Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Topics covering world politics and political events. To hide this section go to your control panel and join the group "Hide Politics"
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Post by duke63 »

Furlough expected to be continued until March 2021!
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

duke63 wrote:Furlough expected to be continued until March 2021!
And when is the UK filling for bankruptcy?

Or are all these big businesses that the clown is pandering to going to chip in and help the country get back on its feet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

D6Nutz wrote:

Or are all these big businesses that the clown is pandering to going to chip in and help the country get back on its feet.
Except that aren't many big businesses are busily making plans for relocating to European bases, so that they can avoid being caught up in the approaching ostracisation of Britain by the EU post brexshit.
Why would they be interested in patching up the leaking ship, that they're planning to disembark anyway.??
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

StMarks wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:

Except that aren't many big businesses are busily making plans for relocating to European bases, so that they can avoid being caught up in the approaching ostracisation of Britain by the EU post brexshit.
Why would they be interested in patching up the leaking ship, that they're planning to disembark anyway.??
Ah true...

Why support the country by giving money back when you can fill your pockets with free cash and scaper.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I have an issue with this £200 fine
Police don’t need to prove you broke the law to give you a fine - only to suspect you did so. That means you could find yourself fighting a fine in court.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

You wouldn't be fighting the fine, you'd be fighting the charge.
So you can pay the fine & be done with it.
OR...
Fight the charge in court & risk a bigger fine if you're found guilty.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D41 wrote:You wouldn't be fighting the fine, you'd be fighting the charge.
OR...
Why should I pay a fine if I am not even proven guilty, our freedom is being eroded
I am all up for helping the vulnerable during the virus scare but this is bollax,I don’t expect boris and his chums will be handed out any fines
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Perkles wrote:,,,I have an issue with this £200 fine
Police don’t need to prove you broke the law to give you a fine - only to suspect you did so.
That means you could find yourself fighting a fine in court.
Why should I pay a fine if I am not even proven guilty, our freedom is being eroded
I am all up for helping the vulnerable during the virus scare but this is bollax,I don’t expect boris and his chums will be handed out any fines
The police are tasked with enforcing the lockdown, and have criteria they should follow. It is not intended to be heavy-handed or a money-making scam, but without the threat of any deterrent we all know how obedient some people are(n't).

The approach is 'the 4 Es': Engage. Explain. Encourage. Enforce. First they will try to engage with someone, explain how they think they are breaking the rules, and encourage them to change their behaviour to reduce the risk to public safety and health.

If people still do not follow the rules the police can:
Tell them to disperse
Tell parents to stop their children breaking the rules
Fine them

These fines are mainly there to protect us all from those who put their own preferences ahead of common welfare, so be pleased about them.

Hth

P.S. I think you may get -50% discount, if you pay promptly :)
duke63

Post by duke63 »

is there perhaps an end on the horizon?

Whatever i am not rushing out to take it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54873105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/events/1325795914183704576?s=20[/tweet]

Boris Johnson says ‘if and when this vaccine is approved,’ the UK will be ready to use it

Prime Minister Boris Johnson hosted a government press conference from Downing Street where he announced that “If and when this vaccine is approved, we in this country will be ready to use it.” The prime minister also said that the UK is at the “front of the pack” for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine and has bought enough doses for a third of the population if it proves a success.

Loving the optimisum and financial outlay..... There might be a vaccine, that may work, we don't know yet.... but hey we've bought millions of doses of it anyway...... Wonder who owns the company and what Tory ties they have /tinfoil hat

duke63

Post by duke63 »

The firm that invented the #Pfizer vaccine, Biontech, is a German medical startup founded by the children of Turkish #immigrants: Özlem Türeci (CMO) and Uğur Şahin (CEO).

German company run and owned by children of Turkish immigrants. How ironic!!

Damned immigrants moving to a foreign Country and possibly saving the World.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D6Nutz wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/events/1325795914183704576?s=20[/tweet]

Boris Johnson says ‘if and when this vaccine is approved,’ the UK will be ready to use it

Prime Minister Boris Johnson hosted a government press conference from Downing Street where he announced that “If and when this vaccine is approved, we in this country will be ready to use it.” The prime minister also said that the UK is at the “front of the pack” for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine and has bought enough doses for a third of the population if it proves a success.

Loving the optimisum and financial outlay..... There might be a vaccine, that may work, we don't know yet.... but hey we've bought millions of doses of it anyway...... Wonder who owns the company and what Tory ties they have /tinfoil hat
Great he can be the first to try it out then
D41

Post by D41 »

Perkles wrote:
OR...
Then don't pay it. That way you'll definitely find your freedom being eroded. :D

The whole citation & fine thing has been going on for a long time, and it works very well for handling minor offenses, misdemeanors, etc.
But if you want to go and have your day in court and do it the old-fashioned way you're perfectly welcome to do so... it's your time & your dime.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D41 wrote:
Perkles wrote:
OR...
Then don't pay it. That way you'll definitely find your freedom being eroded. :D

The whole citation & fine thing has been going on for a long time, and it works very well for handling minor offenses, misdemeanors, etc.
But if you want to go and have your day in court and do it the old-fashioned way you're perfectly welcome to do so... it's your time & your dime.
I have no idea what you are going on about
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Question: Why would you want to take a vaccine that's taken 1/10th the typical time for a vaccine to be made?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/ ... ronavirus/
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Cav wrote:Question: Why would you want to take a vaccine that's taken 1/10th the typical time for a vaccine to be made?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/ ... ronavirus/
Because BOJO the clown has told us we have a work beating vaccination program that is better and safer than anyone else. Obvs.

D41

Post by D41 »

To be fair, the scale of the pandemic, the rush to find a cure....and indeed the mobilization of gov'ts, pharma companies, etc., all aimed at fighting the coronavirus....it's kind of unprecedented.
And it's worth remembering that at the same time, it's also building upon lessons learned from SARS, and that one other virus (can't remember it's name?)....so it's not like they're starting from scratch with the research.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It has been rushed though. They've not been doing the trial for long. I won't be at the front of the queue for it.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

The problem IMO is that the vaccine is financially motivated. So many companies all rushing in different directions to produce something, anything, that they can sell to governments desperate to save face.

If they where truly interested in creating a safe vaccine quickly then governments and companies would work collaboratively on a single low cost product.

Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

D6Nutz wrote:If they where truly interested in creating a safe vaccine quickly then governments and companies would work collaboratively on a single low cost product.
Yes and no. Their best effort is to investigate numerous routes as to discover (hopefully) multiple methods of creating a vaccine. However, once the vaccine is discovered to work then they should work collaboratively in order to create enough for the global population and at a low enough cost. Obviously they aren't going to do that - they're businesses after all.