A positive couple of lockdown days

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

A positive couple of lockdown days

Post by T.C. »

Since the lockdown started, I have been out just the once and that was just to post a letter.

Anyway, yesterday, went over to my buddies garage to get the MOT done on the Mrs car.

All the staff are on lockdown except 2 of the guys, Steve who is doing MOT's and Nick who is doing repairs and non urgent servicing.

The system they have in place works really well, and it was good to get the second car done rather than apply the extension as I know that 1, the car is safe and legal, and 2, I have not got to bugger around in a few months time getting it booked in.

So that was the first result

Then today, off to the Doctors for my INR blood test. In and out in less than five minutes (compared to the usual 30 minute wait just to get to see the Nurse), so 2nd result. They even gave me a free face mask :)

All this fresh air over the past few days however is making me feel quite heady and at least I have not forgotten how to drive ;)
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: A positive couple of lockdown days

Post by Kwacky »

There's a couple of places near me still doing MOTs. One of them is doing a collection service to cut down the contact. The other has a drop off point outside for the vehicle. You go into their office which is split by a large glass panel with a banking/petrol station style two way drawer for your keys. No contact at all.