What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by D41 »

Youch! Yep...I don't envy you that task at all.
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

That sound grim :(
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

How did the interview go ?
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

I knew a lad at school that was injured in an tractor accident - his Dad was driving, neither of them ever really got over it properly.

I don't envy you that interview Kwacky.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It wasn't too bad, all things considered. He's got a good working relationship with his son which helps. I made it clear we're not here to slow the process down, which he took on board. I showed him our efforts to talk to his son's solicitors which they've ignored. I think he feels a lot better knowing we're doing what we can to put this into the past.
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

Got the keys to my new office today !!!
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D41

Post by D41 »

Doing some legal stuff a bit later regarding my Dad's estate....proof that death, much like life, is a business.

AND.....maybe, just maybe, buying another guitar. I've been umming & arring over a Les Paul I saw a fortnight ago and keep coming back to it. I guess it's one of those things whete the right guitar finds you....and not the other way around.
D41

Post by D41 »

Nowt.....a couple of mates went to visit the USS Iowa.....I was going to go too, but seeing as all I ever get from one of them is "Navy, Navy, Navy!!!" when he's OFF a ship...I can't even begin to imagine what he'll be like actually ON one. It'd be The Gateway To Hell, I imagine.

MTB ride instead.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Off out to a mate's birthday party. This will be very messy.
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

Quiet day today. Mrs and boy have been out since 9:30 at a child relatives birthday bash. I'm a grumpy sod and don't go to those family things if there are kids involved, especially in confined spaces. I've done all the laundry, changed all bedding, 5 mile walk with the dog and done the housework.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Been a busy day today.

Started at 7:20am with at 14 mile run, then got home through the shower picked my boy up and went straight out to the park. We have been at the park all afternoon and I've only just sat down. My average step count according to the watch is about 8000 steps, today I'm currently at 32,500 and feeling a tad tired !!!

Now: wine, prosecco, and pizza (pizza)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Nutz that is an incredibly busy day mate!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Today went around a few shops with my missus to pick up some new clothes. Then went to a car dealership (arranged a test drive yesterday). After 3 hours of umming and awwing she decided she wanted it! So she will be picking up quiet a nice little hot hatch in the next couple of weeks. It's got to be registered before April to miss out on all this new tax crap. Must admit I want a drive when she's ran it in a bit haha!!
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6Nutz wrote:Been a busy day today.

Started at 7:20am with at 14 mile run, then got home through the shower picked my boy up and went straight out to the park. We have been at the park all afternoon and I've only just sat down. My average step count according to the watch is about 8000 steps, today I'm currently at 32,500 and feeling a tad tired !!!

Now: wine, prosecco, and pizza (pizza)
Cripes! way to make me feel like a fat lazy sod! :D
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

kiwikrasher wrote:Trying to wangle myself a deal (devil)

Once a year to bump our roster along (so you don't continual cop christmas or other holidays out here) I do 2 stints of 2 weeks with only a 2 week break between. Well next swing I'm changing roles and I'll be in a Field position rather than an actually Plant Tech role, so essentially extra, so when I turn up or don't won't have as much of an impact as it does in a Plant Tech role. So I've asked if I can join the 2/2's together and do 4 weeks straight. The advantage of that is I would gain a couple of travel days back as days off only doing the one trip and I would get 7 WEEKS OFF AFTERWARDS!

Ops Super has agreed in principle but wants me to put a submission together that outlines the companies gain from doing it. Got that sorted. Just waiting to see if the ex will agree to it then I can put it in. 4 weeks is going to hurt out here but 7 weeks off is going to be orgasmic! (rock)
So I had to run it by the ex as it changed our custody agreement, who had to run it by her parents as they do after school care when I'm out here, luckily they all agreed! Then ran it by the kids who grumbled at the 4 weeks but were stoked to hear it meant 7 weeks straight with me including 2 weeks of school holidays. Also means I'll be back for Byrons birthday and getting back on Jess' birthday. (I was missing ALL the birthdays this year)

So put the proposal to the Ops Super and he just approved it (y)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Happy days mate
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Nice one Paul, well chuffed for you.

Sarah went on a bike ride today and my mate came round with his two kids. So 6 kid house day, wasn't as bad as it sounds and actually managed to watch the F1
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Monty wrote: Sarah went on a bike ride today and my mate came round with his two kids. So 6 kid house day, wasn't as bad as it sounds and actually managed to watch the F1
You just shut them all outside didn't you (lol)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Dismantling flat pack furniture and a stairlift at my Mums, also spent 4hrs in my brothers company without wanting to brain him, perhaps I'm just getting old.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

kiwikrasher wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:Trying to wangle myself a deal (devil)

Once a year to bump our roster along (so you don't continual cop christmas or other holidays out here) I do 2 stints of 2 weeks with only a 2 week break between. Well next swing I'm changing roles and I'll be in a Field position rather than an actually Plant Tech role, so essentially extra, so when I turn up or don't won't have as much of an impact as it does in a Plant Tech role. So I've asked if I can join the 2/2's together and do 4 weeks straight. The advantage of that is I would gain a couple of travel days back as days off only doing the one trip and I would get 7 WEEKS OFF AFTERWARDS!

Ops Super has agreed in principle but wants me to put a submission together that outlines the companies gain from doing it. Got that sorted. Just waiting to see if the ex will agree to it then I can put it in. 4 weeks is going to hurt out here but 7 weeks off is going to be orgasmic! (rock)
So I had to run it by the ex as it changed our custody agreement, who had to run it by her parents as they do after school care when I'm out here, luckily they all agreed! Then ran it by the kids who grumbled at the 4 weeks but were stoked to hear it meant 7 weeks straight with me including 2 weeks of school holidays. Also means I'll be back for Byrons birthday and getting back on Jess' birthday. (I was missing ALL the birthdays this year)

So put the proposal to the Ops Super and he just approved it (y)