Turkey

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Turkey

Post by D41 »

No different from the Islamic Radicals who focus their attentions...or are taught to do so....upon a small number of very inflammatory texts in the Koran.

One could almost say Christianity is little different, with it's 15.....er (oops,)....10 Commandments. Sic.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Christians have done the same. Look at what the Spanish did both at home and overseas. All in God's name apparently.
D41

Post by D41 »

The difference with the Western Christian terror groups (I'm thinking IRA, etc.) is that if captured, they will often sing like a canary....with the Islamic groups they're very open to sacrificing themselves in the name of Allah.....virtually impossible to defend/plan against that sort of mentality.....your only deterrent is something they themselves are trying to achieve, albeit on their own terms.
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

I have an anecdote contrary to your statement D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Everyone has a breaking point and will talk if you press the right buttons.

Even if people can endure physical pain to themselves there is always something someone will not be able to tolerate whether it be to someone they love or something sacred to them or their believes.

Everyone has a breaking point imo. No one is a machine and regardless of the tough image they may present to the world everyone can snap.
D41

Post by D41 »

TonyB wrote:I have an anecdote contrary to your statement D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure you do....but anecdotes are the exception to the rule....otherwise they wouldn't be much of an anecdote, would they??
D41

Post by D41 »

Blade wrote:Everyone has a breaking point and will talk if you press the right buttons.

Even if people can endure physical pain to themselves there is always something someone will not be able to tolerate whether it be to someone they love or something sacred to them or their believes.

Everyone has a breaking point imo. No one is a machine and regardless of the tough image they may present to the world everyone can snap.
That's not really the case though....all you did right there was say that you yourself have a breaking point.....probably because you're not a frickin' nutjob and can't get your head around their mentality. These wackos look at death as being a reward, not a punishment.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

No D everyone has a breaking point you just have to find it. Your limited in your application saying there are limits and some people don't care.

What ever they protect you destroy, whatever they hold dear you torture, however they wish to be seen you create the opposite image, if they want death you deny it them, if they wish to sacrifice themselves you do the opposite and make them look like they helped their common enemy and bring shame on their family or leaders.

Whatever they want or hold value too, whether it be material possession, family, life, religous or idealology you do the opposite.

You just need to starting getting creative with your ideas ;) and yiu can break anyone.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

As Blade says, you can break anyone, It's all about pressing buttons and finding the right combination.

If a Muslim terrorist thinks he's off to paradise, tell him you've just slaughtered a pig with the knife you're about to cut his throat with.
D41

Post by D41 »

Sorry peeps....my mistake.

It's the Irish groups that have the rep. of never speaking...I wrote that backwards.....the religious groups are the ones that will break....hence they attempt to top themselves beforehand.

Or sommit along those lines.

I disagree about everyone having a breaking point though....the vast majority...yes. But not everyone.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

There have been a couple of explosions in Istanbul this evening.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

The world appears to be turning to shit!

Elections in the West being manipulated by Putin, bombs in Eastern Europe, IS back in Palmyra... and Man City getting thrashed by Leicester.