Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Topics covering world politics and political events. To hide this section go to your control panel and join the group "Hide Politics"
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: Coronavirus - hype or pandemlc?

Post by duke63 »

.......and they are now switching to Apple-Google based model.

I wonder how many Tories and their mates have trousered a few million quid of Government money from the failed app they were 'developing'!

Howe many more **** ups will there be? :D

Remember these muppets are currently in 'charge' of Britain's trading future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53095336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I bet a vote of no confidence wouldn't make it through.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

duke63 wrote:.......and they are now switching to Apple-Google based model.

I wonder how many Tories and their mates have trousered a few million quid of Government money from the failed app they were 'developing'!

Howe many more **** ups will there be? :D

Remember these muppets are currently in 'charge' of Britain's trading future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53095336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(facepalm)

Words fail me (well ones that won't be censored anyway)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Cav wrote:I bet a vote of no confidence wouldn't make it through.
Correct. It doesn't matter what is the general public (and employers of these cockwombles) think or want, it needs a majority of MPs to support a vote of no confidence.

You already know that all Tory MPs have been told to tow the party line or be sacked.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav

Post by Cav »

D6Nutz wrote:tow the party line or be sacked.
I don't understand how people who do that live with themselves. I know charity starts at home but even if you start out with good intentions, once you discover it's corrupt, get out. When has corruption been beaten from within? Too many selfish people in this world and the majority of Politicians are a prime example.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Cav wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:tow the party line or be sacked.
I don't understand how people who do that live with themselves. I know charity starts at home but even if you start out with good intentions, once you discover it's corrupt, get out. When has corruption been beaten from within? Too many selfish people in this world and the majority of Politicians are a prime example.
It's no different than you being told to post a public review about your company saying it's great or be sacked when you disagree with the statement.

To them being a politician is just a job, it's no longer about representing their constituents and doing what is right.

Cav

Post by Cav »

Not really. It would be like me being told to actively support my company polluting my friends, neighbours and families water and slowly watching all of them get ill. That's much more comparable.

By not supporting a vote of no confidence you are guilty by association.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I just listened to a discussion re: the Furlough scheme. HMRC reckon there may be 30% of claims being made fraudulently as the staff are still working, many full time.

They are also saying that between 30-50% of the bank loans being given to business and fully backed by the Government, will never be repaid.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

QE is up to £745 Billion , no point saving as it'll be worth FA in the near future .
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I can see the Covid 19 data notification thingy in my android tablet now. Any idea where it is on an iPhone? Some seem to say its in the health app.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinde ... t-tracing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
duke63

Post by duke63 »

FB_IMG_1592947853132.jpg
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

meat packing plants that I sell capital equipment to are closing due to large spikes in infection rates ,I suspect there will be huge spikes in the Autumn when the temperature drops
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Perkles wrote:meat packing plants that I sell capital equipment to are closing due to large spikes in infection rates ,I suspect there will be huge spikes in the Autumn when the temperature drops
Is anyone else on here wondering why meat processing plants worldwide seem to be hit by this.?

As I understand it, they all wear PPE etc & the temp' will be controlled too.

D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

According to the CDC, the close proximity of workers to one another - both in the plants themselves, and traveling to & from them, isn't doing the workers any favours. The lower temperatures allow the virus to live longer outside of a host. Workplace hygiene is always a factor, but more critical than ever during the current pandemic.
Etc.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

StMarks wrote:
Perkles wrote:meat packing plants that I sell capital equipment to are closing due to large spikes in infection rates ,I suspect there will be huge spikes in the Autumn when the temperature drops
Is anyone else on here wondering why meat processing plants worldwide seem to be hit by this.?

As I understand it, they all wear PPE etc & the temp' will be controlled too.

low temperature and the places are usually a shithole and nothing like that photo
D41

Post by D41 »

Well, a photo like that can't portray long hours, work practices "off the line", etc.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

And whilst I'm in an unsettling mode, I'm going to continue the theme by divulging the recurring dream I've been having for a few months now. The one with Kwacky's spiders...

It's different every time. Well, that is to say it's the same every time, just the detail focus that changes/evolves.
(Very) Basically (because it's very involved & detailed) the overview is this.: :(

Trump & other world leaders are pressuring for a vaccine, because the virus is inconvenient & hitting profitability of the societies that support the lavish lifestyles of their leaders.
So they create a worldwide competition to find a vaccine, with billions $$$ offered to the first organisation that can produce one by any means.
The media attention goes viral, and everyone from the most forensic lab to crackpots applies for the offered samples of the virus, so that they can try for the prize.
Every applicant gets one sample of the virus. This proves problematic for many applicants, as they soon use all their allocated sample.
Somewhere in the world, in a small vivisection lab, a young scientist finds a way to genetically tamper with his company's sample, so that it can be used on smaller animals & therefore much smaller volumes are used in testing.
Somewhere else in the world an effective vaccine is produced, and a winner lauded with universal praise from Global power leaders.
Within months the world is vaccinated against Cv19, and not one more infection is reported..
Kwacky posts up on here that his spiders are dying.... :^
The abandoned test samples of genetically altered virus gradually spread across the world, infecting small creatures & insects. No one notices at first, in fact the global dying out of mice & rats is welcomed.
Mosquito's disappear, and Malaria almost completely ceases. Insect blights of crops cease, and 2020 produces the highest yield of crop ever.
This is fortunate, because the lockdown baby-boom coupled with the reduced deaths from disease see the population curve become almost a vertical line.
It doesn't take very long....
The global cross-species pandemic wreaks havoc with the world's ecosystem & (long story short) it collapses. Even fish fall victim to Cv19.

We are left with a planet that has plenty of humans & nothing much else.

Sleep well.. :(
D41

Post by D41 »

Very creative.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I'll add to the 'scary' list.

The average time that an individual is immune to re infection from other coronavirus', once they have become infected and recovered, is six months.

After that they are at risk again.
D41

Post by D41 »

Why is that scary? They recover from one virus, develop an immunity to it as a result, and yet are still susceptible to infection from another virus?? Why would that scare anyone?