What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Frankie »

I woke up well late was planning a real early start, expecting a cracking sun rise.. missed it :( was still snoring in my pit. Did get out for a little nature shoot and walk.... stalked some deer in the woods, that was fun, not sure who scarred who first when I first came apon them ha ha ha
I could not use the camera for a while my fingers were so cold...
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Kwacky wrote:Not much today. I had a sleep until 10, which I needed.
Not far short - I managed until 9.20, tough week to recover from.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Wife took me out for a meal last night. Afterwards we popped up to our local and I bumped into a group of mates I've not seen for about 25 years.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Spent most of this weekend arguing with dish washers. Our one packed up, so had to work out how to empty it when the drain pump is broken.

Then trying to sort out a new one I bought of eBay. First it wouldn't drain, now it won't wash. Messaged the guy I bought it off and he said it was working fine 2 weeks ago when they refitted their kitchen.

He did offer a refund if I can't get it working, which is very decent of him as it was bought cash on collection.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Taking my gf's grandad's dog to get put down this afternoon. He's a lush little Springer Spaniel about 11.5 years old

I've been very sheltered from death growing up to the point where the only life I've lost is my childhood cat.. there's a very melancholy mood today that is far from pleasant.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:Taking my gf's grandad's dog to get put down this afternoon. He's a lush little Springer Spaniel about 11.5 years old

I've been very sheltered from death growing up to the point where the only life I've lost is my childhood cat.. there's a very melancholy mood today that is far from pleasant.
Sorry to hear this Cav make sure you make a fuss of him and let him know how loved he is. It's making me well up to be honest take him out for a lovely walk or give him his best toy and play with him mate
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Nowt today....the weather forecast is for "flooding"!!....Doesn't bode well.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Went out ice skating today also picked up some skates..so much better than the rentals however just got to break them in and get used to them

I hate the cold but I have always loved ice skating if we were in a really cold country where the lakes freeze over think I'd prob skate a fair bit!!
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Was last night but I put my hand through a glass partition on a door. It was a bit like a horror movie with blood squirting all over. I had a piece of glass stuck in my wrist about 4 cm long in the shape of a lightning bolt which i pulled out. Then called an ambulance as i had lost quite a bit of blood and could not stop the bleeding got to A&E and i had another bit of glass which showed up on an x ray. Luckily i managed to miss the tendons and just got a vein . Lost a quite a bit of blood. Stitched up and home but not the best Saturday night I've ever had :-(
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

rocket wrote:Was last night but I put my hand through a glass partition on a door. It was a bit like a horror movie with blood squirting all over. I had a piece of glass stuck in my wrist about 4 cm long in the shape of a lightning bolt which i pulled out. Then called an ambulance as i had lost quite a bit of blood and could not stop the bleeding got to A&E and i had another bit of glass which showed up on an x ray. Luckily i managed to miss the tendons and just got a vein . Lost a quite a bit of blood. Stitched up and home but not the best Saturday night I've ever had :-(
Those bloody glass doors...they always start fights don't they Image

On a serious note buddy really hope you heal up quickly.That does sound nasty.

I remember one of my mates thinking it was clever to punch a glass part of the front door as his sister locked him out and he got the same injuries...unsure what goes through people's heads doing that it's not a film it does bloody hurt!!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

You spaz. Hope you're ok
rocket

Post by rocket »

Kwacky wrote:You spaz. Hope you're ok
Yeah Im fine. Was not a rage or drunk just an old 70's door in our house and it sticks on the carpet i pushed on it hard with the palm of my hand. SH!t Happens.

Its also not my MAN hand so im all good
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

GWS, rocket.

Was it the wrist you damaged in your crash?
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Not good Dude. Glad your OK and hope it isnt too painful
rocket

Post by rocket »

duke63 wrote:GWS, rocket.

Was it the wrist you damaged in your crash?

No :-( my left hand this time i was dreading them coming back and saying you have done damage to ligaments or tendons as i know what problems it has caused in my other hand. He had a look in the big hole and could see them moving freely 8)
Blade wrote:Not good Dude. Glad your OK and hope it isnt too painful
Thanks you will have to kiss it better (inlove)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Been tidying up the mancave in recent weeks. New shelving, sorting and getting rid of stuff i don't need. Quite a few bits of bike luggage and clothing to sell.

Does look much tidier now though and space to move about again.

Has anybody used the new Facebook selling page to sell stuff yet?
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Rossgo wrote:
Cav wrote:Taking my gf's grandad's dog to get put down this afternoon. He's a lush little Springer Spaniel about 11.5 years old

Sorry to hear this Cav make sure you make a fuss of him and let him know how loved he is. It's making me well up to be honest take him out for a lovely walk or give him his best toy and play with him mate
Cheers Rossgo. We all spent a bit of time with him, lots of cuddles, fuss and most importantly he was put to sleep at home on his own bed.

We buried him next to his mum that died last year at home too. The whole family were in tears but we were all really pleased with how it went. Had a wake for him too with a few beverages (beer)

Cheers, Flint!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:
Rossgo wrote:

Cheers Rossgo. We all spent a bit of time with him, lots of cuddles, fuss and most importantly he was put to sleep at home on his own bed.

We buried him next to his mum that died last year at home too. The whole family were in tears but we were all really pleased with how it went. Had a wake for him too with a few beverages (beer)

Cheers, Flint!
Cav sounds like a lovely send off mate, always remember the good times Image
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Cav wrote:
Rossgo wrote:

Cheers, Flint!
Always some of the hardest times in life - but they give you so much more than they hurt you.

RIP little dude (bear)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

^^^^^^^^

Nice way of putting it.