What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cav wrote:Spineless parents that don't deserve the children they have.

<Back story>
4 years ago I moved into my dad's, 2 years ago I moved out. I moved out on bad terms and it had been about 18 months of hell before finally admitting defeat. The reason I left (not the point of this story) was due to my step mum making my life hell and my dad's spine dwindling in size over the period I lived there to the point where anything she said he agreed with - she cried over me using vinegar FFS!
<End of Back story>

After moving out I tried so many times over many months to build bridges with my dad, taking him to the pub or going to the driving range, and every time it failed - because of him and his attitude. There were numerous emails sent back and forth and the very last time we spoke to one another was just before Christmas 2014. His email wrote, I quote, "that's it, I'm throwing the towel in". I didn't reply.

2 years later, having not spoken to each other since the email, he receives a letter addressed to me from the DVLA (I forgot to change address on the V5). He kicks off at his parents who rang me practically in tears in fear of me getting in trouble with the law; they're 70-odd and have more on their plate than they should do at their age and it's made me really fecking peeved.

In the 2 years I lived there I had never cried so much, nor wanted to lash out as much in all my life. However, in the last 2 years I've developed so much as a person; I've seeked councelling and therapy and started what I call "Project Cav" (working on myself and being who I want to be).

I am better without him and he is now just Neal.
Different back story Cav but I'm the same with my mother. Haven't lived with her since I was 2 and was raised by my dad bar a few years he went off the rails and I got farmed out.

She drifted back into my life at around 20 and it was a painful experience at every interaction. 4 years ago I told her to be more involved in my kids life that PayPal transfers to me to buy them presents at birthdays or don't bother at all. Never a card or a phone call ( she has never met them, despite me taking them over to NZ 3 times. Always had an excuse at the last minute not to show up where we were staying ) and that's the last I heard from her.

My opinion is if people can't be a positive influence in your life then they don't deserve your time. And I'll be f**ked if her rotten life will taint my children in anyway.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Feck me, bad news day or what. Give your lass a big hug from me Paul.

I'd like to vent about 2016, can't end soon enough. Hopefully 2017 won't feel like I've woken up in some sort of weird Orwellian Dystopia every day!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

My horrible disgusting SiL. About 8yrs ago she was caught red-handed slandering my best mate for no known reason other than the fact he's got no formal qualifications but is a success in all the ways she isn't - despite her having a Degree.

We cut her out of our life and told my brother I never wanted her anywhere near me or mine ever again, if not we'd rip her to pieces in court, he apologised to us about her - but she's never shown any remorse at all.

However, I declared a truce for my Mothers funeral, and offered them both a place in one of the cars, she then proceeded to denigrate and insult my Nephew (who has clinical depression) and his other half, basically picking on the youngest and least likely to defend themselves, I only found this out last night - no one told me earlier as they knew my reaction would have been disproportionate and not in keeping its Mums wishes. Suffice to say if she crosses my path again I won't be holding back anything.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Waitresses who can't do their job.

I had about 10 pints unloaded on me last night. No idea how she managed it but a beer tsunami washed across the table and soaked me to the skin. I was fairly fecking angry. The manager (when he turned up) kept taking a step back from me. I could have punched him at first the way he was talking to me.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:Waitresses who can't do their job.

I had about 10 pints unloaded on me last night. No idea how she managed it but a beer tsunami washed across the table and soaked me to the skin. I was fairly fecking angry. The manager (when he turned up) kept taking a step back from me. I could have punched him at first the way he was talking to me.
Thats bad. No apologies at all?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Yep i got an apology and confirmation they'll cover my expenses for cleaning. I know the head of that department at edgbaston so it'll be followed up.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:Waitresses who can't do their job.

Everyone makes mistakes but the staff and manager should have been falling over themselves to ensure you were looked after. Cleaning costs should be the bare minimum! A free meal and pint should be on offer imo!

Maybe carrying 10 pints in one go wasn't a clever idea to start with.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

^^^^^^

LOL @ "falling over themselves"!!!! :D

Should've stood up and yelled "You stupid barsteward!!!!"
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Cheers Kwacky, everything has calmed down a little bit and I've made the conscious decision to not let anything he does affect me anymore. Why should someone who wants nothing to do with me have control over me?

Anyway.. I've got motorbikes, videos of motorbikes, and photos of motorbikes to be doing which is a worthy distraction !!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I don't know what it is about this area but mums with push chairs don't bother checking the road before crossing. I was furious at her...what did she do...gave me 'evils' and walked off...what the hell?
D41

Post by D41 »

What's wrong with you Ross?? Don't you know that these women have accomplished the impossible...gotten laid AND got pregnant, had the kid, etc.

They own the fecking world now. It revolves around them and their gormless little spacker child.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

This is something that really rattles me but then I remind myself of natural selection and all is good again
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

There was a dash cam vid on the news last week in Aussie of that very thing Rossgo, and her attitude was similar, unbelieveable.

I just don't understand that mentality. Ask soon as my kids were born a switch flicked in me and now I'd put my life before theirs without hesitation. How anyone can blindly put their child in harms way like that is beyond me.
D41

Post by D41 »

Because their kids are 'objects', inconveniences, trophies,or all three. I know the light-switch thing you're writing about....you're either a parent, or you're not...it's that simple.
These numbnuts just have kids, but haven't made that leap to parenthood yet...and probably never will.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That happens in all walks of life. I know some very senior lawyers who had kids because that's what's expected. They have bugger all to do with them, which showed at the family events I would attend. Lots of little long haired shits called Oliver or Tabitha running amok because mummy is a partner.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

The driver of the enormous VW SUV that overtook me today in a 20 mph limit doing minimum 60 round a blind bend, nearly wiping out an old couple who were half way across the crossing and having the arrogance to honk his horn at them too (facepalm)

I need a dash cam in this car. (gah)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

C00kiemonster wrote:........I need a dash cam in this car. (gah)
You would expect all new cars,especially at the level of your Jaguar, to have them as std kit these days.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

StMarks wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:........I need a dash cam in this car. (gah)
You would expect all new cars,especially at the level of your Jaguar, to have them as std kit these days.
I've got one in that (i fitted it myself) but i need one in my crappy Mondeo i usually cruise in :D Beggars belief what some people do in cars these days.

I do agree though - they should have one in every car these days. I think it would make a difference if people knew their shitty and dangerous driving was recorded.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

The ex :@

Following on from this in the post thread
kiwikrasher wrote:
TonyB wrote:I took my boy to watch a live show on a tour he's on last month. It was one of the loudest places I've ever been, kids were going mental! Kaylan met him and got his ticket signed, and he's actually pretty down to earth.
Thats awesome Tony! Byron would lose his sh*t if he ever got to meet him!
Byron excitedly told me today when I rang that Dan TDM is doing an Australian Tour! 4 shows over 2 days in Sydney. Unfortunately it's my first weekend back offshore after Christmas break.

I rang the ex, and explained how big a deal it would be to Byron, and offered to pay for tickets (including hers) so he could go. She said the Sunday show was on too late (6 pm) so she wouldn't get him home till 10pm (still school holidays) and the other three shows on monday she is at work. I asked if she'd take a day off and she won't.

She is struggling to maintain a connection with Byron and this would've gone a long way to building on their relationship, but it's all to hard for her.

Dan is apparently doing a bigger and better tour in Oz later in the year so I am hopeful I am around for that one.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

People shouldn't be parents if they're selfish. I know it's easy to say but FFS, there are a lot of times when you have to put your kids first.

My mum took my daughter shopping recently, but they didn't get much. My mum apologised to Georgie for the poor return of their day out. "Nan, I enjoyed our day out, it was nice spending time with you". That's key to me - spending time with the kids and doing stuff for them and with them.

Fingers crossed you can take him to the next one.