.

Maybe give the exhibitors list a quick look and then ring a clothing trader before hand and see if you can get the show deal before the show. Money will be tight for shops at this time of year so might be glad of a customer with cash to spend.
The list of traders will be published 2 weeks before the event.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Try this link mate, list here

http://www.mcnmotorcycleshow.com/exhibitors.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I got in touch with that second company to see if they've got anything in stock my size. I'm still a bit sceptical.

I've seen some nice Arlen Ness jackets for sale in my size at a discount

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_ ... acket-0013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; they do other colour combos.

I'll probably end up with a two piece at this rate.
Blade

Post by Blade »

If your doing a lot of track days I would stick with a 1 piece if possible.

I use a 2 piece on the roads but when I replace it I will go one piece as I never split it anyway so pointless for me anyway.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Reading this thread has sparked my interest. My Teknic 2 piece still seems to have some life left in it but because of all the weights I've been lifting over the years (and perhaps the excessive amount of crap food I've piled into my body as well!) there is no way on God's green earth I'll fit into those again!!! I was looking at 1 pieces too, for road riding I tend to wear textiles in the winter and leather jacket/kevlar jean combo but with the mention of a possible Tankslap trackday I need something if im going to entertain the idea.
I've looked on all the websites in the thread, like you Kwacky size seems to be the issue. I'm scouring ebay as well, there are a couple of things ive got my eye on.

And as you say, a 2 piece may be a better option. For me it's down to the sizing. My chest is a 46" but my waist is slightly smaller than most blokes with a 46" chest. In a one piece there's a chance that could leave them fitting poorly, and I can't really afford to go down the custom made route right now.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Itchy wrote:Reading this thread has sparked my interest. My Teknic 2 piece still seems to have some life left in it but because of all the weights I've been lifting over the years (and perhaps the excessive amount of crap food I've piled into my body as well!) there is no way on God's green earth I'll fit into those again!!! I was looking at 1 pieces too, for road riding I tend to wear textiles in the winter and leather jacket/kevlar jean combo but with the mention of a possible Tankslap trackday I need something if im going to entertain the idea.
I've looked on all the websites in the thread, like you Kwacky size seems to be the issue. I'm scouring ebay as well, there are a couple of things ive got my eye on.

And as you say, a 2 piece may be a better option. For me it's down to the sizing. My chest is a 46" but my waist is slightly smaller than most blokes with a 46" chest. In a one piece there's a chance that could leave them fitting poorly, and I can't really afford to go down the custom made route right now.
im quite short with a 45" chest and had a lot of trouble getting off the peg leathers to fit.BKS do a one piece that has a two peice zip at the front,these fitted me spot on as the front stretches quite a bit,They are great for holding my belly in a bit like a sardine can