What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by D6Nutz »

Suffering... Had a pain in my shoulder for about a week and I finally went to see the doc. Muscle spasms and a trapped nerve, got a big box of industrial strength ibuprofen and some appointments with the physio.

Then just to really cheer my up the car broke down with engine management lights and limp home mode on. That's gone to the garage to be looked at.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Tuesday - Went over to Valley to assist the lads over there with some work. Due to be there until Friday. Get down there, get in my room, unpack everything, set up the PS4 because I've pinched it from home, get to work and meet the guy I'm working for.
When he finds out I've got kids and it's half term, he says doesn't want to see me after Wednesday.

So today I've been doing the work, in between packing my room back up and then driving back.

Tell you what, I didn't realise how good the A5 is for twistiness when you get into Wales. I've always thought of it as a straight boring way to get to Milton Keynes. Get over the border and all the way to Angelsey and it's a different story.

I managed to set off the warning lights on the telemetry system fitted to the car (to make sure you don't drive like a prick in the fleet cars)!

I'm expecting an irate phone call tomorrow!
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Went down to the local supermarket for some groceries yesterday. Getting the trolley and there was an old bloke with a walking stick and really struggling so I pulled him out a trolley from the pile and gave him some room to get going. I spotted no less that 4 people walk straight past him struggling before I got there.

He told me to head off first as he'd be slow. So a few pleasantries and off I go. Got all my groceries in the car and headed back down (carpark is on the roof via escalators) to grab lunch. After which I was making my way back to the car and saw the same old bloke struggling to get a full trolley onto the escalator. Two young guys pushed past without any offer of help. So as I got to him I pulled the walking stick from his trolley and told him to get himself up the escalator and I'll sort the trolley. We found his car and told him to relax (due to his restricted mobility he was puffing a fair bit) and I unloaded the groceries for him.

Chatting to him I found out he was a retired school teacher as was his wife, and he'd taught at country schools up the hill near me but not my kids school though he knew it well. I asked if he had anyone to help him out normally (turns out his knees are both stuffed) and he told me his wife was suffering from a long term illness and his kids lived out of state, so it's him that does all the domestics. He also told me he'd been getting groceries there for the last 2 years by himself and today was the first time anyone had offered help.

That made me pretty disappointed with my community. It took me 5 mins extra out of my day, I met a great bloke and we both felt more positive about our day from it. Why is it that hard for people to be kind these days??
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote:Went down to the local supermarket for some groceries yesterday. Getting the trolley and there was an old bloke with a walking stick and really struggling so I pulled him out a trolley from the pile and gave him some room to get going. I spotted no less that 4 people walk straight past him struggling before I got there.

He told me to head off first as he'd be slow. So a few pleasantries and off I go. Got all my groceries in the car and headed back down (carpark is on the roof via escalators) to grab lunch. After which I was making my way back to the car and saw the same old bloke struggling to get a full trolley onto the escalator. Two young guys pushed past without any offer of help. So as I got to him I pulled the walking stick from his trolley and told him to get himself up the escalator and I'll sort the trolley. We found his car and told him to relax (due to his restricted mobility he was puffing a fair bit) and I unloaded the groceries for him.

Chatting to him I found out he was a retired school teacher as was his wife, and he'd taught at country schools up the hill near me but not my kids school though he knew it well. I asked if he had anyone to help him out normally (turns out his knees are both stuffed) and he told me his wife was suffering from a long term illness and his kids lived out of state, so it's him that does all the domestics. He also told me he'd been getting groceries there for the last 2 years by himself and today was the first time anyone had offered help.

That made me pretty disappointed with my community. It took me 5 mins extra out of my day, I met a great bloke and we both felt more positive about our day from it. Why is it that hard for people to be kind these days??
Good for you i say. The irony of everyone walking past is that if they bothered to stop and help they would get a lot of self esteem out of it too and help an old guy out.

It's the same in the UK sadly - so many people don't notice anyone else.

(clap)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Good on you, Kiwi! I like doing things like that - helping the community.
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

I'm in sunny Birmingham this morning, doing a survey for an office fit out.
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Well done Kiwi.

Unfortunately I see similar behaviours here and it's not just limited to the young. Too many people have no respect for the elderly which disgusts me.

Glad to here you made a difference.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Well done Kiwi, it's the small things that make a massive difference.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Attending pain clinic in hospital to be told by some condensing twat life's great in constant chronic pain
As you can see I'm looking forward to it :)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

But you don't have to go to and work and it's summer, why are you complaining?
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I can't get outside and believe it or not I miss work
And.my motorbike and my pushbikes and everything fecking else
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I know mate, I was being flippant. .I was making the the sort of comment you get from doctors when you try and ask for help.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I know you was :)
Anyhow had a good appointment moaned at lack of fixing the root problem
The pain doctor is going to chase every thing up for me
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

When do you get your test results back?
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Kinda fancy an MTB ride today...but it's looking a lot like rain.

I'll give it a while and see.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Today I'm feeling very grateful to random people who do good deeds.

I ran from the office to Waterloo, at some point over Waterloo bridge my backpack came open and my phone (with cards etc) bounced out. I didn't notice until in Waterloo station trying to but a drink.

On the bridge one of the taxi cyclists had picked up my phone and was stood waiting at the start of the bridge for me to come back.

Top bloke.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Kwacky wrote:When do you get your test results back?
Pain doctor chasing them for me this week
The NHS is honestly on its knees
The staff at the qe are all fed up stressed and over worked etc etc
Not a great time to be ill
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Perkles really sorry to hear this mate. I hope it gets better for you and they sort their act out quickly

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Me and Mrs Kwacky decided that the best thing to do to replace boxercise was go to the pub.

So we've been to the pub

Bumped into Beermonster.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Waiting to see my daughter I've been in hospital ten days and she's been in Somerset with her grandparents
I can't wait to see her and give her a big hug
Hopefully sit in the garden and watch her play :)