What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Jack
Your Bike:

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Jack »

Kwacky wrote:You can't dictate to your insurance company how they run your claim
when I claimed against somebody the dispute went on for over 2yrs , it was handled by a solicitor , it was only when I told them that I was not negotiating a settlement , I was not assuming any liability for the accident and to get it into court asap that the other side relented and I got a full payout.
I feel that if I had made that statement at the outset that things would have been resolved somewhat quicker .
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

They'll listen to you, but the final decision is theirs. They've got delegated rights, it's in your contract with them.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

That's the annoying thing Rossgo, I know my insurance premium will rise and that's incredibly frustrating. 1, I did nothing wrong. 2, I didn't bother claiming for the damage done to my car because it would probably write the car off (half the market value). 3, The guy is an absolute cock-munching ass-bandit.

I'll call them at lunch today and see what's going on with it but I will be making it clear that I was 100% in the right, I will not accept even 1% liability and I am not claiming for damage done to my car.

I did take out legal protection (I always do since it was so helpful when I got reversed into on the bike) so could use that if need be - but it would class as a claim :(
Cav

Post by Cav »

Well great.

Just got off the phone with them and she said, "I can confirm that your no claims bonus of 3 years is now 1 year because there's a claim against you". "The most you can expect out of this is a 50/50 early settlement".

What a foxtrotting joke!!!

I made it clear that I am not accepting even 1% liability and that I'd rather it go to court. She then replied with, "well given his earlier driving, the fact you didn't see him in your mirror is your fault and you should have seen him to prevent the accident"..... "HE WAS IN ONCOMING TRAFFIC AND IN MY BLIND-FU*KING-SPOT!!!"

I'm fuming..
Cav

Post by Cav »

Oh an another thing, "Howcome you haven't made a claim if you have damage to your vehicle?"... "Because it would write off my car due to its value".

All of a sudden I'm the aggressor in all of this when a guy - in case I forgot to mention - drove into the side of me!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You may as well put a claim in if he is. Feck his insurance up as well.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

even if you did see him doesn't mean you could have avoided the accident and you are not responsible for the standard of his driving
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:They'll listen to you, but the final decision is theirs. They've got delegated rights, it's in your contract with them.
Cav wrote:...All of a sudden I'm the aggressor in all of this when a guy - in case I forgot to mention - drove into the side of me!

I'm afraid it won't help you're understandable annoyance Cav, but like Jack I have also attempted to take take on an insurance company & been undermined by my own insurer.
Mine was (IMO) cut & dried.: I was at the front of a line of stationary traffic on a single carriageway side road waiting to pull out onto a dual way when the car behind tried to squeeze between me & the curb to undertake me. I took photographs at the scene that clearly showed the vehicles locked together, the damage, the road etc etc etc... I was just given the run around over & over again by LV (her insurer) so after two years of being fobbed off I started a claim in the small claims court....
.... only for my insurer to then write to me to tell me that they had settled 50/50.!!!! (devil)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav - there's no way of beating insurance companies. Problem with claims is it goes on any vehicle you drive as well so if it happens in your car it also goes on your bike too, I flipping hate that. Not going to lie it's going to sting at renewal mine went up a couple hundred even though it was proven not my fault. It's a joke I rang up so many different insurers and ended up having arguments at all of them even when I knew it wasn't their fault it's just the way they work. Personally I would get your car repaired too mate at the end of the day the c&*t deserves everything he gets

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo, if you paid more for premiums while a claim was being sorted and you were found not at fault you're entitled to ask for that money back.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cheers Kwacky. No it wasn't on going it was at renewal time. They all said I was more at risk...i had no idea why as I said someone used me as a brake I didn't use someone else as a break so I had to go 3rd party fire and theft. Last year managed to get back to fully comp. Insurances are a joke. Something needs to happen to sort them out

Cav

Post by Cav »

Chances are I couldn't even get them to polish the car without writing it off... I paid £650 (actually my girlfriend paid for it) and its market value may be £1000. Realistically they'll go as high as £300 before writing it off because of legal costs etc.

Insurance is an absolute joke and I don't know how they can get away with it to be honest. I paid my premium for them to protect ME, not to settle for something that wasn't my fault.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Pulling my hair out with a fridge freezer that that freezes but doesn’t refrigerate - well not for more than an hour or two before it stops, problem is I can’t even find a reputable repair service for our make within 75 miles, the approved repair agents have a two star rating and plenty of horror stories about their so-called service, so that’s not happening.

I’m really disillusioned and will never buy another from this manufacturer.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Deegee wrote:Pulling my hair out with a fridge freezer that that freezes but doesn’t refrigerate - well not for more than an hour or two before it stops, problem is I can’t even find a reputable repair service for our make within 75 miles, the approved repair agents have a two star rating and plenty of horror stories about their so-called service, so that’s not happening.

I’m really disillusioned and will never buy another from this manufacturer.
Fwiw I had a Hotpoint that used to do that, I will never be buying a Hotpoint product again as every single one I have ever had (and they had too many chances) has been very disappointing & poorly conceived IMHO when I have investigated them to repair myself.
Fwiw my fridge freezing turned out to be caused by the condensation drain being blocked.: It is supposed to collect condensation from the rear panel at the bottom of the back where there was a pipe leading down to a "saucer" on the bottom of the compressor. The heat from the compressor presumably evaporates that moisture into the air that is outside of the fridge cool compartment. Anyway, because there was no filter or cover in the design anything that dropped to the back of the fridge rolled into that pipe, and in our case a stray pea had blocked it.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Wish it were as simple as a blocked drain StM, that was one of the first avenues I tried, as some reports say there is a moisture sensor in that drain that gets mouldy - not so sadly. After working on it yesterday I have a feeling it may be low on refrigerant and the low pressure switch is activating. I’m pretty versatile, but I’m not even going to try to recharge a fridge, iirc you have to be on the “list” to buy the liquid/gas anyway, it’s just finding someone capable that’s reliable, and that’s a needle in a haystack from my viewpoint at the moment.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Deegee wrote:....... I’m pretty versatile,.....
LOL, - I did feel I was "trying to teach my grandmother........" when I wrote that.
Nonetheless I'd rather look foolish for stating the obvious, than say nothing when it may have been pertinent & overlooked.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I bought a experience flight for my partner for her Birthday last month, it was arranged for today sunset time. But the buggers cancelled it yesterday due to noise complaints. Why do people buy houses next to airfield or infact any noisy environment just to complain. Makes my blood boil. Fu(kwits

Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

People Who don't service their bikes.

It almost seems like it's accepting it's fine not to service a bike.

I reckon 9 out of 10 bikes I ring up about which are alleged to be in mint condition and look so in the pictures have little to no servicing completed.

Typical example is a guy I messaged today.

7 year old bike which he had advertised as with service history. When questioned itt had one service 4 years ago and that's it.

Rang about a 3 year old RSV4 a few month back. Nothing done in 3 years apart from the 600 mile first service.

And these are the good bikes. What's wrong with people. Spend 18000 on a bike and never service it are they mental.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Traffic, travelling, airports, planes, other people who have no awareness of personal space and queuing.....
That is all.
Ha ha for now..

Oh yeah and the pilot telling us what the weather is like somewhere else in Spain.....I hope he has a map!
Cav

Post by Cav »

Only thing on my mind today is bills.... Why oh why can't they all work the same way?

The silliest billing system of all is the TV Licensing. WHY DO I NEED TO PAY FOR 12MONTHS WORTH OF TV LICENSE IN THE FIRST 6 MONTHS!!!!!! Absolutely ridiculous way of doing it.

I understand Virgin Media taking 2x payments out in the first month (although it's annoying). Why can't everything just work like this, or better still like car insurance?!