BSB turning a bit nasty?

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

BSB turning a bit nasty?

Post by duke63 »

I've read some of the interviews with Haslam and Shakey this week and seems there isn't much love lost between the two.

Now the Kawasaki team have lodged a protest against the Panigale which has been rejected by the BSB bosses.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/bri ... ainst-pbm/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: BSB turning a bit nasty?

Post by Kwacky »

That's been brewing for a while. Haslam and his team have made a few snide comments during the season and Shakey has been pouring fuel on the fire.
markrsvr15
Your Bike: aprilia rsvr

Post by markrsvr15 »

Shakey is a arse always has been but a good rider no the less never made it on to world level no way near as good as rea or sykes

Anyone when they taking says yeah Liston to me is a complete idoit he always says it winds me up real bad ignorant arse hole
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

My experience of Shakey is the complete opposite. Went out of his way to invite my son into his garage at Oulton Park, pose for photos and be an all round nice guy. The last time we saw him a few weeks back he waved from the grid, minutes before lights out to my too young boys trackside and made their day. Very down to earth genuine family man in my experience.

Regards his riding he's a 4 time BSB champion which will soon be five times, hardly shabby. Regards the world stage he didn't have competitive machinery imo but don't forgot 2003 when he did the double at World Superbike Brands Hatch as a wild card on the less competitive BSB Monster Mob Ducati 998. Classic David beats Goliath and forever etched into my memory sat on a rammed packed paddock hill bend at 6am on racing morning with the atmosphere already boiling up.

I very much rate JR but I remeber Shakey taking his 2nd BSB title in 08 and Sykes was riding that year. A quick Google and Sykes was 4th to Shakey's 1st and trailed home by over 150 points which is more than 6 clear race wins behind Shakey hardly justification to say Sykes is in a different class.

Racing is a fickle game imo and it's not always down to who has the most talent, bravey or skill. Money, Machinery and Team can make a huge difference and tbh may have even more influence than talent alone.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Shakey nowhere near as good a Sykes and Rea? Absolute rubbish.

He's THE top BSB rider of all time and worked his way up from racing non-competitive machinery.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Most racers are nice people away from racing.

But you can't be a nice person on the track if you want to win races. The people around you are your competition. You say and do what is needed to get into their head and beat them before the race starts.
markrsvr15
Your Bike: aprilia rsvr

Post by markrsvr15 »

How old was sykes 16 (giggle) (giggle) (giggle)

No were near as good sorry if he was that good he would have got a good ride in wsbk in first place (giggle) (giggle)

Never said he was rubbish he's a good rider that's why loads of them go up and come back because it's easier to win