What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Blade »

D6Nutz wrote:
Blade wrote:You pick whatever you like Jon but that's a very strange comment from the dealer. I've got a 200bhp vtwin which punches harder than almost everything on the road but I wouldn't call the 1250RS dull at all. I'm really surprised at that comment tbh. The engine is silky smooth for any engine format never mind a boxer twin but still punches hard and the chassis is great on the road. Very underrated bike imo. Proper wolf in sheeps clothing and I would have thought the dealer would be aware of that tbh.

Saying that if you can play on a RR for a week I would snap their hand off :P
I'm in s similar mind set to Duke at the moment it would seem. I've done 10 years plus on big v-twins and I now feel like I've done it. If it wasn't for the commute i doubt I would have got another liter bike.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Confused now. I only said the 1250RS was often underrated because you said it was dull and you wanted a s1000rr :?
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

1250RS "Achilles"....... (allhail) (h)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:
Blade wrote:You pick whatever you like Jon but that's a very strange comment from the dealer. I've got a 200bhp vtwin which punches harder than almost everything on the road but I wouldn't call the 1250RS dull at all. I'm really surprised at that comment tbh. The engine is silky smooth for any engine format never mind a boxer twin but still punches hard and the chassis is great on the road. Very underrated bike imo. Proper wolf in sheeps clothing and I would have thought the dealer would be aware of that tbh.

Saying that if you can play on a RR for a week I would snap their hand off :P
I'm in s similar mind set to Duke at the moment it would seem. I've done 10 years plus on big v-twins and I now feel like I've done it. If it wasn't for the commute i doubt I would have got another liter bike.

Confused now. I only said the 1250RS was often underrated because you said it was dull and you wanted a s1000rr :?
Honestly I'd rather have a 765, but BMW probably won't have one.

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

It's been an eye opener for me. I didn't think I would find a bike that was so much pure fun.

I think my biking had got a bit too serious but the 765 has re ignited that desire just to go out and ride for the hell of it.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Your not regretting getting the Beemer are you? (facepalm)
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:Your not regretting getting the Beemer are you? (facepalm)
No, it was bought more with practicality in mind rather than a play toy. I'm clocking 400 miles a week in average, in all weathers. It's also now my primary mode of transport, or at least it will be when I get it back.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Blimey.. I couldn't do 400 miles a week on a bike in all weathers. Couldn't or wouldn't.. probably the latter
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Cav wrote:Blimey.. I couldn't do 400 miles a week on a bike in all weathers. Couldn't or wouldn't.. probably the latter
Kwacky wrote:I'm only using my bikes for work at the moment. I don't get much inclination to just go out for pootle. I can't remember the last time I went out for a ride on my own for the sake of it. I've barely touched the MV.

Riding everyday to work takes a lot of the fun out of it.
I know a lad who loved motorbikes, and at 17 only bothered to get himself a bike licence.
At 32 he took his test & got a car licence ( actually I enabled it for him, not that that has any relevance).
He has never been on a bike since, almost 10 years now.!
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

So it's not looking good for the XR at the moment. The diagnosis and advice from the factory has turned up nothing at all, if anything I think BMW are a little embarrassed that they can't diagnose the issue, all it says it's a voltage drop somewhere.

They are now having to go through the loom section by section testing all the wiring by hand as the computer can't even isolate where the fault could be on the bike.

Loan bikes are crap too. They only have 3 and they're being changed at the moment. One totally unsuitable for the commute, so the choice was the 1250R or a 750GS. The 1250 is almost the same width as the 5 series and I wouldn't feel happy filtering on it so I've had to go with the GS. To add to the crap, I'll pick it up on Monday and it's brand new so I'll be stuck running it in.

Getting very pissed off with the whole thing now.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Maybe dont look a gift horse in the mouth.

Obviously I havent got all the facts but from what I can see BMW are being more than reasonable with you, which is very good they are.

If there is a loose connection or break in the loom that only became apparent after you had a significant impact, if BMW wanted to be awkward I would imagine they could quite easily put the blame at your door and claim zero responsibility for the failure.

You would then be left high and dry at worst, or with a lot of phone calls and arguing at best.

Maybe not ideal but I personally think BMW are being very good to you.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

it's a bit shit but they've given you a top of the range car and then when you've asked for a bike they've given you a few options. The GS might be new but it's not your bike so running in is your choice.

Like Blade says, if they wanted to be arsey they could blame you for hitting the pothole and knackering the suspension. It would then be up to you to prove that the suspension failed before the incident and the issue meant you couldn't avoid the hole.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Dont BMW electronically limit the revs until the first service?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I didn't think that the GS750 was that advanced.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

KTM would say something like "It's not the bike's fault that you hit a pothole, and the warranty doesn't cover rider error"

You are being looked after unusually well here, I was chatting to my local BMW dealer yesterday and warranty's came up so I mentioned your experience D6, the guy was not phased a bit, just said that BMW look after their customers better than any other brand that he has worked with by a long way.

A friends 2019 Superduke GT blew it's gearbox at 800 miles while on tour in Scotland, the dealer he bought it from were his first call and were not bothered. KTM assist got it to the closest dealer who ended up keeping it a while to swap the complete engine but then getting the bike home was his problem, also he had to hire a bike at his own expense to complete the tour and get home.

Back on topic, I have taken my Mum shopping for kitchen stuff and groceries.

I was booked in to ride the BMW R1250RS but rain stopped play. They do look wide but the handlebars are like a cat's whiskers, if they fit then the rest will follow as the heads are not that wide, when I rode the 1250R filtering was no problem.
Last edited by Stonesie on 28 Aug 2019, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm off to Derbyshire to see a man about a child on a crossing he didn't see
Blade

Post by Blade »

Enjoy that RS when you get our on it Stonesie (y)
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:I'm off to Derbyshire to see a man about a child on a crossing he didn't see
:S :x
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Yeah, I know your all right. I'm just a bit pissed off at having no bike... The cracking weekend weather and listening to bikes banging of the limiter for 3 days didn't help.

Blade

Post by Blade »

The 1250R is a great bike and if it doesn't need running in, why not take that?
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:The 1250R is a great bike and if it doesn't need running in, why not take that?
They're all new bikes, they're coming in over the weekend which is why they can't give me anything until Monday. I sat on the 1290 and wouldn't feel comfortable filtering with it.