Work

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Work

Post by Cav »

Hope you don't mind if I post my work sh!t into here, Kwacky.

We received an email yesterday explaining how it's going to happen tomorrow. Now, bear in mind my main reason for requesting redundancy was to take back some control because of the stress of not knowing, they announced that people who didn't request redundancy get a meeting asap tomorrow morning and an email will go round after the last person announcing that everyone not called in is not at risk.

Following this, they will then have individual meeting with those at risk and discuss why the request was or was not accepted.

So yeah... my request now means that I find out even later than everyone else. Not at all adding to my stress :@
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Confused Cav. If your request has been refused does that not suggest you are safe ?
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

My reading of it is that it means that you're safe if a) you did not request redundancy and b) you don't have a meeting.

Those who did request it are being dealt with later on to be told yay or nay.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I haven't had it refused.. I just have to wait until later in the day to find out. The exact opposite of what I was hoping for.

The outcome doesn't bother me but I'm stressing while I don't know. Losing sleep, not eating, then bingeing, bingeing on alcohol. It isn't logical, I know, but I am struggling.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Ok I see. At least you find iut tomorrow by then sounds of it. Hope it works out for you either way (y)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

There are loads of online tutorials for stress coping techniques. The hardest part is accepting that it is out of your hands and there is nothing you can do about it.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Thanks, Blade (y)

I should probably do some Googling, Kwacky. I've just been trying to distract for the most part. I went to poker last night to help with that (no cost so don't worry about gambling addiction) and I was doing really well but I suddenly reached a point where my emotions caught up and I just wanted to go home. So I did. I just put my chips in the case and left.

Hopefully I'm alright after tomorrow but I feel it's a bit like Brexit. You've got to do at least 2 more meetings and if they find you a suitable position that you cannot disprove is suitable you legally have to trial it for 4 weeks. Again, adding to the uncertainty
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Simple breathing techniques are a good place to start. If you use slow and controlled breathing your body starts to think everything is ok and your brain releases different chemicals, reducing your anxiety.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:Simple breathing techniques are a good place to start. If you use slow and controlled breathing your body starts to think everything is ok and your brain releases different chemicals, reducing your anxiety.
(nod) this really works, i combined this with physical exercise to get a bit of an endorphin rush as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav

Post by Cav »

I can't remember when I last noticed my breathing to be honest.

I also can't remember the last time I did genuine exercise or training.

It would help (y)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Cav you have a good CV you will find a decent position ,has Dez sent you anything through yet ?
Blade

Post by Blade »

Dont hide from stress and its effect Cav. I did for nearly 2 years and it made me very unwell and it's only recently I have turned a significant corner and feel half normal again.

I couldnt admit my problems to other people at the time, stupid I know, especially as my friends and family knew I was very unwell anyway. To be honest I still don't like to talk about it or admit I wasnt well even today, even though I knew I was seriously struggling and in considerable bad health at that point in my life.

I evenutally hit rock bottom and it was a very dark, horrible place which I realised I couldnt exist in anymore as it didnt just effect me, it also effected the people I love, who were trying to help me.

I've recently found a better place in my life and made changes so that I an continue to be at peace, hopefully long term, but one think I have learnt which I can share, is stress is a dangerous burden on your health and fighting it wont change or even influence the outcome of what you are stressed about.

Really not easy to do, but find a coping mechanism that works for you (we are all different) but what ever you do, do not accept stress into your life. It will take over your personality and take you places you dont want to go and your loved ones don't deserve to be dragged into.

Only worry about what you can control and influence. The rest has to be forgotten about, very hard to do, but hand on heart, its the only positive option you can take.

Good luck with work and hope you find peace and a good place in your head. Take care buddy.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Perkles wrote:Cav you have a good CV you will find a decent position ,has Dez sent you anything through yet ?
Thank you, I only have 1 interview so far.. slow going this job malarkey. I haven't heard from Dez yet.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I'm sorry to hear of your stress, Blade, but I'm glad you've worked through it and come out the other side. I really appreciate your message and input. I just hope tomorrow is a turning point and it begins to feel like I'm getting past it.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You're all control freaks. You would fit in well with the partners at work. (lol)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cav wrote:I'm sorry to hear of your stress, Blade, but I'm glad you've worked through it and come out the other side. I really appreciate your message and input. I just hope tomorrow is a turning point and it begins to feel like I'm getting past it.
Cheers Cav. I'm sure you being a young modern man, will fair better than this stubborn old dinosaur who cant open up to his problems very well, but dont bottle stuff up or allow stress into your life.

Stress has a nasty habit of creeping up on you and than taking over your whole personality and existence and seriously effecting your health.

I thought I could cope and I'm mentally quite tough. The reality was I couldnt cope and I was a mess for nearly 2 years.

Lots of good resources to help online so dont hide, but seek help if you feel it's getting too much. None of us tough, rough blokes are invisible despite what we want to believe.
Last edited by Blade on 28 Jan 2020, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Kwacky wrote:You're all control freaks. You would fit in well with the partners at work. (lol)
We're Engineers... our job IS to control! :D
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

What are the hours??

Youre spot-on about breathing techniques though....it slows things down & "puts you back inside your head".
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:You're all control freaks. You would fit in well with the partners at work. (lol)
Yep, took me four decades to work that out for myself, but yes I most definitely am, and I'm none the better for it.

Time to try and change :?
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Cav wrote:
Perkles wrote:Cav you have a good CV you will find a decent position ,has Dez sent you anything through yet ?
Thank you, I only have 1 interview so far.. slow going this job malarkey. I haven't heard from Dez yet.
You need to harass him