Helmet fit - AGV Corsa

The news and your views about biking
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Helmet fit - AGV Corsa

Post by duke63 »

As some of you may know i bought an AGV Corsa helmet last year at the NEC.

AGV do this helmet in a Medium Small and a Medium large and i took ages deciding which to buy as the ML seemed a tad to large ( actually it fitted perfectly at the NEC but i always think a new helmet shouldn't be a perfect fit straight away as they should all take a little bedding in) and the MS seemed a little tight though i stood wearing it for 10 mins at the NEC stall and though it was very very snug it didn't pinch or cause a headache.

I have only been wearing it whilst riding the 748 as it is an out and out race helmet and the shell is the same as worn by Guy Martin and Rossi and have to admit i was close to putting it up for sale as it just seemed to snug.

But suddenly in the last two rides it seems to be a perfect fit and i know longer think about it whilst riding.

Just shows you should never give up too soon. IIRC the Shoei GT Air i bought seemed a bit snug too when i bought that but its perfect now.

I think to wear this particular helmet on the Multi would just not work as i have found that you need to have the chin bar quite high on your face. When in the sports crouch it gives a hug field of vision but sat upright the chinbar obscures some vision.

I have to say though the build quality is up there with the very best and its beautifully made.
2015-05-04 13.29.36.jpg
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Helmet fit - AGV Corsa

Post by Kwacky »

Anything that covers half of your face gets a (y) from me :D
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I like my agv. Evo 4 helmet,when I tried mine in the shop a bike paramedic told me 90% of people buy them to big so I went for the tight fit which now feels perfect
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I agree should be a slightly tight fit.

As long as the agv corsa fits me I will be looking at one next year as my shoei x spirit is due a replacement. What size is the agv corsa Duke I'm assuming ms and what size is your shoei gt air in compassion ?
duke63

Post by duke63 »

AGV is an MS and the GT Air a medium.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers Duke. I should be ms in agv also then. Will have to try one on.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Be aware it will feel tight, Blade.

And make sure you tilt the chinbar upwards, its not meant to be worn like most conventional helmets. Its a pure race helmet.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers Duke good tip. Won't be until next year as spent quite a bit recently and sill want to buy the axial pro boots. X spirit will be good till next year.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Perkles wrote:I like my agv. Evo 4 helmet,when I tried mine in the shop a bike paramedic told me 90% of people buy them to big so I went for the tight fit which now feels perfect
Good feedback Perks, I was going to replace my track helmet with the same as I had but it's no longer available in my size, but the Evo k4 is on sale atm and more importantly available in all sizes. It seems like a good lid. As I've never worn an AGV so going to have to wait till I get home to size up.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Definitely go for the snug approach. My NEXX was very snug at first then over time I just feel more and more at home with it. It's superb now in fact. I went lid shopping a few months back before summer and tried lots on and as I couldn't get along with them decided there's no need to change at the moment! Surpirsing how lids mould to your head!

Duke like your lid very much