What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Itchy »

No doubt mate, I intend to get out on the bike a lot more this year.

I say that every year, but this time I mean it.

Again!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

this year do it mate!! Season has started from now lol
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Gentle pootle out to Stow for breakfast

Then I gave it a quick wash when I got back.

I won't be using it until Wednesday so I put some of that XCP on in a few places. It'll have time to settle.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Took it for a gentle potter up to stow and back, after h cafe went for a blat on some favourite country lanes.

Nobody seems to have told the m7's that they shouldn't be gripping properly in the cold (bandit)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Daylight and dry roads.

Spring is on its way.

Until next week.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Took it for a tottle down a few nice windy roads and a coffee catch up with a mate then a proper thrash coming back.

Before we parted ways he said 'When I saw the Multi I thought you had finally calmed down a bit, but obviously I was mistaken!' :D the old girl moves pretty good in sport mode and no luggage (devil)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Went to fit the new grips (Rizoma Sportline).

Made a bit of a hash of it, getting the throttle cables on and off was more awkward than I was expecting.

They're on now but the downside is I can't fit the bar-ends without causing the throttle to lock up as well.

I guess I'll have to nip into town and grab a couple of washers.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Ordered some of these for it
KAWASAKI-ZX-6R-2009-2016-Swingarm-Covers-2.jpg
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

They'll look very smart once they're on.

I put some clear vinyl over mine where the heel rubs, just to protect them.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

I put some gaffer tape on as a temporary measure, but it pulled the paint off when I removed it!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

Went to a meeting in Basingstoke on it this morning .
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Got dressed, convinced the boy to come with me to B&Q to get some washers, made him get dressed, took measurements to see which size I needed, got in the car, got out of the car to put the boy's cat seat in the front at his request, then I was just about to turn the car on when I had a brainwave...

When I first got the bar-end mirrors they came with washers that I didn't need to fit. All I needed to do was find the box that they came in, which I was keeping the old bar-ends in for some reason.

Anyway, job done, grips fitted, bar-ends and mirrors fitted, the mirrors may need fine-tuning but I won't really know until I get out on the road. They're roughly in place, that'll do for now.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Ordered some shiny new disc bolts for the bike. Time to start tarting it up.
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

Changed the knackered banjo bolt for a new one and bled my brakes again. Happy bunny now.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

swapped over the rear brake disc bolts and the sprocket nuts. Got a brush and some of that rust stuff and worked my round the bike painting the buts in need of TLC. Adjusted the chain.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Today did a 60 mile ride with a mate who's learning. Had a good blat around on some local roads.

But at the very beginning of the ride we got to a mini roundabout I was watching the oncoming cars and watched the traffic go around it however still on my approach and I saw a jag driver heading up to the roundabout. He was proceeding in the outer Lane showing he was going over the roundabout. However something felt a little off, took a look for indicators and there was nothing so I proceeded onto the mini roundabout..next thing the d&*k head decided to use the mini roundabout to do a 180 almost knocking me off. At first I thought maybe he was indicating and I didn't notice it. I apologised to the driver and pulled into the fuel station asked my mate was he indicating because as I was on the approach he wasn't and was in the wrong Lane. My mate said yes he did....but only after he pulled that stunt...what a t&*t I actually apologised and he even passed me, should of kicked his car as he passed. I thought it was strange him not beeping or flashing his lights to let me know I was in the wrong. I must admit I didn't take a look at the driver I was watching the car and for indicators.

Later on I had a woman in a big Merc driver around a big a roundabout with no indication and the car beside me almost drove into her because even I thought she was going over the roundabout. What is it with indicators, we have them for a reason so flipping well use them. I swear I could never be a taxi driver or lorry driver other drivers would do my nut in
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

I'm disliking my rear disk more and more each time I look at it. The chain and sprockets have done 2500 miles. Think I could get away with just changing the rear sprocket for a renthal?
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Tbh... you'd be fine.

....buttttt, if in any doubt, inspect all the rollers in the chain move freely and inspect front and rear sprockets for any wear before making the decision
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Rossgo wrote:.......but only after he pulled that stunt...what a t&*t I actually apologised and he even passed me, should of kicked his car as he passed. I thought it was strange him not beeping or flashing his lights to let me know I was in the wrong. I must admit I didn't take a look at the driver I was watching the car and for indicators....
You may feel ( with hindsight ) that you would have liked to have responded more aggressively.
However IMHO that would achieve nothing positive.: Just because you had to compensate for another road user's incompetence/non-compliance, should not automatically motivate you to chastise them.
Fwiw if I were given the same circumstances I may well also have thanked the twunt in the Jag, albeit my "thanks" would have been sarcastically inspired.
FFS don't let theses sorts of idiots make you get bitter. When this stuff happens just comfort yourself with the knowledge that you are better than that, and move on.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

StMarks wrote:
Rossgo wrote:.......but only after he pulled that stunt...what a t&*t I actually apologised and he even passed me, should of kicked his car as he passed. I thought it was strange him not beeping or flashing his lights to let me know I was in the wrong. I must admit I didn't take a look at the driver I was watching the car and for indicators....
You may feel ( with hindsight ) that you would have liked to have responded more aggressively.
However IMHO that would achieve nothing positive.: Just because you had to compensate for another road user's incompetence/non-compliance, should not automatically motivate you to chastise them.
Fwiw if I were given the same circumstances I may well also have thanked the twunt in the Jag, albeit my "thanks" would have been sarcastically inspired.
FFS don't let theses sorts of idiots make you get bitter. When this stuff happens just comfort yourself with the knowledge that you are better than that, and move on.
Beautifully said StMarks. Totally agree. To be one step I'm not one for having a go but I just needed to vent lol!! Thank you for your wise words mate