What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Kwacky »

Booking stuff, mostly train tickets, football tickets and hotels. Trying to get my diary sorted as things are pretty hectic over the next couple of months.

My son has got his grading in April, so I've booked us into a really nice hotel with a large room and two big beds. It's twice as much as I would normally pay for a room but I want him feeling relaxed and to enjoy the whole weekend. I've booked the Friday afternoon off from work so we can drive down to Bristol and take our time to get there, without me coming in from work at 6.30 and rushing out again down the M5.

I've also booked an away day at the footie with an old mate of mine I've not seen. Train booked so we can get a few beers down us as we catch up.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Is that your young fellas black belt grading?
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Yep. It's come round quick.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Good luck to him...I hope he beats the fcuk out of the other kid.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Good luck to him Kwacky and enjoy being with your son. Sure he will do brilliantly
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Thanks but it's not for a few weeks yet (y)

Darren, it's not a fight, it's his grading examination to see if he's worthy of a black belt. It takes about 3 hours. They do a range of stuff including verbal tests in Korean. It's very tough.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Kwacky I'm sure your lad will be well prepared and although a tough grading I'm confident he will pass.

Big achievement the Black Belt and you should be a very proud father and rightly so.

I m sure your boy will remember the time you two spent together and appreciate the time together in the nice hotel and the support your provided in years to come (y)

Nice one enjoy the father son weekend away pal (lol)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cheers matey.
D41

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:Thanks but it's not for a few weeks yet (y)

Darren, it's not a fight, it's his grading examination to see if he's worthy of a black belt. It takes about 3 hours. They do a range of stuff including verbal tests in Korean. It's very tough.
Whaaat??

Well.....make it a fight anyway...it'll surprise the hell out of everyone and earn him extra street cred.

I forget what olour my belt was...it's the one that denotes me getting my ass kicked by a 15 year-old girl (!!!!)

It wasn't too long after that when I retired from karate. About two minutes afterwards come to think of it.
Karate sucks.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:Kwacky I'm sure your lad will be well prepared and although a tough grading I'm confident he will pass.

Big achievement the Black Belt and you should be a very proud father and rightly so.

I m sure your boy will remember the time you two spent together and appreciate the time together in the nice hotel and the support your provided in years to come (y)

Nice one enjoy the father son weekend away pal (lol)
Nicely said Blade, totally agree. One on one time with your kids is so rare and precious. You lads will have a blast!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Work as usual then football tonight.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Jess and I took the kids rock climbing. It's one of the few physical activities my boy will entertain.

I set the kids a challenge (3 oldest ones) on a wall with 3 step out ledges. $2 if they got over the first, $4 if they got over the second and $10 if the make it over the third and touch the roof (10 m). All three conquered it after multiple attempts. I was pretty chuffed when Jorja my 7 year old nailed it, but Byron dug in and tried and tried for over 30 mins and finally did it. I've never seen him commit to something so well. He was pretty proud (as was I) when he got it and it was a good lesson for him on perseverance.

Once they were all knackered I had a go. Haven't climbed in over 15 yrs, and even then it wasn't a regular thing. Did a few easier runs to warm up and then after three attempts knocked over the 10m high over hang. First 2m is vertical then angled out twice till the last 2m which was completely upside down. Massive arm pump. Surprised myself as well as Jess and the kids.

Not bad for a 45 yr old has been.
IMG_4682.JPG
IMG_4685.JPG
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Love wall climbing but the nearest decent one is nearly 30 miles away, I might point out though, I'm nowhere near your standard Kiwi. (allhail)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Very, very impressive KK.
Like yourself, I haven't climbed for years now.
However unlike you, climbing was a passion of mine from an early age. It actually had an influence on my life course.: As a child I would climb anything, trees, then walls, then cliffs etc... I never had any tuition whatsoever, all fee climbing (except that I set up a two-rope bridge with my Dad in our garden).
It got so that when we went on holiday I would be off scaling the cliffs, whilst everyone else was sunbathing.
Then one day when I was about 14 I was competing at a Horse Show, and there was an Army recruitment stand with a climbing wall. I'd never even seen one before.
When no one was watching I nipped up it, piece of cake.! :)
They were f'kin furious.!!! :(
To be fair, I'd never even seen a safety harness, let alone worn one. (giggle) Although I think it was the shock of a skinny little urchin suddenly appearing over the precipice when he was having a quiet doze in the sun, that really angered the recruitment officer stationed at the top. :^

Having said that, I had a go at the climbing wall at one of the ski resorts not that long back (within 10 years, anyway) & I was pretty useless. So I personally am extremely impressed with your performance there. (rock)
D41

Post by D41 »

Today?? Feel like buying another guitar. Been eyeing one up but still can't decide either way.
I'm almost embarrassed to say the finish is the only thing I'm a bit iffy about.....frickin' prima-donna...../
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Driving the Alfa Quadroglio with 510bhp at Milbrook Proving Ground at silly speeds on the banked bowl circuit. What an awesome experience.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:Driving the Alfa Quadroglio with 510bhp at Milbrook Proving Ground at silly speeds on the banked bowl circuit. What an awesome experience.
I really want a test in one. Lovely looking car :)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Sounds amazing Duke, were you at the wheel or along for the (white knuckle) ride. ??

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Today went go karting. Managed to get 29sec laps in even with a lot of traffic. Had a fab time haven't done it since leaving karting track months ago!! Also had a catch up with my old boss there which was great
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

At the wheel with a race driver sat beside. Not often you would get encouraged to take £60k worth of car up to the top of the banking. Not sure the exact speed i got up to but was over 140mph. Didn't really fancy looking down at the dials with the armco right next to me. We were not allowed to take any photos all day and phone cameras were stickered over.

This gives you an idea of the place. Great experience.

[video]https://youtu.be/C5qWOwmypeA?t=3m30s[/video]