Russia banned

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Russia banned

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/36562570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the Olympics. Looks like they've got no chance of competing this year.

If we can ban them from football as well I'll be a happy bunny.

It does make you wonder the extent of drug use in athletics and other sports being carried out by most countries.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Russia banned

Post by D41 »

I can't say I blame the athletes, I really can't. You've got some team manager pushing his 'product'...whether it be Shimano components or whatever, and he takes a guy/girl to one side...."Look mate...you're NEVER going to stand any chance of winning or doing well, unless you take this EPO crap. Take it, and you may well win (inside competition here)....you'll be financially secure for years, if not a lifetime...your wife & kids will have a solid income from all your endorsements, everyone else is already on it,"...etc. etc.

These guys/girls are not rocket scientists...and they have mouths to feed...and an ego, and a job to keep. And as far as The Olympics go...thats more or less a 'job' for life if you podium at it, especially a gold or two.

I have to be honest, I'd do it myself in a heartbeat. But then again, I'm into substance abuse...or I was.

PS.....1 year clean the other day!!!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: Russia banned

Post by Perkles »

I never took drugs even though I knew others were but there again ive got a thing called a conciense and pride ,if I did it all again I still wouldnt cheat
Every race I won or finished in was from hard graft and pain,I dont know how cheats can live with theirselves
good riddance Russia