What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Cav »

I just brought my bike to you for a clean, I didn't give you permission to ride it ;)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Doesn't matter. If i steal it, your insurance covers me...at least i think that is still the case.

I'm sure Kwacky will confirm or tell me I am talking bollocks.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

He's got no insurance.

Even if he had it, the insurance will only cover claims made by others as a result of your actions. Any payments made will be recovered from you by the insurer.
Cav

Post by Cav »

The bike is now 100% fully ready. Cleaned, prepped and really to hit the rev limiter as I jump the Mountain on the sighting lap. Obviously (nod)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Getting it mapped ,stock run was 189 rwhp
The bmw ecu file takes 40 minutes to download so a few hours before I know what improvements over stock
Cav

Post by Cav »

Lol.. 189. What exhaust do you have? I'd expect 5 more peak horsepower and 10 more in the mid. Gonna be a weapon
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Cav wrote:Lol.. 189. What exhaust do you have? I'd expect 5 more peak horsepower and 10 more in the mid. Gonna be a weapon
Arrow
Ran out of time today so have to go back one evening but great bunch of people there all bsb racers
Cav

Post by Cav »

It's mad how powerful these bikes are.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Cav wrote:It's mad how powerful these bikes are.
They had an rsv factory there 217 bhp
Cav

Post by Cav »

I love those bikes.. I'd definitely run it at a safer 207 though haha
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Are they just looking at power maps or are they looking to make other changes? There's so much that can be done now the coding is direct onto the ECU and not just fuel maps changed on a piggy back controller (Power Commander)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Blade wrote:Are they just looking at power maps or are they looking to make other changes? There's so much that can be done now the coding is direct onto the ECU and not just fuel maps changed on a piggy back controller (Power Commander)
they can change everything the standard map controls
When a bike comes in with fuelling or ignition problems they told me the first thing they ask is has it got a power commander fitted ,then take it off and do a direct remap
I chose them through recommendation and because I didnt want a piggy back system,they set up my suspension while I waited for the ECU code and it feels good now not as harsh
They remap lots of speed nipples and said they are nice engines and feel great after a remap
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Was reading the PS mag article on the new S1000RR that Hickman's team were prepping for this years TT. The old bike is faster than the new bike.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Perkles will tell you a few horror stories about the new one.
Cav

Post by Cav »

duke63 wrote:Was reading the PS mag article on the new S1000RR that Hickman's team were prepping for this years TT. The old bike is faster than the new bike.
I haven't heard about that.

He was saying in one interview that the new S1000RR road bike is very close to his old race bike in terms of time (closed circuit)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

A whole Gen 4 section on the BMW forums and they have all had multiple problems with terrible support from BMW ,wheels cracked, suspension leaking,oil coolers leaking ,calipers leaking ,paint peeling off frames the list goes on
Cav

Post by Cav »

I know someone with the MSport Edition and his has been in BMW more than it's been out. I reckon they've changed their Factor of Safety in a bid to save weight and cost.

We know they moved away from Brembo calipers for that reason.

He has the cracked carbon wheel. He didn't have the problem that BMW reported though.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Perkles wrote:
Blade wrote:Are they just looking at power maps or are they looking to make other changes? There's so much that can be done now the coding is direct onto the ECU and not just fuel maps changed on a piggy back controller (Power Commander)
When a bike comes in with fuelling or ignition problems they told me the first thing they ask is has it got a power commander fitted ,then take it off and do a direct remap
I chose them through recommendation and because I didnt want a piggy back system,they set up my suspension while I waited for the ECU code and it feels good now not as harsh
They remap lots of speed nipples and said they are nice engines and feel great after a remap
Definitely remap is the way to go these days.

Is the bike limited in first 3 gears? I've heard of people having this coded out. I think there is alot they can change or modify.

I sent them an email enquiry for a remap and wanted to see a dyno of a previous speed triple to see what to expect. I've asked twice now but not heard anything back. If you don't mind give them a nudge for me please buddy if your in there (y)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

When did you send the email? Perkles said that they're snowed under with work.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Blade wrote:
Perkles wrote:
Definitely remap is the way to go these days.

Is the bike limited in first 3 gears? I've heard of people having this coded out. I think there is alot they can change or modify.

I sent them an email enquiry for a remap and wanted to see a dyno of a previous speed triple to see what to expect. I've asked twice now but not heard anything back. If you don't mind give them a nudge for me please buddy if your in there (y)
yes they are coding all the throttle restrictions out ,they told me the R1 has the worst throttle response of any bike
A remap is 380 quid he will tell you every bike is slightly different and he will only remap your bike with a new map written against your factory base map ,I doubt he will share customers bikes maps
Just do a search on youtube for dave woods racing speed nipple remap or ask on the Triumph forums