What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Rossgo »

Washed and ACF50ed it. However as soon as I started to ACF50 it the rain started!! It went everywhere I'm hoping it hasn't gone on the tyres and breaks. It's nasty stuff but it does the job well. Won't need to wash it until January I guess.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

You should never be using all of the travel in case of emergency. Even the MotoGP boys have a couple of mm travel left for an 'oh-sh!t' moment.

Also, if you're using all the travel on the road that means everytime you get to a big bump your spine gets butt-rammed so hard you can't see straight
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

One of those sh!t w@nk rides into work (gah) (gah) (gah)

Almost taken out by a BMW switching from right to middle lane on the M6. Thankfully the traffic was heavy so I wasn't going fast, but I stopped about an inch away from the rear passenger door. He got a mouthful from me. I was a tad angry. To be fair he apologised and admitted he didn't see me. I think he'll be a bit sheepish in work today.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote: I think he'll be a bit sheepish in work today.
Was he a work colleague?
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Nope. I presumed he was on his way to work.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

found out that if you intentionally try to wheelie the SX but giving it a big handful of throttle with the TC switched on that the TC light goes solid red, rather than the usual blinking yellow
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

But did you get a wheelie out of it??
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Yep. Got the front up about 30cm before the TC did it's job.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rode like a twat this morning. You can tell when you're distracted and riding, it's not a good combination.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Stop playing PokemonGo on your way to work then, Kwacky !! :D
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Rode over to JHP to book the 748 in for its engine swap and set up.

Some lovely bikes in their workshop.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Went out with my dad to Heathrow to go see some planes. Then rode some local roads then home. Really enjoyed it but I was mainly on my dad's as he nicked mine
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Realised when it's MOT was due! (shocked)

Put it this way, I shouldn't have gone on the Stow rideout in October.

Or anywhere in September for that matter!!!

So I got off my hoop and found somewhere that would do a service and MOT and fit the bits that I still haven't got around to getting yet.

Telford Motorcycle Centre is 11 minutes from my house, and the guy there was very helpful and chatty, even made a couple of phone calls to find out when the valve clearances needed doing and told me that it wasn't necessary and an interim service would do the job, saving me money.

I'm not booked in yet, I forgot all the other stuff I wanted to get done, but things are looking promising.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Took it out twice for about an hour each time. Jess had her best friend up for the weekend at mine (she's just got back from 2 yrs in Buenos Aires) and she loves bikes, so took her out for a spin on the Multi then took Jess out as well.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Went out with my dad to Swindon to look at bikes. Also popped into that Mega Sales place that had a sale on it was packed! Some good bargains there especially if you at XS or XL lol!! But people were picking things up and lots of people had their cars packed out! It was greasy and at some points was raining but the M7RR just stuck to the ground I literally didn't even realise it was wet! Had a fab rid around 130miles all in l2ft at 0930 came home at 1530!!
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Rossgo wrote:Went out with my dad to Heathrow to go see some planes. Then rode some local roads then home. Really enjoyed it but I was mainly on my dad's as he nicked mine Image
Does your Dad stress a bit over you when you ride with him??? Only reason I ask is I pretty much stopped riding with the ex. after a while as I spent all my time watching the mirrors instead of looking ahead....'vested interest' , and all that.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

D41 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Went out with my dad to Heathrow to go see some planes. Then rode some local roads then home. Really enjoyed it but I was mainly on my dad's as he nicked mine Image
Does your Dad stress a bit over you when you ride with him??? Only reason I ask is I pretty much stopped riding with the ex. after a while as I spent all my time watching the mirrors instead of looking ahead....'vested interest' , and all that.
I suspect that Rossgo's skillz have progressed ( IAM etc..) to the point that his dad will no longer feel responsible for watching his son's riding.

When very young I was tasked with caring for my baby brother when the family went on ski holidays, my last one he was about seven or eight. I didn't share the slopes with him again until he was in his 30's, and the only looking out for him that I did was trying to keep him in sight.!
Cav

Post by Cav »

Rossgo wrote:Went out with my dad to Swindon to look at bikes. Also popped into that Mega Sales place that had a sale on it was packed! Some good bargains there especially if you at XS or XL lol!! But people were picking things up and lots of people had their cars packed out! It was greasy and at some points was raining but the M7RR just stuck to the ground I literally didn't even realise it was wet! Had a fab rid around 130miles all in l2ft at 0930 came home at 1530!!
Sounds like a good day to me - wish I enjoyed the road like I used to..

Funds permitting I'm going to get a set of M7RR or similar for my spare wheels so I can ride on the road and also on a wet/cold trackday
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:
No he's OK. It's more I stress over him! He rides safely and steady so I don't generally think that it would be him at fault I fear more of idiot drivers pulling out in front and having the excuse "I didn't see him'. He's my dad, my hero, the man who provided for me as a youngster and having the balls to say NO when I didn't need it or he couldn't afford it. The man who would work until silly o'clock at night and would still say night to me. He uses his bike more than me, in fact almost everyday so he sees more idoits than myself. I fear this more than anything else
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Riding with jet lag on a foggy Monday morning wasn't much fun.

Neither was trying to ride off with the ground anchor chain still attached :D Fortunately I always roll the bike back a bit just to make sure it's free from all of the bloody chains and locks I have to put on it.