What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Monty »

Deegee wrote:Was working on a film set today and back there tomorrow, nothing exciting, apparently it's a new Liam Neeson film, and part of it is being filmed just off the M3 on the old Chertsey test track. No pics due to security etc (get thrown off site for using a camera), our kit is involved with the lighting rigs.
Are you working with Lee Lifting?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

In the office on my own, so doing very little.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Morning lawns, organising sleep overs for tomorrow night, sorted picnic dinner in front of the fire for tonight's meal, negotiated successfully the movie selection and sipping on my MANLY gin!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Last minute revision with the students about to take their Ejection Seats exam.

At this stage in their training, we're used to seeing a bit of banter from them, which I actively encourage, but I expect the correct technical terminology from them.

So when one of them gave me a deliberately shit answer I thought I'd re-educate him in a different way. He had a water bottle on his desk. It was at a good kicking height...

:?

A little step forward with the left leg, my right leg chambered in order to get my foot above the desk, core tightened to aid rotation. As my foot extends outwards the velocity increases, nothing is stopping this kick now, not me, not him, not my Flight Sergeant in the office upstairs, not even the gods themselves.

Bang!

The top of my toe cap connects with the water bottle at terminal velocity. I expect nothing more than to hit it and it stumble off the table onto the floor, but the bottle has other ideas. As it reacts to the application of force it moves, at great speed, to the side and begins to fall over. The lid of the bottle catches on the edge of the desk next to it, and proceeds to fly across the room with an increased impetus and a new flightpath.

As I follow through with my foot I see aforementioned projectile hit the wall at the other end of the room, neatly avoiding the two students sitting there.

As I come to rotate through 360 degrees and stop, facing the instigator of my transgression, I am enveloped by a chorus of laughter, swearing and several gasps of "Whoa" akin to a bunch of schoolboys catching a glimpse of a Bugatti Veyron dropping off one of their mates.

I unashamedly drink it all in.

I've just executed the perfect kick, silenced a dimwit and made the whole class laugh, whilst retaining important information.

Time for a brew!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Serious manpoints. Well done.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Monty wrote:
Deegee wrote:Was working on a film set today and back there tomorrow, nothing exciting, apparently it's a new Liam Neeson film, and part of it is being filmed just off the M3 on the old Chertsey test track. No pics due to security etc (get thrown off site for using a camera), our kit is involved with the lighting rigs.
Yes, they're one of our customers and had a little trouble earlier this week that I'm dealing with (if DHL ever turn up that is!) today. How do you know them Monty?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

@Itchy...loved reading that
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Itchy wrote:Last minute revision with the students about to take their Ejection Seats exam.

At this stage in their training, we're used to seeing a bit of banter from them, which I actively encourage, but I expect the correct technical terminology from them.

So when one of them gave me a deliberately shit answer I thought I'd re-educate him in a different way. He had a water bottle on his desk. It was at a good kicking height...

:?

A little step forward with the left leg, my right leg chambered in order to get my foot above the desk, core tightened to aid rotation. As my foot extends outwards the velocity increases, nothing is stopping this kick now, not me, not him, not my Flight Sergeant in the office upstairs, not even the gods themselves.

Bang!

The top of my toe cap connects with the water bottle at terminal velocity. I expect nothing more than to hit it and it stumble off the table onto the floor, but the bottle has other ideas. As it reacts to the application of force it moves, at great speed, to the side and begins to fall over. The lid of the bottle catches on the edge of the desk next to it, and proceeds to fly across the room with an increased impetus and a new flightpath.

As I follow through with my foot I see aforementioned projectile hit the wall at the other end of the room, neatly avoiding the two students sitting there.

As I come to rotate through 360 degrees and stop, facing the instigator of my transgression, I am enveloped by a chorus of laughter, swearing and several gasps of "Whoa" akin to a bunch of schoolboys catching a glimpse of a Bugatti Veyron dropping off one of their mates.

I unashamedly drink it all in.

I've just executed the perfect kick, silenced a dimwit and made the whole class laugh, whilst retaining important information.

Time for a brew!
Probably all surprised to see an Armourer move with such co-ordination :D
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Itchy (allhail)

I think your going to be the new camp Legend 8)
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

kiwikrasher wrote: Probably all surprised to see an Armourer move with such co-ordination :D
I'll be honest, I even surprised myself at how awesome it turned out!
Monty

Post by Monty »

Deegee wrote:
Monty wrote:
Yes, they're one of our customers and had a little trouble earlier this week that I'm dealing with (if DHL ever turn up that is!) today. How do you know them Monty?
I worked with them for about 10 years in London, say hi to Lee, Joe and Tony for me. They call me "The Undertaker" on account of the long coat I used to wear in the winter. (Piss taking B@stards) Got my own back though, when ever Joe was driving I used to shout things down the radio like "down down down up", "more up Joe" and the one that really got him up was "Nearly there Joe, just another 15mm to the east"

Had lots of fun with them over the years knocking things of buildings in London.

Ask Joe about that steeple in Bethnal Green (lol)
Monty™© MCMLXXII
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Kwacky wrote:What you dieting for sweetcakes? I love you the way you are (h)
lol been on a strict eating plan for the last 8 weeks 1500 cals and only whole foods. Want to cut some fat lost about 7kg and strength has not gone if not increased so real happy at the moment. Not had any days off but since its her 40th i am making an exception :-P
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

1500 cals a day that sounds horrendous |(
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Blade wrote:1500 cals a day that sounds horrendous |(
first 2 weeks were now its easy :-P
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I have 1500 calories while Im trying to work out what I want for dinner
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Monty, I'll say hi to them again on Tuesday if things go to plan, today was a washout due to our German colleagues, so it's on again for next week.

Lee's not so well these days, but Lees Family along with Mark & Tim have run it without him for the last 3yrs at least, Gilly is still there along with some of the old faces, I probably know him more than any of the others due to him driving the old Grove 5100 (my previous company) and him being involved in the trackday scene at the same time as myself, I just missed him today by a couple of minutes, but as he'd done 20hr shift I didn't chase after him.

They're good people and good customers for us as well - keep an eye on Vertikal in the next few weeks if you know what I mean. ;)
Monty

Post by Monty »

I've just drunk 1500 calories in wine and it's only 10 o'clock
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

Deegee wrote:Monty, I'll say hi to them again on Tuesday if things go to plan, today was a washout due to our German colleagues, so it's on again for next week.

Lee's not so well these days, but Lees Family along with Mark & Tim have run it without him for the last 3yrs at least, Gilly is still there along with some of the old faces, I probably know him more than any of the others due to him driving the old Grove 5100 (my previous company) and him being involved in the trackday scene at the same time as myself, I just missed him today by a couple of minutes, but as he'd done 20hr shift I didn't chase after him.

They're good people and good customers for us as well - keep an eye on Vertikal in the next few weeks if you know what I mean. ;)
Sorry to hear about Lee, not spoken to the guys since around 2012 but many happy memories
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Monty wrote:I've just drunk 1500 calories in wine and it's only 10 o'clock
Now that's how to diet!!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Sam is working yet again on a Saturday so I'm doing the usual taxi service.