What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Blade »

Well you said you would prefer a 765, the other day but BMW didnt have one.

Maybe some one was listening and they've given you something within 15cc of your request (giggle)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Had a complete bender last night and currently dealing with a hangover on 2.5 hrs sleep. Woke up to find out our flights home have be cancelled and we are rebooked 4 hrs later, so it’s going to be a long day.

But also, update on the saga that is my life.

I got cleared on Thursday by the company doctor to return offshore. My Field Manager doesn’t want me going straight into 3 week trips so they are staging me in shorter trips back up to full roster. Lovely idea in principle but in practice it’s a complete **** around for me. Means I lose 3 days to travel each time. Means the kids are back and forward between me and the ex a lot more too. But it is what it is and glad to be getting back to full pay.

So I’m home for 2 weeks then
Offshore 1 week
Home 2 weeks
Offshore 1 week
Home 2 weeks
Offshore 2 weeks
Home 4 weeks
The back into normal 3/4 3/5 roster again.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote:Had a complete bender last night and currently dealing with a hangover on 2.5 hrs sleep. Woke up to find out our flights home have be cancelled and we are rebooked 4 hrs later, so it’s going to be a long day.

I got cleared on Thursday by the company doctor to return offshore. My Field Manager doesn’t want me going straight into 3 week trips so they are staging me in shorter trips back up to full roster. Lovely idea in principle but in practice it’s a complete **** around for me. Means I lose 3 days to travel each time. Means the kids are back and forward between me and the ex a lot more too. But it is what it is and glad to be getting back to full pay.

Offshore 1 week
Home 2 weeks
Offshore 1 week
Home 2 weeks
Offshore 2 weeks
Home 4 weeks
That does look tough, but as you say - the path back to normal (or whatever that is). Good milestone considering the state of your health last year (y)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Whilst I can see why it's awkward for you, It does seem reassuring that your company have obviously put some thought & effort into assisting your return to active duty.
A lot of employers would simply expect you to turn up & carry on as productively as before, with no interest in your welfare just in your availability.

Perhaps you could go along with their schedule initially & see how you feel. Then, if it's a breeze & you are feeling as capable as before, you could respectfully suggest that they just drop back to the normal pattern.
Also, you may actually find that the gradual return does indeed help you get back into the swing of things, without getting too jiggered. In which case you can stay stum, & be quietly thankful your employer has such accommodating management.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

StMarks wrote:Whilst I can see why it's awkward for you, It does seem reassuring that your company have obviously put some thought & effort into assisting your return to active duty.
A lot of employers would simply expect you to turn up & carry on as productively as before, with no interest in your welfare just in your availability.

Perhaps you could go along with their schedule initially & see how you feel. Then, if it's a breeze & you are feeling as capable as before, you could respectfully suggest that they just drop back to the normal pattern.
Also, you may actually find that the gradual return does indeed help you get back into the swing of things, without getting too jiggered. In which case you can stay stum, & be quietly thankful your employer has such accommodating management.
Don’t get me wrong, I do fully appreciate the approach they are taking, and while aspects are frustrating because of my other responsibilities my ‘it is what it is’ comment was me acknowledging that it’s required and I just need to deal with it. There will be no changing it, and over that period I technically need to work 5.6 weeks to time balance so I’m on a win, and they have taken into account the extra travel when formulating the plan.

It’s not staggered for my physical condition, but mentally too. I’ve got to build the confidence that I can still be effective offshore even though I still have some limitations.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

You'll be alright bab. You've got this.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Today I'm slobbing out doing nothing. Nothing at all.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:You'll be alright bab. You've got this.
:*
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Being Paranoid! in from a run out, could here a helicopter, then see it is really close.... dive into the garage, sneak out and grab the camera. as it flies really close...... Oh FFS its not the Police!!!! Do I have a guilty conscious 8) :D :D ;) Honest I was not giving it the beans (lol)
Image_DSC6717_fk by Frankie Art, on Flickr
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Ahh yes...the Airbus 130 or 135....probably a 135 as I'm pretty sure the 130 is more of an airborne limousine type of helicopter.
I like that paintjob though.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

D41 wrote:Ahh yes...the Airbus 130 or 135....probably a 135 as I'm pretty sure the 130 is more of an airborne limousine type of helicopter.
I like that paintjob though.
Its the 135 night version, has all the tools so they can do there thing at night. Thames Valley Air Ambulance paint job.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Covering No-Limits Racing for the first time - some quick boys in it . Today included a 6hr endurance race that started at 2pm - I left at 6 .

Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

There are some real quick boys there within 3 seconds of the outright motorcycle lap record.. and that's in the middle of an endurance race (1.31s)

Quick 600s are doing around 1.36
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:Had a complete bender last night and currently dealing with a hangover on 2.5 hrs sleep. Woke up to find out our flights home have be cancelled and we are rebooked 4 hrs later, so it’s going to be a long day.

Offshore 1 week
Home 2 weeks
Offshore 1 week
Home 2 weeks
Offshore 2 weeks
Home 4 weeks
Great news Kiwi for getting the all clear to get back to work, I hope you get back into the swing of things fairly quickly and also enjoy being back to work

Your rota is pretty full on mate. You may be glad that you are on half rota for a while. May mess your personal life around a tad but your health is important and I personally feel that you will be glad for that schedule. Take it easy when you get back offshore buddy

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Blade

Post by Blade »

Very good news kiwi. Take it easy buddy, glad to hear tour employer is doing the right thing in supporting you.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Father’s Day here today. So just had lunch at a place called Food Coma... and they lived up to the name... so full.
Blade

Post by Blade »

4.5 hours graft in and just stopped for breakfast.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Just off out to meet a friend on his way back up North from Ipswich, meeting at Willingham Woods after meeting another friend just up the road in a bit... Very unusual, me living a mile from the meeting point, it's usually me doing the most miles.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Nice afternoon shopping, eating and drinking with my wife.
TriumphFan
Your Bike: Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports

Post by TriumphFan »

Refereeing Karate all day - new season started today. It’ll now be sunshine bursting out the sky every Sunday, and I’ll be stuck in a hall dreaming of open roads and cafes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk