What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Cav »

Likewise, sorry to hear of your loss
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Sorry to hear that Dude. What's the plan, you coming back to Blighty for a bit?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

My sincere condolences D41.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Repairing storm damage - god it's windy!
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Monty wrote:Sorry to hear that Dude. What's the plan, you coming back to Blighty for a bit?
Thanks mate. Doubtful....any reason I had for coming back just went away.
Estate-type stuff will be handled by my cousin and my best friend.
Anyway...I'm nit even sure I could if I wanted to....my UK passport has expired, and I'm not even sure where my US one is.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The fire alarm at work failed so we had the joy of standing outside in the wintry winds for half an hour
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Changing out the wifi modem. Last one got fried during a storm.

Hook up took 5 mins, couple more minutes to change the network name to something understandable.

Then over the next hour and half had to re-connect

iMac
Iphone
3 iPads
2 iPod touches
2 Nintendo DS's
Wii U
Xbox
TV
Apple TV
Fitbit Aria scales
Envoy Solar system communicator

Makes you realise how connect our lives have become and how friggin spoilt my bloody kids are!!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I'm on my own today.

I might get loads of work done. I might not. Depends how busy the phones are.

After work I've got a 2 and a half our associates meeting. What fun. The "Dimensions Profile" section is the part I'm must looking forward to. I've no idea what it is but it sounds like it's going to be full of business buzzwords.
Monty

Post by Monty »

kiwikrasher wrote:Envoy Solar system communicator

Makes you realise how connect our lives have become and how friggin spoilt my bloody kids are!!
Relatives on Mars?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Monty wrote:

Relatives on Mars?
My solar power system had micro inverters on each panel rather than a string inverter. Much more efficient and each panel works as it own system so a panel failure doesn't take the whole thing down. Each micro inverter talks to the Envoy which uploads to the net and I can monitor the system via a web interface or app.

https://enphase.com/en-au/products-and-services/envoy
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I was enjoying 14 hours of relatively normal levels of stress but now I'm back at fever pitch levels.

We had until 430pm on the last day of February to exchange contracts on our house purchase. A dead line set by the builder after months of delays and arguing.

We exchanged at 4 nail biting 29 pm on the last day. 1 bloody minute to spare (whew)

At that point the builder was saying our new build was still on target to be ready on time.

Today at 2.11pm I get an email to say the property won't be ready on the agreed date and no mention of when it will.

As we have had 3 months of delays and problems my buyer stipulated in his contract if we are more than 2 weeks late he will pull out.

So after a very brief period of 14 hrs 11 minutes of normal levels of life hassles I'm told your house won't be ready on time and we can't say when it will be ready and I have the reality of knowing if delays extending beyond 2 weeks (already been 3 months) I ve wasted thousands of pounds and months of my time and sanity.

It's starting to beg the question will I actually be alive to buy it. If I was a betting man I would go 50/50 that I will actually have a heart attack before this completes.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:I was enjoying 14 hours of relatively normal levels of stress but now I'm back at fever pitch levels.

We had until 430pm on the last day of February to exchange contracts on our house purchase. A dead line set by the builder after months of delays and arguing.

We exchanged at 4 nail biting 29 pm on the last day. 1 bloody minute to spare (whew)

At that point the builder was saying our new build was still on target to be ready on time.

Today at 2.11pm I get an email to say the property won't be ready on the agreed date and no mention of when it will.

As we have had 3 months of delays and problems my buyer stipulated in his contract if we are more than 2 weeks late he will pull out.

So after a very brief period of 14 hrs 11 minutes of normal levels of life hassles I'm told your house won't be ready on time and we can't say when it will be ready and I have the reality of knowing if delays extending beyond 2 weeks (already been 3 months) I ve wasted thousands of pounds and months of my time and sanity.

It's starting to beg the question will I actually be alive to buy it. If I was a betting man I would go 50/50 that I will actually have a heart attack before this completes.
Blimey

I guess the only thing you can do is get your furniture into storage and stay in a hotel or B&B for a few weeks.

Your so committed now that i know it's more money but at least you wont waste much more and then you have a house?

Shitty news though - especially as you were running to the builders deadlines and now they are cocking about ;(
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers Cookie.

Thing is 2 weeks after the agreed move date which is when my buyer pulls out anyway there is another complication which is due to other commitments I only have 3 days in the next 6 weeks when I'm available to move so temp accommodation would be awkward.

Also the cheeky bastard builder also has £55000 of my money he is earning interest on (swear)
D41

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Monty wrote:

Relatives on Mars?
My solar power system had micro inverters on each panel rather than a string inverter. Much more efficient and each panel works as it own system so a panel failure doesn't take the whole thing down. Each micro inverter talks to the Envoy which uploads to the net and I can monitor the system via a web interface or app.

https://enphase.com/en-au/products-and-services/envoy
I must make a mental note of that. My best friend's house is all totally tricked out with that sort of thing....and I "think" his stuff has a string inverter....he'll be mortified if there's a better 'green' alternative to be had, the bloody hippy.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Yeah D41, the down side of the string inverters is that the output of all the panels is reduced to the value of the lowest producer, so if one is in shade your production is dramatic reduced. With the micros, each panel is its own system and even if one fails completely the rest still can operate at full production.

The other advantage is that the gov regs in NSW state that you can only have 5 kW coming "off your roof". Since my inversion is done on the roof I actually have a 6 kW system which produces a maximum 5.12 kW. So generally people with a string/central inverter are only getting 4 kW AC power from a maximum 5kW system.

Plus I like the whole monitoring system. I can check it Offshore and if there is an issue ring my solar tech and it's sorted (not that I've had to) rather that lose 3 weeks of harvest and find out when I get home.
Last edited by kiwikrasher on 02 Mar 2017, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Sounds like a nightmare Blade. I'm a bit lost with how it all works over there, so you are getting a new house built but you don't pay for it till it's finished??

Here you have to buy the land, then pay up front in stages before each stage will commence.

A. Deposit 5%
B. Base 10%
C. Frame 15%
D. Lock Up 35%
E. Fixing 25%
F. Completion 10%

All the while paying your current mortgage or rent. You find a lot of people building on a good size property will build a shed first and retro fit it as a granny flat and live in that while the main house is being built.

Hope you get there mate.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheer for the comments kiwi (y)

The way it works here you pay a reservation fee to reserve the plot, typically a £1000. You then move to Exchange of Contracts and pay 10% deposit at that point with the remaining full balance payable on completion.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:Cheer for the comments kiwi (y)

The way it works here you pay a reservation fee to reserve the plot, typically a £1000. You then move to Exchange of Contracts and pay 10% deposit at that point with the remaining full balance payable on completion.
That's a heck more reasonable than it is here! But obviously the logistics can still be a nightmare as it seems.
D41

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:Yeah D41, the down side of the string inverters.......
.....My eyes just glazed over. You're talking to someone who's been playing guitar for 35 years and can still only just barely figure out how to plug the fcuker in.

Sometimes I can "get" electrical stuff...the rest of the time it's a very arcane science to me.
My mate's house...you just walk in and say "Lights on" and there is light...."Play Sade -Love Deluxe album"...and off she goes with her band...it's pretty fecking cool, I guess.
Lazy sod.
Monty

Post by Monty »

Clearly a smooth operator
Monty™© MCMLXXII