I hope this is just a wind up

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

I hope this is just a wind up

Post by T.C. »

I am convinced that very soon we will be regarded as a third world nation in terms of road safety and enforcement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... icing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: I hope this is just a wind up

Post by Kwacky »

I can't say I'm surprised by this suggestion, it's been mentioned before.

It depends what they're asked to do. There's no way they can take on the role the police do on our roads, no one wants them to.

They're not equipped to deal with speeding offences. They can't make the call on what is dangerous driving or driving without due care.

So that means their role should be very limited.

I've no issue with them being used to report offences to the police, but the Police are the ones who should be policing our roads.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

T.C. wrote:I am convinced that very soon we will be regarded as a third world nation in terms of road safety and enforcement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... icing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wish I could buy shares in those speed awareness courses...

I don't relish the idea of a watered down Police Service, however perhaps we do need to re-think things from a basic level.?

Funding for any public service is inevitably about to be seriously impacted by our nations forthcoming decline into a third world state.
If there are ways to "get the job done efficiently & cheaper" then politics will find a way to implement it.

Besides, think positive TC.: It will see at last see an end to the "haven't you got any proper criminals to go after" line we hear quoted to every traffic cop on every stop they ever make. (nod)
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

PCSO's and Wombles - not enough training or powers. They should all be police IMO.
T.C.

Post by T.C. »

StMarks wrote:
Besides, think positive TC.: It will see at last see an end to the "haven't you got any proper criminals to go after" line we hear quoted to every traffic cop on every stop they ever make. (nod)
Well I am biased having spent 25 years as a traffic cop. But that apart, the level of professionalism and knowledge of traffic cops has been diminishing for years now, even down to driving and riding standards, but at least there are traffic cops.

Give a traffic womble any authority and the courts will be clogged up for years with appeals.

On the plus side though, it will keep me and Kwacky in gainfully employed work for many years to come :) ;)
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I only get involved when drivers or workers are killed or seriously mashed up ;)
T.C.

Post by T.C. »

Kwacky wrote:I only get involved when drivers or workers are killed or seriously mashed up ;)
I am pretty much the same. Badly mashed motorcyclists is mainly when I get called in, but occasionally I am asked to help out other forms of road user as well.

Off down to Kent tomorrow to investigate a catastrophic injury sustained in a crash.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've got to go to Kent in a few weeks time. It's a long slog from Birmingham.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I'm all for more police and better road safety but surely if these people are trained properly and give the correct powers they should be able to assist and make our road's safer.

All I see them doing at the moment is sitting on bridges or in laybys and Im sure they can be more effective than their current limited rule.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I'm all for more police and better road safety but surely if these people are trained properly and give the correct powers they should be able to assist and make our road's safer.

All I see them doing at the moment is sitting on bridges or in laybys and Im sure they can be more effective than their current limited rule.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Ambulance chasers, the pair of you...
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

This country is going to hell in a handcart. It appears to be run more and more by complete and utter ****.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

duke63 wrote:This country is going to hell in a handcart. It appears to be run more and more by complete and utter ****.
Look at the positive though Duke, your not living in the States! (giggle)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

kiwikrasher wrote:
duke63 wrote:This country is going to hell in a handcart. It appears to be run more and more by complete and utter ****.
Look at the positive though Duke, your not living in the States! (giggle)
We don't need to Kk, Mrs May seems keen to make us Trumps compliant little bint/