Watch out watch out

The news and your views about biking
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Watch out watch out

Post by duke63 »

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/hadecs-3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These cameras have recently been installed on the M6 from J10 north and South and i believe are going up on the M42 as well.

Additionally a number of lampposts in Birmingham itself are having similar style mini speed cameras fitted.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi ... t-11928025" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Watch out watch out

Post by C00kiemonster »

I'm glad I've got my french plates while I'm here :D

Its everywhere now - notably in Italy too - loads of them. ;(
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Took them out years ago here.......ticket is not issued by law enforcement, compliance was seen as acceptance...total scam, and not legally binding in any form at all.....UNTIL, you appeared at court....

Good while it lasted though. I guess.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I try where possible to stick to the speed limits now on the motorways. There are a couple of types of camera and it's near impossible to spot all of them
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I hate cameras. I just don't see the point of them.

1. People don't look at what is in front of them they look down at the speedo
2. People slow down for them then speed straight off again
3. There's no reasoning with them. Eg. 30MPH zone at 1AM when there is noone else on the road and kids won't be kicking a football out in front of you - where's the danger of exceeding too 35MPH etc (I genuinely don't do this I always have this feeling someone is watching me - probably is true what with all our ECUs etc
4. The country paint them all bright yellow but the council are greedy bastards and allow the bushes to cover them...down my road one of ours have been covered for years and I have seen so many people get snapped because you can't see it - BUT this has been through the day and therefore they are idoits for speeding in a 30 so their problem
5. They don't watch out for a bigger crime - talking on their phones whilst driving.

There's probably more but me moaning isn't going to change anything...just like those protesters over Trump winning the election stating he isn't their president