First Home

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: First Home

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:
StMarks wrote:
duke63 wrote:Hope it all works out for you, cav.

Be prepared however for the most shambolic system of legal bullshit, excuses and laziness by so called professionals that will be part of the buying system. :D
(nod) Perfectly put Duke.

Fwiw I will be doing my own conveyancing next time. I've been told it's straightforward, and the only real problem you encounter is the protectionism from the other party's solicitors,
I forgot arsehole buyers who thinks it clever to threaten to pull out of the deal just as contracts are about to be exchanged, unless they are given more money or concessions in the deal.

A friend has just helped sell his deceased father in laws house and also help his elderley parents move. He and the buyers ended up doing the searches in both cases as despite having two months to do them, the solicitors could not be arsed. It took them less than an afternoon to sort.

He also has documents showing his father as deceased (evne though he as alive and well), when it should have been the sellers father who was deceased. Unbelievable.
The clever last minute threats... ah - i remember them well.

I had a set do that to me on my house in Wolverhampton. I wasn't living there at the time, so it wasn't the end of the world as i didn't have a chain and just wanted to sell.

They came in person when i was there and said i needed to take £30k off the price as the market had 'changed'. This was 5 days before the sale was due to exchange and i was at the house having a tidy and moving the last of my stuff out. I hate bullies so it's a red rag to a bull to me.

I told them to go away and go and have sex with themselves (i may have used different words). I sold it at auction 2 months later for £5k more to the same people who wanted £30k off the value :D
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Re: First Home

Post by DaytonAndy »

I've had estate agents ask for final bids and then go round telling everyone what was bid and saying you'll definitely get it for 5k more. They then phoned round again for another round of bidding. I decided if they wanted to waste my time, I could waste theirs. :D