What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Blade »

And whilst I'm on a rant the car park ticket machine does not give change (n)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

But apart from that, how's your day going? :)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Apart from that it's good thanks (y)

First world problems I guess :?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Sadly all symptoms of a changing world. Politeness and manners seem to be signs of weakness to too many people now.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:Apart from that it's good thanks (y)

First world problems I guess :?
There is no judgement on the vent thread ;)

After our big day out then 1.5 hr hours at gymnastics (Jess' daughter and my girl both go) took the kids out for dinner and thought I'd treat myself to a cider.

"I'll have the Hillbilly cider thanks"

"Sorry that kegs out"

"Ok I'll try the other one you have on tap"

Attempted pour... "that's out too"

"ok, got one in a bottle?"

"Yep but they are warm, just put them in the fridge"

(facepalm)

We only live the the biggest apple growing area of NSW, it's not like it's unusual for someone to order one.

I made do with a glass of ice.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:Sadly all symptoms of a changing world. Politeness and manners seem to be signs of weakness to too many people now.
Certainly not to me...I had a guy bang straight into me at the weekend and I was the one who said sorry...some people are just p&*cks!!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Yes I think manners and politeness are being lost in todays selfish society.

I always make an effort to be polite and courteous to other people and quite often people looked shocked when you behave like this, which is just wrong.

Treat others how you wish to be treated yourself is how I see it.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Last year I discovered a great drop, a cold pressed cold liqueur from single origins coffee beans, call Mr Black. Pretty sure I posted on TS about it around that time. Then last Christmas they did a limited 900 bottle release in conjunction with Campos (my favourite coffee producers) and Jess surprised me with a bottle for Christmas. The original Mr Black is amazing, but the limited release was a step above, totally delicious.

Well a couple of months ago they announced they were doing a 298 bottle extremely limited release for a run made with Panama Geisha, voted 2016 Panama's best coffee, which is a big deal in coffee circles.https://www.exploredrinks.com/mr-black- ... e-liqueur/ You had to go in a ballot to win a chance to buyt it. I missed out. a few weeks later they announced they had a second chance offer on a few bottles and I luckily scored one! So all good.

The rant is it was dispatched to the couriers on the 23 Sept, got a tracking advice email, estimated delivery on the 28 Sept. Got to the 30th and still no delivery. So due to heading off to work shortly after that I rang the courier company to be told they forwarded to yet another courier, but no worries, we will contact them. Never heard back, so two more phone calls that day but kept getting told they still hadn't received any feed back from the other company. So monday I contacted the distributor and informed them. They have now been on to the courier for 4 days and still haven't found my package. They are as pissed as I am. If it's gone for good there is no option to get a replacement. They have told me they will refund me but it's not the point. I bet you some driver has drunk the bloody thing with no idea of what he is drinking :@
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Blade wrote:Yes I think manners and politeness are being lost in todays selfish society.

I always make an effort to be polite and courteous to other people and quite often people looked shocked when you behave like this, which is just wrong.
Goes both ways....those are the same spackers out there just looking at you with a expectant yet dumbfounded expression....because they've asked you for something ('nicely', in their words)...it's now theirs for the taking and a God-given right.

However...on a lighter note. My new **** neighbour has just dropped a brand new TV.....I can hear him yelling over the fence. LMMFAO!!

Punkassb*tch!!
Blade

Post by Blade »

My wallet getting gang raped (swear)

I know buying a house is never cheap but the costs are getting ridiculous. I could effectively had a brand new Panigale 1199R for what it's costing in fees alone.

The bit that annoys me is every cost or fee is on a sliding scale or a percentage of the property value. The work done is the same they just charge more because your spending more. It just doesn't seem fair to me. If I had squandered my income I wouldnt be charged for it, but because we live a simple live and choose to have a nice house we get out finances completely rinsed for making what we think is the sensible choose and investing our hard earned in property.

Solicitors, Estates Agents, Removals and Governments are all robbing bastards.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Lazy f^&ktards who dont work but get everything paid for. How can we allow this as a nation. Break down in tax a handful of months ago and education is around middle of the expenditure...surely education is number one more educated people more likely we would be in a better position??!
D41

Post by D41 »

People who complain that I don't work and get paid tons of $$$ to lay around the house all day.

It's not like I don't do anything....I lie there pensively, thinking about what to have for breakfast, which guitar to play for a little while, what time my driver will show up to whisk me around while I dawdle over important trivialities, whether I should turn the A/C on myself...or just have someone else do it for me??

It's pretty important stuff, let me tell you....

/yawns...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

OK Darren
D41

Post by D41 »

Well....I've not really got nowt to vent about.....I'm happy, contented, etc....so little things tend to have a bit more import.

Sue me.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Other parents that complain about your kids behaviour..

A bloke today really got on my tits. We where at a pub with a decent sized garden and a kids play area. James is going through a phase of calling kids silly names, nothing overly offensive just silly. Just as we where leaving the parent of another child came over and said I should do something about my child.

I gently pointed out that had he been near the play area then he would have heard the same coming from his child, and would have seen the other child from his group constantly hitting and pushing my son. But, as he has been sat on his arse chatting to his mate for the last hour or so he wouldn't have noticed that.

He shut up rather quickly after that and shuffled off quickly.

Cock!
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

Nice one Nutz. Good on you buddy for putting him rightly back in his place (y)
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Rotten scumbag **** builders. I called round the other day to an old house my nan owns that's split into flats that she rents out. A roofer was there starting some pointing. Being quite familiar with that house I asked him why he was doing a wall that didn't really need pointing. His response was that a bit in the corner needed doing so he was doing the whole wall to keep it looking even. I told him we didn't really care what it looked like as it's round the back of the house and other bits round the front of the house needed doing far more. He said he was going to get round to them. He had some sand and cement mixed up which I pointed out to him was completely unsuitable for the house as it's an old solid wall construction so would need pointing with lime. After a brief argument he accepted that and went off to get some lime mix. I popped round to my nans house to have a look at his quote. Scrawled onto the back of a business card was a zigzag line with dots next to it that didn't correspond with any walls of the house and the number £3250. Two days later and I found out he's been back round to my nans house and told her it's going to be £10,900. My nan is 96 years old and not in the best of health. I am **** fuming!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

What a c^nt. Report him.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:What a c^nt. Report him.
^ this

And kick him in the nuts while your at it, he deserves nothing less.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Yep. Set his feet in concrete demand the cash back and chuck him in the canal.