10 years for 4 lives

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

10 years for 4 lives

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37823457" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A lorry driver who hit and killed a mother and three children while using his phone has been jailed for 10 years.

Tomasz Kroker smashed into Tracy Houghton's car, which had her sons, Ethan, 13, and Joshua, 11, inside, and her partner's daughter, Aimee Goldsmith, 11.

Judge Maura McGowan said his attention had been so poor he "might as well have had his eyes closed".

Kroker was scrolling through music selections at the time of the crash.

This issue of people using their phones is getting worse, but as we all know, there are no police around to deal with it.

The sooner self driving cars come in the better.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: 10 years for 4 lives

Post by D41 »

Were there parole stipulations?? What was the maximum allowable sentence?? Or the minimum for that matter, considering the guilty plea??
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Maximum is 14 years. You can get up to a third off your sentence for an early guilty plea.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Really?? I thought it was a bit more than that to be honest.

So realistically, he'll be out in about five?? .....That's me going off of what he'd serve here....I have no idea about the UK criteria for this sort of thing.....whether sentences normally run concurrently, etc.

I think consecutive sentences only apply with premeditated stuff here.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

This happened near Newbury. It's devasting news. 10 years is f¿cking not long enough IMO. He's murdered kids by his own doing. Music was more important in his head. He was driving a moving weapon. He's probably done that sort of crap his whole driving life and now has killed children.

I hope he gets raped in prison and gets the sh!t knocked out of him every day while he's in there. What a tw@. The lads he will see in prison I'm sure won't allow him to forget it

10 years how can the legal system say that's a fair sentence he shouldn't have a bloody life. Those kids will never experience their first holiday away from mum and dad. Their first piss up. Their first proper love. The feeling of being adults. The feeling of getting their uni degree (or similar). Their first day of work. The bloody list is endless. And yet he will prob walk away doing less than 10 years be back at work and if he hasn't got kids may start his own family that he can love and hold and see them have their own family. But he stole someone else's family away from them they will never get that back.

He shouldn't be allowed to have a life outside bars.

That may sound harsh but in my opinion the legal system has failed that poor family end of.