Oulton Park

Biking related photos and videos (keep it safe for work)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Oulton Park

Post by Blade »

Corner Entry

Blade

Re: Oulton Park

Post by Blade »

Followed by Corner exit

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Looking good
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

What tyres were you running, Blade?
Blade

Post by Blade »

Rosso Corsa mate (y)
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

thats not you never seen them leathers :-P
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade

Post by Blade »

rocket wrote:thats not you never seen them leathers :-P
Haha (lol) . I don't let you see everything mate (happy)
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Blade wrote:
rocket wrote:thats not you never seen them leathers :-P
Haha (lol) . I don't let you see everything mate (happy)

Its the stig ..... looking good fella
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Since when did Lorenzo ride a Kwak? (lol)

Looks good Blade!

First thing I noticed is the mirrors though, here in Aussie you have to remove or tape them so you can't use them. They want your focus to be ahead not behind.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

How do you find the Rosso Corsa on track? Did they get a little slidey?

Looking good though mate !!
Blade

Post by Blade »

It's optional to remove mirrors Kiwi but as they had the indicators installed I didn't fancy messing around on the day.

The Rosso Corsa were good once warmed up Cav. The front felt a little vague in Cascades which is one of the only left handers so took a little more tine to warm up but fine once warm. Tbh I couldn't fault the tyre. For road and track it's a very good compromise. If I was a more regular TD rider I would probably opt for Supercorsas.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

I'm jealous mate, looks like you had a good time! What group did you go in? I think a few on TDR were there and said there were a lot of red flags, especially inters? Any more pics to share?
Blade

Post by Blade »

Hi Andy. There was alot of red flagsyour right. We only had 2 sessions in our group which weren't red flag which was starting to get annoying tbh. One session was red flagged and then got back out for half a lap and another incident so red Flagged again. People just wanted to throw there self at the scenery (blush)

I went in novice as only booked the night before and was only novice or fast available and I know I m definetly not fast group material (blush)

Weird tbh as novice had some quick riders and inters some slow riders ehich may have been part of the reason for so many reds. Some of the people in novice were very pedestrian and totally unpredictable what line they may take.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Does sound like a half decent day you had there then mate! The red flags are annoying - I did one trackday where every session was red flagged with 10 crashers on the same corner. At lunch time they called everyone in for a second briefing saying that if everyone keeps crashing they would have to call the day off - fortunately they didn't and every started to get a little better (saving it for the last couple of minutes of each session). We had numerous 're-starts' though.

The Rosso Corsa are probably an ideal tyre for Novice-Inters, they clearly didn't halter your leaning ability. I used Racetec Interac K3s for my first trackday and loved them. The front gripped forever and they did 2 trackdays and 2000 miles. They also got me into Fast Group so they clearly work
DaytonAndy

Post by DaytonAndy »

I think the problem with inters is it attracts a huge range of abilities. I don't mind the fast boys going in inters but I think there's also some very slow riders who cause problems who just don't want the stigma of going in novice. A couple of visits ago I'd got stuck at the back of the queue for the sighting laps in inters. The guy two bikes in front of me was so slow he couldn't keep up with the traffic... on the sighting laps!!!!! You're not allowed to overtake on the sighting laps so by the end of lap 3 me and three other bikes couldn't even see anyone that's how far behind we were. He was a rolling roadblock for some people the entire day.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Transponders should be mandatory on track days, far too many red flags. They should move the obviously too fast or too slow at the end of each session and move everyone based on best lap times after lunch.

Only problem with that is most people including myself would ride like it's a qualifying session!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
DaytonAndy

Post by DaytonAndy »

I think focused use transponders and move the groups around at lunch. I know focused don't have a great reputation but the day I went on ran like clockwork and there weren't many red flags. You know in the afternoon sessions you will be with similar paced riders. It's also a lot of fun, when they put the groups up in the afternoon, seeing people's faces when they realise they've been moved from fast to novice.
:D
Monty

Post by Monty »

They must be improving then, I went on a focused events transponder day only to find we had to pay an extra 50 quid for the transponder. It certainly wasn't advertised like that, so most of us refused to pay the extra and very few people had transponders. (lol)

To be fair to FE, apart from that day I've never had a bad one with them.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade

Post by Blade »

That must have been ages ago Monty. I've done a coupe of FE chrono days in the past which are the ones Andy refers to with the transponder. They were on my Blade so at least 4 years ago and transponders were free and mandatory to set the groups as Andy suggests.

To be fair Ive had no trouble with FE personally despite this supposedly bad rep but the two days I have done with MSV (circuit owner) have both been marred with lots of red flags and nothing done to address it by the organiser. No pulling everyone in for a safety brief, no moving grours around, nothing, zilge, diddly squat apart from more red flag waving (blush)
Monty

Post by Monty »

Yeah could have been 5 or 6 years ago, think it was Donington.

Man I need to do a track day, think it's been around 3 years since I last did one.
Monty™© MCMLXXII