Anyone going to the London Bike show this weekend?

The news and your views about biking
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Anyone going to the London Bike show this weekend?

Post by T.C. »

If so, then pop by the SorryMate stand and say Hi where I will be making my debut with the team.
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
dogbot
Your Bike:

Re: Anyone going to the London Bike show this weekend?

Post by dogbot »

On Saturday.

Presumably, you'll be the one who isn't a lycra clad lady?

;)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

dogbot wrote:On Saturday.

;)
A mate of mine used to work for Sorrymate, & I stopped off at their stand at the NEC to chat to him a couple of years back. Although he was working alongside a young lady, she was in "solicitor power suit" garb, rather than the Carole Nash type outfit, (Although maybe TC has already implemented changes to their corporate strategy.? )
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I'll be there on friday with the lovely Candice

T.C.

Post by T.C. »

dogbot wrote:On Saturday.

;)
I will be in a polo shirt (I am totally the wrong shape and gender for lycra, apart from which I am told it doesn't half chafe ;) ) and I don't think anyone else will be wearing lycra unless you go over to the cycle show which is running at the same time.

I always think scantily clad totty looks a bit cheap and naff personaly, and spoils the view of any half decent bikes on view :) But then I am old ;(
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

I agree, for what it's worth, as fab as Ms. Collier there looked in her rabbit ears on the Victory stand a couple of years back. I could happily live without 'em.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Jack you suck :D
T.C.

Post by T.C. »

A tiring 3 days, but enjoyable and good to meet a few people. Today is a de-seize day. 10+ hours a day on your feet takes its toll. :(
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Sounds like to you need to put your feet up and relax.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Had a really good day there on Saturday, but it seemed like there were a lot of people missing.

A few exhibitors/retailers mentioned that they've put up the prices for stands massively this year and if it's the same next year, they will consider not going. Lots of people on the Triumph stand (as per), but the other big manufacturers didn't seem as busy as last year when they had new models out, nor was there the same queues around the custom bike stands.

It's getting to be quite costly to go to this one every year, too. Might have to consider next year's show carefully.
T.C.

Post by T.C. »

dogbot wrote:Had a really good day there on Saturday, but it seemed like there were a lot of people missing.

A few exhibitors/retailers mentioned that they've put up the prices for stands massively this year and if it's the same next year, they will consider not going. Lots of people on the Triumph stand (as per), but the other big manufacturers didn't seem as busy as last year when they had new models out, nor was there the same queues around the custom bike stands.

It's getting to be quite costly to go to this one every year, too. Might have to consider next year's show carefully.
Saturday it was heaving from when it opened at 9 until about 5pm (show closed at 6) but Friday and Sunday it was just a steady flow. Yesterday, we actually started breaking down around 4 pm, although we also had a stand in the bicycle show as well.

I think the biggest gripe (apart from exhibitors costs) was that by the time you paid your entry fee of £25, car parking at £15 (assuming you took the car rather than DLR or Bike) and then paid £10 plus for dried up tasteless food and a soft drink, it would cost over £100 for a day out, and to me it was not a £25 entry fee show, £10 maybe, but not £25.

The show hall for the motorcycles was half the size of the bicycle show and the cycle show seemed to offer batter value for money with a far greater diversity of exhibitors.

Back to the motorcycle element though, we did quite well, will have to wait and see what they do regarding prices before we decide if we are going to be back there next year.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

it was better at Earls Court , I'm not a fan of the ExCel .
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Personally, I would have said it was nowhere near as busy as it was on Saturday last year. That's how it seemed to us, anyway.

I agree with you about the costs, though. 4x tickets, £15 parking, £40 of fuel to get to London from Bristol and back. Much more and I might as well have spent £858 on the Harley jacket I wanted instead of £100 on the one I bought at the show... (lol)

As I say, I think next year's is probably going to be a miss for me. It's a nice day, but it's not worth the money and if any more exhibitors drop out, it'll be even less so.

The girl doing the reception on the Victory stand - full clothed, I should point out - was amazing and very funny, though. :D