What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Kwacky »

Trying to decide how to spend my lottery win.

£2.50 can really change a man.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I feel like I've been absent on here.. had a lot going on.

Beside the usual work stuff and historic family stuff most of you know about, life has been intolerable for the past week.

Thankfully baby/bump is fine but we went into hospital with contraction type feelings at just 21 weeks thinking we were going to lose them. The same night I found out my Nan, who was already in hospital, had her care plan changed to palliative. She sadly passed away on Saturday night. I did get to spend a few hours with her and have some beautiful memories.

In between all of this my Wife and I suffered another emotional rollercoaster. It turns out one of the most trustworthy and kind person in our family confessed to crimes unimaginable. I can't say anymore than that for legal reasons.

It's fair to say this week has been the hardest week of my life. If you guys wanna help, just keep sharing inappropriate and hilarious jokes in the joke of the day thread 👍
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Sorry to hear this Cav - life is certainly a rollercoaster, your right there.

I would hope things can only get better and the main positive is that bump is ok. Does your post suggest twins? Thats awesome news if it is.

Always look at the positives. Whatever your family member has done, they will need to live with that, not you.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Sorry to hear that mate. If you ever want a coffee (and an excuse for us to get out on our bikes to meet you) just shout.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Very sorry to hear this Cav, hope this helps a bit.

Balls.png
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

At Darwin on my way to work.

It’s been a hell of a break at home. Total break down in relationship between my son and his mum. Won’t even answer her messages. He’s now full time with us, including while I’m away. With him having ASD and also recently being diagnosed with ADHD and undergoing a drug trial, it’s been a real challenge. Haven’t had time to scratch my arse or browse Tankslap. There were lots of roadblocks for him staying at mine while I’m at work, but we have identified as many issues as we could, built strategies and supports around them all, developed a lot more self sufficiency in him (he’s been finally motivated to work with me on that) and really hoping I don’t need to make an early dash home again.

He gets on really well with Jess, and has lots more trust and belief in her than his own mum. She’s put lots of time into understanding him and even over the years has had different perspectives on issues that have actually helped more than my methods. She also has ADHD and is on the same meds as him, so he has a kindred spirit there too.

So just taking an arvo up here to relax before getting into work and finally getting a moment to breathe

IMG_5034.jpeg
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Aww f**k Cav, sorry to hear all that mate ;( that’s a rough ride. All I can say is remember it always swings. The tough times don’t last forever and you have a beautiful family that’s about to get bigger and some time in the future you’ll be loving every moment of it.

You always know where to find me if you need a vent mate
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 06:11 At Darwin on my way to work.

It’s been a hell of a break at home. Total break down in relationship between my son and his mum. Won’t even answer her messages. He’s now full time with us, including while I’m away. With him having ASD and also recently being diagnosed with ADHD and undergoing a drug trial, it’s been a real challenge. Haven’t had time to scratch my arse or browse Tankslap. There were lots of roadblocks for him staying at mine while I’m at work, but we have identified as many issues as we could, built strategies and supports around them all, developed a lot more self sufficiency in him (he’s been finally motivated to work with me on that) and really hoping I don’t need to make an early dash home again.

He gets on really well with Jess, and has lots more trust and belief in her than his own mum. She’s put lots of time into understanding him and even over the years has had different perspectives on issues that have actually helped more than my methods. She also has ADHD and is on the same meds as him, so he has a kindred spirit there too.

So just taking an arvo up here to relax before getting into work and finally getting a moment to breathe

IMG_5034.jpeg
I thought you’d been quiet. It sounds like the right thing for him. I assume his mum is ok with him now full time with you? Hopefully they can slowly rebuild their relationship but I guess that’s going to get time.

I bet you do need a break!
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

C00kiemonster wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 07:30

I thought you’d been quiet. It sounds like the right thing for him. I assume his mum is ok with him now full time with you? Hopefully they can slowly rebuild their relationship but I guess that’s going to get time.

I bet you do need a break!
Unfortunately she is being very unreasonable, holding no responsibility for what happened (faults on both sides), has gone mental about the fact she has had child support cut with him not being there (I’ve been paying well over and above since our separation and still am just for my daughter) has blocked any access too his grandparents (her parents) and won’t communicate with me at all. Expects him just to reach out and apologise but won’t do so herself.

I’ve done my best but I can’t keep defending her behaviour to him.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Really sorry for your situation mate. How is Jorja through all of this? (please forgive me if I spell her name incorrectly)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That's got to be very difficult for all concerned. The poor lad needs some stability, it's good job you've got a gem of a wife. Hopefully a regular routine, feeling loved and secure and time with Jess will help him settle.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cav wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 08:37 Really sorry for your situation mate. How is Jorja through all of this? (please forgive me if I spell her name incorrectly)
She was pretty upset at the drama at his mums, and there was a few instances last year as well, so she’s well over it and very sensitive to any conflict at all.

I’m hoping it’s helpful for her to have a break from him back at her mums. Their relationship is pretty strained over this as well

And yup, spelt right!
Monty

Post by Monty »

kiwikrasher wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 06:11 At Darwin on my way to work.

IMG_5034.jpeg
Tricky times mate. I feel like I spend far too much time justifying my autistic kid's behaviour to certain family members, they just don't get it. Especially the older ones.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Well the universe must have decided I needed a break (lol)

Was suppose to fly out to work yesterday but helicopter broke down and they had to wait for a part. So the whole crew was put up in a great hotel in Dili and had a relaxing 24 hrs, few evening drinks at a expat bar, a good sleep in and breakfast, now waiting for transport back to the airport. Should land offshore just in time for dinner (y)

First real overnighter I’ve had in Timor in the whole 11+ yrs I’ve worked offshore. Did one during Covid but we were locked up in a shitty hotel for the night and wisked out early.

Edit: at work now. Typed this up but then the transport to the airport turned up and never pressed post (lol)
IMG_5055.jpeg
IMG_5069.jpeg
IMG_5065.jpeg
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Oh you poor man. My heart bleeds for you. :D
Cav

Post by Cav »

Getting UHP tyres fitted to the cage. They also found to annoying cause of the rattling at the front end and a screw deeply penetrative the shoulder of the tyre.

Don't you just love spending money to keep tools going 😅
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Drove up to North Wales yesterday evening in preparation for a little stroll today.

Despite being a touch chilly it was an unusually bright and sunny day. 13 and a bit miles, with a small bump in the way that's also known as Snowdon. The Watkins path is one of the tougher climbs, but comes with the added benefit of less people so I really enjoyed.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Monty

Post by Monty »

Was it busy at the top?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Monty wrote:Was it busy at the top?
Wasn't too bad, but I was there early intentionally.

The descent was tough due to the people going up so it was only going to get busier. I couldn't be arsed to queue to touch the summit, I'll do that next month as it will be about 4am and I doubt there will be many others there

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Yesterday...but we had an internet outage so posting today

ANZAC day (25/04/24) and having quite a few ex-servicemen offshore, we always have a dawn remembrance service out here on the helideck at sunrise. I really should have thought to bring a NZ flag out, as the Aussie's are good at forgetting that ANZAC includes NZ as well :^

This is my 4th in a row, and hopefully my last.

989ee7e1-6179-496d-bb45-92e1653eba6c.jpeg
f8b967b3-f4fe-4fc3-aabf-595e619a4a58.jpeg