Ched Evans

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Ched Evans

Post by Blade »

Maturity or lack of it IMO. The uk youth have a culture of binge drinking. Tbh saying that I still have mates in their 40's and 50's who go out with the sole intension of getting completely smashed out of their heads it just seems to be the way our culture is for a certain section of the public rightly or wrongly
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

When I was a teen the papers were full of tales about lager louts and pissed up kids fighting.

So they brought in 24 hour drinking to make us more European in our approach to booze.

It didn't work.

I have to admit I still like to go and have a boozy blow out from time to time.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

did anybody read about these vile indivduals ? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... mours.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

There are some sick bastards around.

One of the guys I know on twitter had to deal with something similar. A bunch of lads were frequently on the trains and tube forcing young girls to do things. His daughter got targetted but she put up a fight and got a battering for her troubles. They pulled out a knife and threatened to kill her. She told her dad and they went to the police. The police found the lads and prosecuted.

What made it worse is that the sisters of these lads were sticking up for their brothers, they threatened her at school through their friends, followed her home, smashed the house up, called her a slag and said it was all her fault.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

duke63 wrote:
rocket wrote:I really don't want to have to explain to my son at an early age what a rapist is .. full stop.
You cannot stop your kids seeing the bad things in this world because they happen regardless.

The thing with the Evans case I cannot understand is if the girl was too drunk to say no to Evans how did she say yes to the other guy in the room?

Or have i got the facts wrong?

I'm not naive nor do i want to shield him from everything in life i want him to grow up with a common sense and to know right from wrong. i still think its wrong to have him back in the head lines etc.

My son is 3 far from understanding what rape or a rapist is , i have a niece at 6 she has a total innocence and its sad to think that if i took her to a football match and they are chanting rapist out which they will if she asked i would have to try and explain what one is.

no matter if he is guilty or not i do not have the understanding to make that call. Would i want rolf harris back on tv drawing pictures after he gets out of prison NO...
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I agree Rocket.

Speaking for myself. I'm not saying my opinion is politically correct or fits with the justice system model but it is my opinion that convicted rapists or child absuers should be not allowed in public positions of trust, respect or admiration by others.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

What if the rapist was an 18 year old man at the time who had sex with a girl with her consent the day before her 16th birthday? Is he on the scrapheap for the rest of his life?

It's a dangerous precedent to start excluding people from society for crimes they've been punished for.

Let's not forget the vast majority of cases of rape or child abuse happen behind closed doors. I bet none of those acts were carried out because a footballer convicted of rape was playing football again.

There are instances of footballers having served time and being allowed to play again. There is no evidence that those returning footballers caused member of the public to replicate the crimes carried out.

And how do you define a public position, or a position of trust, or a position of respect or where respect and/or admiration could be perceived? You go to any football match and you'll find a variety of views about each and every single player on that pitch. Football fans are as fickle as anyone else. Robbie Savage (as an example) is normally loathed, so would he pass your test and be allowed to play?
Blade

Post by Blade »

I don't make the decisions or sets the rules that our society has to abide by and I fully appreciate it will never be as black and white as I have mentioned above.

Just my personal opinion that I never will have any time or respect for convicted rapists or child abusers and if I had my way (which I won't, and maybe that's for the best) they would be excluded from certain positions of trust, respect or influence within our society.

To be completely honest I would see rapists and child absuers hung which would remove the argument forever whether or not they should be exclude from our society as they have been permanently removed and for the better IMHO. I m not seeking agreement with my opinion or wishing to influence other peoples opinion its purely mine and of no signifance.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

So you would hang the 18 year old I used as an example?
Blade

Post by Blade »

Personally I would not see your example as rape or child abuse. That' just my opinion and perhaps not factually or legally correct. I'm sure you will and can argue in the eyes of the law that could or would be classed as rape or child abuse but being reasonable I don't think it is, but that's just my opinion which counts for nothing.

I'm not a judge so also could not pass judgement on your example obviously. However if we had a vote on whether or not the death penalty should be reintroduced for convicted rapists and child abusers I would vote YES.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

But it is. She is under 16 so cannot consent. It is statutory rape. She is a minor. The 18 yr old is now a convicted sex offender and on the register. You've passed a law which means rapists and/or child abusers get the death penalty, so he's hanged.

Can you see the point I'm making? Sex offences are not black and white.

What if a wife found out her husband was having an affair. She has sex with him then goes to the Police. There's evidence of sex and evidence of a struggle as she asked him tie her up.

The jury convicts and the man is hanged.

Filled with guilt she confesses.

You can't bring him back.

Your system sees a 19 year old lad at a house party who gropes a 15 year old girl as the same as a 40 year old man who has full sex with a 6 month old baby and films it for the internet. Both are child abusers and sex offenders, so both go to the gallows.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I have'nt passed any law just stated my opinion which counts for nothing.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I'm with Kwacky, and like I wrote earlier, rape is a very complicated crime to prove in most instances....I have a few friends who are cops and work the sex crimes unit.....most of their cases get turned down...the evidence is just too flimsy.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Agree and that's why I said convicted beyond doubt rapists.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Any conviction in English courts is based on a jury verdict beyond reasonable doubt.

So anyone found guilty would be hanged if you had your way.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Good glad we cleared that up ;)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I have a friend that took a bird home froma nightclub 20 years ago ,they had sex and he took her home the next day
Her dad answered the door she was underage and she panicked and cried rape
He's a good guy she looked far older but his life and business was ruined,he was convicted of underage sex but not rape
He's on the sex offenders register I don't believe he is a peodo but made a mistake and was in the wrong place at the wrong time
It's just not black and white is it
Blade

Post by Blade »

Sorry to hear your mate went through such an ordeal Perkles. Your right it's not black and white.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

Blade wrote: To be completely honest I would see rapists and child absuers hung which would remove the argument forever whether or not they should be exclude from our society as they have been permanently removed and for the better IMHO. I m not seeking agreement with my opinion or wishing to influence other peoples opinion its purely mine and of no signifance.
Blade wrote:Your right it's not black and white.
So does this imply that there's "good rape" and "bad rape"? Not having a go, just want to understand your position here mate.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Really wish I had never made a comment here I was merely stating my opinion nothing more.

I agree its not black and white. My personal opinion is I would like to see convicted rapists and child absuers sentenced to capital punishment. I haven't got the time, patients, knowledge or skill to draft a detailed law that would stand up to such close scrutiny that people are apyplyinge here.

As previously said my comments are worthless and carry no value they are simply my personal thoughts. I seek no approval from others or have attempted to change other people's opinion.

I'm out.