Helmet recommendations

The news and your views about biking
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Helmet recommendations

Post by Rossgo »

StMarks wrote:????? You didn't try any Shark helmets Rossgo.
Fwiw my commute helmet is a Shark with a flip down visor, they're worth a look IMO.
No didn't try any Sharks mate. I can't recall seeing any at the shop to be honest. Don't know enough about them either. But like i say I'm not buying just yet so may try on Shark at some point
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Monty wrote:
Rossgo wrote:HJC RPHA 11 - Size Small,good fit, Ears a little tight when getting out. Cheeks tight 1250g £299 vents easy to use - visor locks into place. Comfortable maybe needs a little bedding in - LIKE LIKE LIKE ALOT
That's the one I've got in the same colours as Kwacky. I bought it as a summer/track day helmet but it's that good I use it all year around. Plus a I got a mega deal on it, 180 quid delivered with a spare light tint visor and a pinlock. The visor and pinlock would have cost at least 60 quid.
That is a very good deal for one hell of a lid. I'm glad I tried this on as it does feel good when on and looks awesome. Thanks for your feed back
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Rossgo wrote:
Monty wrote:
Rossgo wrote:HJC RPHA 11 - Size Small,good fit, Ears a little tight when getting out. Cheeks tight 1250g £299 vents easy to use - visor locks into place. Comfortable maybe needs a little bedding in - LIKE LIKE LIKE ALOT
That's the one I've got in the same colours as Kwacky. I bought it as a summer/track day helmet but it's that good I use it all year around. Plus a I got a mega deal on it, 180 quid delivered with a spare light tint visor and a pinlock. The visor and pinlock would have cost at least 60 quid.
That is a very good deal for one hell of a lid. I'm glad I tried this on as it does feel good when on and looks awesome. Thanks for your feed back
oops sorry I've got the 10, not the 11
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Monty wrote:
Rossgo wrote:
Monty wrote: That's the one I've got in the same colours as Kwacky. I bought it as a summer/track day helmet but it's that good I use it all year around. Plus a I got a mega deal on it, 180 quid delivered with a spare light tint visor and a pinlock. The visor and pinlock would have cost at least 60 quid.
oops sorry I've got the 10, not the 11
Hmmmmm...are they all that different? I really don't know. The 11 seems great.so I guess the 11 is just the next evolution of the 10??
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Monty see what you've done to us
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

A worthwhile read for anyone wanting to buy a new helmet.

http://www.motovudu.com/what-is-the-wor ... ld-happen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty

Post by Monty »

Monty wrote:That's the one I've got in the same colours as Kwacky. I bought it as a summer/track day helmet but it's that good I use it all year around. Plus a I got a mega deal on it, 180 quid delivered with a spare light tint visor and a pinlock. The visor and pinlock would have cost at least 60 quid.
Rossgo wrote:That is a very good deal for one hell of a lid. I'm glad I tried this on as it does feel good when on and looks awesome. Thanks for your feed back
Monty wrote:oops sorry I've got the 10, not the 11
Rossgo wrote:Hmmmmm...are they all that different? I really don't know. The 11 seems great.so I guess the 11 is just the next evolution of the 10??
Have you tried Amazon (rolf)
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

duke63 wrote:A worthwhile read for anyone wanting to buy a new helmet.

http://www.motovudu.com/what-is-the-wor ... ld-happen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Very good link, well worth a read. I must admit I hadn't thought about it like that before.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

duke63 wrote:A worthwhile read for anyone wanting to buy a new helmet.

I'll give it a read at some point Duke. Cheers for sharing
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Monty wrote:
Monty wrote:That's the one I've got in the same colours as Kwacky. I bought it as a summer/track day helmet but it's that good I use it all year around. Plus a I got a mega deal on it, 180 quid delivered with a spare light tint visor and a pinlock. The visor and pinlock would have cost at least 60 quid.
Rossgo wrote:That is a very good deal for one hell of a lid. I'm glad I tried this on as it does feel good when on and looks awesome. Thanks for your feed back
Monty wrote:oops sorry I've got the 10, not the 11
Rossgo wrote:Hmmmmm...are they all that different? I really don't know. The 11 seems great.so I guess the 11 is just the next evolution of the 10??
Have you tried Amazon (rolf)
Image certainly will do now!!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.lidsdirect.co.uk/hjc-fg-15-c ... Xmas_Event" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That any good for you?

Only downside is no drop down sun visor.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.lidsdirect.co.uk/xmas-sale/s ... rder=price" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are loads of bargains there mate.
Monty

Post by Monty »

Lids Direct, that's the one. Couldn't remember to the life of me, but that's where I got mine from.

Bargain in your size Ross if you don't mind having a plain one

http://www.lidsdirect.co.uk/helmets/hjc ... plus-plain" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks guys they are certainly a lot of bargains out there! I am liking the look of the shark race pro lids. Think I need to get out a bit more and try other ones on. But like I say the R-PHA 11 is favourite at the moment!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/225767" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drop in price to £186 and it's got the sun visor built in.

I'm tempted by this one https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/225825" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/225767

Drop in price to £186 and it's got the sun visor built in.

I'm tempted by this one https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/225825" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or even https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/194262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at just £ 140.99 it seems pretty good value.???
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I don't really want the in built visor in my lid. I tend to swap visors when I need to for the day. I do like the practicality of having a sun visor as i have got one with this built in on my older lid but I just don't want it, it adds a bit more weight to it and didnt tend to use it in my other lid so don't think I would now
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Fair enough,. I find them very useful.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:Fair enough,. I find them very useful.
+1
I also find the flip down sun visor very useful indeed for commuting etc...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I can see why it is very useful, to be honest it is a great idea but I personally just didn't use it enough to warrant me needing/ wanting another one like it. I do appreciate the recommendations keep them coming!