Watching the Labour Party tear itself apart.

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Watching the Labour Party tear itself apart.

Post by duke63 »

Quite funny watching politicians not get their own way though from this country's point of view its not good to have any effective opposition.

They are going to live to regret in choosing the wrong Miliband.

That said the choice of current potential leaders is woeful.

Burnham would be ripped to shreds in any election campaign as his policies were instrumental in the mess that Stafford Hospital became...and then he blocked a public enquiry to save his political career. He would certainly get no votes in Stafford and its surrounding areas.

Cooper is married to Ed Balls which questions anyones judgement on anything. :D

I know little about Liz Kendall but she wins on looks. :D

Jeremy Corbyn would appear to be from another old age of Labour and an era where they never got elected and were roundly thrashed in every election.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: Watching the Labour Party tear itself apart.

Post by Perkles »

i hope Corbyn gets in ,it will be quite funny to watch if he does
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:........Jeremy Corbyn would appear to be from another old age of Labour and an era where they never got elected and were roundly thrashed in every election.
Worthy Politicians are (increasingly) rare animals. I suspect that during the era of this Face-ache generation they will bring about some pretty fundamental changes in how we are governed.
This will probably not be an improvement.

However, back yo your last point. John Cleeves, Jesus Christ, & now Jeremy Corbyn.
Perhaps JC will blitz the first round of Labours leadership election, boosted by a combination of Conservatives, disenfranchised "Old Labour" voters, Communists, Blair haters, & then everyone else eligible to vote who notice that the others are all busy "playing politics" whilst he simply outlines his views & intentions.
Then, he will lead a very split party, until he is stabbed in the back well before the next election.

However should he somehow manage to somehow unify Labour, and survive being undermined all the way to the next election, I wonder if he may not actually win.!

He will be offering a totally opposing agenda to that of the Tories, who will either have succeeded in heading us towards re-balancing the economy or will have failed. Either way the effects of their tactics will be felt very heavily by the next election.
So, if they have been more or less successful, people will be feeling more confident in the state of the economy, and hand power to JC as "it's time Labour had another chance, and our services need attention"
If they fail they will hand power to JC as "the Conservatives have ruined everything, and it's about time we had someone in power who has the interests of the people at heart.

Our saviour; JC.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Labour need a left wing leader to highlight just how far to the right the Tories have moved.

As said, true politicians are a rare breed.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Don't forget Jeremy Clarkson :)
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I'm not dissing Corbyn himself as i suspect he may well be the most 'honourable' of the 4 ( though that's not to say i agree with much of what he stands for) but he will never be elected to run this country.

Those with the real power would never allow it.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Well it won't come as a surprise to anyone that I'm voting for Corbyn in the leader election. Can't say I've been this exited about British politics since 97, just hope I won't be as disappointed as 98!
Help me Jeremy Corbyn.jpg
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Can you ever see him being elected to run this country though, Monty?

He is just saying many things that Miliband said but the electorate did not want.

Higher rates of tax will not mean higher income for the Treasury unless you tax the basic rate higher.

And we cannot think that borrowing more and more money will eventually lead to prosperity.
Monty

Post by Monty »

Yes I can, there's going to be a fundamental shift away from personality politics, it's already started. Labour have gained 410,000 members and supporters since the election and of the new supporters we're getting a 20% conversion to full members just by phoning them up!

It's going to be a movement like nothing we've seen before and a whole new politics in Westminster.

Plus I've got 25 quid on Corbyn winning at 20/1
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63

Post by duke63 »

It's one thing being elected leader of the Labour Party and another entirely being elected leader of the country.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

We need a shift away from party politics altogether to my mind. I could fix this country within 5 years IF those who have an vested interest in leaving things as they are, would let me.
Monty

Post by Monty »

duke63 wrote:It's one thing being elected leader of the Labour Party and another entirely being elected leader of the country.
Yes it is and it's going to be 5 years of hard graft. I can't wait to see Corbyn rip Cameron a new @rsehole in PMQs though
Monty™© MCMLXXII