What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Kwacky »

Yep. I'm told that I might be able to get a prescription, which is a lot cheaper because I can get them online.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Estate management companies.

Once a year we get a statement of account and are told how much to pay.

In September we got a letter to say that they had generated more money than spent, so some people should be in credit.

This morning someone posted in the local facebook group that the management company has already released their demands for payment for the next year, payment due by 19th April. They're not sending out any letter or emails, so unless you decide to log in t your account, you won't know you've got a payment to make.

I log in to my account, only to find there's a demand for payment from September 23 for £70.86. No statement, no invoice, no email, no letter, no working out.

I've made a complaint and demanded a full statement of account.

Bunch of f**king cowboys. We only see them working on the estate when it's time for the annual payment.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Estate management companies are like the wild west. We got similar with a flat we used to rent out. There is a lot of them who have started a 2nd company who does the work for the estate management company, so they basically charge whatever they like for work that frankly doesnt happen very often. Its an utter rip off.

I'd want to see who does the work and if they get quotes / tenders - not sure they will.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

A proper estate management company should be run and owned by the residents.

Really it’s just another way for a private company to make money at the expense of residents for things that would generally have been managed by the local council in most cases.