I'm in love with the Moto

Biking related photos and videos (keep it safe for work)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

I'm in love with the Moto

Post by duke63 »

Some very pertinent points made here.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyJ-bkfT2fU[/video]
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: I'm in love with the Moto

Post by Cav »

He's just a little bit arrogant.

I have started to dramatically decrease my road riding though, it is far from safe and since doing Trackdays I really do think I could do Track-only... if I could do them frequently enough that is.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Trackdays can be just as dangerous..let's be honest riding bikes is dangerous wherever you do it.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Cav wrote:He's just a little bit arrogant.

I have started to dramatically decrease my road riding though, it is far from safe and since doing Trackdays I really do think I could do Track-only... if I could do them frequently enough that is.
10 years ago when i was really into track days ,(2 a week in the summer),it really slowed me down on the road
I dont think I can ever give up road riding though I like riding to the cafe for a breakfast to much :)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I thought the same at first Cav, it took me a handful of videos to start liking him!! But the more you listen and watch you realise he's just telling you how it is, he's a bloody good rider and his vids are shot so beautifully he's a pleasure to watch on screen. Not surprised goes got a whole host of followers on YouTube. I'm one of them haha
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I love doing my little track day outings, and that won't change, I seem to improve a little bit every time time I go out, little by little. Great fun without a doubt.

But to be without the possibility of riding on a weekend, or a evening hoon on a school night, would be the worse, I could not be without it.

I really don't understand why people sorn bikes off the road in the so called winter months!
A dry sunny winters day ride is the best 8)

Well in fairness a summers day of warm sticky Tarmac is the best ha ha ha, but you know what I mean. I do agree that riding a bike does focus your mind, and your thoughts do tend to be bike and that's it, a kind of therapy if you will.

So long as I have the ability to get my leg over I will continue to do so (sun)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I do enjoy a nice winter day out on the bike, provided its not too cold.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Yeah maybe I need to give this guy some time.. I may warm to the arrogant pr!ck haha.

I do love a good winter blast but I can't warrant spending all that money on road tax for a few rides. You definitely learn a lot riding in winter!!

I agree duke. My mate (I'll call him Mr Mike) crashed on a trackday in Intermediate group. He was too fast for the group and came up on a group of people that should have been in Novice. Doing maybe 150mph braking into a 30mph turn someone changed track position giving Mr Mike no space. He got wiped out at around 100mph, the bike trapped his leg to the ground, the back of his leather on the legs wore through and his foot was only held on to his leg by skin and nerves pretty much.

With help from some friends he has repaired the bike and it is not ready for trackdays 2016