Road-going Honda RCV unveiled

The news and your views about biking
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: Road-going Honda RCV unveiled

Post by Perkles »

Kwacky wrote:Maybe the 159bhp road version has softer suspension and less power so you can use it as a sports tourer?
lol :D
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Perkles wrote:it says the the kwack was either loosing traction on the dyno rollers or the fuelling was out at the top end ,either way its still above the magic 200 bhp mark and nowhere near the hondas price.I dont want a H2R so not defending it.
I still think the Honda misses the point and is terrible value for money.No doubt it will sell to people with more money than snese
Granted it does suggest some possible reasons for being down on power but when they quote 327 bhp I feel it's missing the mark. Its easy to quote big power figures and then make excuses why they arent achieved, its something different to back the claims up. Don't get me wrong though not slagging it off or arguing just trying to give some balance to the discussion as imo peoples expectations and Hondas aims seem widely different.

I don't think it misses the point imo.

People want to compare it to a regular sportsbikes or the lastest supercharged hyper bike neither of which are fair comparsions.

I also don't think its bad value if you have that kind of coin. It will appreciate rather than depreciate so not bad value just becuased you can buy similar power for less money. Your not buying performance or power your buying exclusivity the same way you can buy an 800 bhp supercharged Nissan GTR which is never going to be a prototype F1 car replcia which is what this rcv effectively is.
Last edited by Blade on 15 Jun 2015, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:Maybe the 159bhp road version has softer suspension and less power so you can use it as a sports tourer?
Sounds good (y)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

One guy on the US H2/H2R forum has had his H2 on 3 dynos. One of them read 178bhp, 71% lower than the best reading he got.

Another issue that some of the dyno runs have had to put the bike into rain mode to get the power down to stop the slipping Perkles mentioned.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Blade wrote:
Perkles wrote:it says the the kwack was either loosing traction on the dyno rollers or the fuelling was out at the top end ,either way its still above the magic 200 bhp mark and nowhere near the hondas price.I dont want a H2R so not defending it.
I still think the Honda misses the point and is terrible value for money.No doubt it will sell to people with more money than snese
Granted it does suggest some possible reasons for being down on power but when they quote 327 bhp I feel it's missing the mark. Its easy to quote big power figures and then make excuses why they arent achieved, its something different to back the claims up. Don't get me wrong though not slagging it off or arguing just trying to give some balance to the discussion as imo peoples expectations and Hondas aims seem widely different.
I agree it should do what it says on the tin ,its still a fire breathing monster though
You could buy a fireblade and with a few tweaks get more power than the rcv ,that cant be right for the money and spec
Blade

Post by Blade »

As I say excuses. If Kawasaki can measure 327 bhp why can't anybody else ?????
Blade

Post by Blade »

Perkles wrote:
Blade wrote:
I agree it should do what it says on the tin ,its still a fire breathing monster though
You could buy a fireblade and with a few tweaks get more power than the rcv ,that cant be right for the money and spec
Perkles I can see your point and not arguing but Honda didn't ever intend to build the most powerful or fastest bikr and fail in doing so. They set out to build an exotic and special gp rep which shares many components and engineering with the factory racer.

As I say I think people keep missing the point of what it is and comparing apples with potatoes.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

but its a special and a special should be special,159bhp aint special nor is the way its sounds ,i dont care if its made from some obscure metal from mars ,it simply doenst deliver in the bhp or sound stakes.
I want a bike to excite me and be a bit lairy ,the RCV just doenst do that imho :)
Blade

Post by Blade »

There is no doubt it is special it just doesn't have the bhp in road going trim some people expect but that doesn't make it any less special.

It's a genuine prototype GP replica motorcycle from the most successful motorcycle racing company in the world and if that ain't special I don't know what is.

If I want bhp I will by a 15 year old busa for £3000 and stick a big bore and turbo kit on it and blast past every h2 on the planet.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I though you wanted a road going MotoGP bike? It's heavier than the Hondas we see on track and 100 bhp down.

I suppose £1,000 per 1 BHP is special.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Stressed Eric was ace.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:I though you wanted a road going MotoGP bike? It's heavier than the Hondas we see on track and 100 bhp down.

I suppose £1,000 per 1 BHP is special.
I wanted the rcv road bike but obviously it's too expensive.

It makes over 215 bhp and weighs 160kg so by your reckoning if its 100 bhp down there are Hondas on track with over 315 bhp :?

Re read the posts its full of people posting inaccurate info about the rcv and h2 bikes. I'm not arguing I'm replying and correcting the inaccurate quotes on specification.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

215bhp isn't the road version, is it?

159bhp is the road version.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Ok which road bike has over 259 bhp ?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You've lost me.

I'm dipping out of this thread.

I don't like the bike, I think it's over priced, underpowered, bland to look at and from what I've heard it sounds poor. I think as special bikes go it's a let down. If that's Hondas version of a road going MotoGP bike then I think they've got it wrong.

Kwacky signing out.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Being a replica it obviously has to replicate the bike it is a replica off.

Using 80% of the race bikes parts, looking identical and producing over 215 bhp its a very good replica imo.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Apparently Honda bosses have said if there is enough demand they may produce a cheaper, lower spec v4 road bike to sit between the RCV-213s and Fireblade. Here's hoping (y)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPSKkSUNcAk[/video]

Looks better with Marquez on it. :D
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

it looks nice in that video tbh