Off roaders

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Off roaders

Post by Kwacky »

I know some people don't like motorbikes going off road and using public areas, but this could have killed the rider:-

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-new ... 26615.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

POLICE are appealing for information after a motorcyclist was left with serious injuries by a rope tied between two trees at neck height.

The 16-year-old, who suffered injuries to his neck and wind pipe, was immediately rushed to Addenbrooke's Hospital after riding into the rope on a woodland path in St Neots, Cambridgeshire.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: Off roaders

Post by Perkles »

feckin idiots ,they have been doing this at cannock chase to put off the mountain bikers,if they get caught they should get done for attempted murder
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Perkles wrote:feckin idiots ,they have been doing this at cannock chase to put off the mountain bikers,if they get caught they should get done for attempted murder
Really? I live on the edge of the chase (and ride the trails) I've not seen or heard anything before. Good to know and be aware of.

Its attempted murder, nothing else.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D6 wrote:
Perkles wrote:feckin idiots ,they have been doing this at cannock chase to put off the mountain bikers,if they get caught they should get done for attempted murder
Really? I live on the edge of the chase (and ride the trails) I've not seen or heard anything before. Good to know and be aware of.

Its attempted murder, nothing else.
yes its happened they were also putting logs across the tracks
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

There either mindless idiots or thugs but either way its attempted murder.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

These feckers should be strung up!
I have seen this before, the other fav is people blocking the path with fallen trees and stuff.... Some people are just sick in the head!!!!!
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

happens a lot in the places I used to mountain bike a lot, logs across tracks on blind bends and fishing wire. I think someone was killed round here a few years ago by a rope across the track but there is a lot of it over the years if you look through google and the results are generally serious injury or death. I think the penalties should reflect this if the offenders are caught.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I have seen logs on Cannock chase on a particular trail, but I actually think it is a warning. The trail goes very steep down to a brook, but the brook is in a cutting with about a 6foot drop each side. Not ridable, and would cause harm if you bombed down not knowing about it.