What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Blade »

Went out and had a good giggle with some good mates.

Had a really good night out and apparently I will find out next week if I have a job. First world problem tbh and I'm sorry to say and but who wouldn't be concerned ?

All joking aside I had the privilege to sit for an hour or two in the real world and share a can of beer on some steps with a couple of guys less fortnate than me. Most people would walk by and not even look up. Most people wouldnt even ask if there ok,most people wouldn't stop and offer some help. Please please don't be most people. Don't walk on by. What ever you have to offer. Just stop and offer your time, your money, your kind or your just whatever you do stop and offer HELP even if only morale
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

What are you doing today ??

Post by TonyB »

Been to test ride a Triumph Street Twin. Bloody loved it. I think it's more 'me' than the StreetR. Brilliant bit of kit. ABS, traction control, 2 rider modes, 10,000 mile service intervals, 2 years manufacturers warranty, and the standard cans sound really good. It's a used bike, 931 miles on it. The previous owner bought it while waiting for a Thruxton R to be built. They're selling it for £6600, they're £7600 brand new with the Matt black paint that I'd want. I'm seriously considering it. They offered me £4300 for mine as a completely standard bike and I could make some money back selling off the accessories I'd take off the StreetR.

Imagehttps://vimeo.com/182078759

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Monty wrote:
Blade wrote:Tbh I'm thinking of leaving my phone off in the hotel and dealing with it all tomorrow (sweat)
Phone off mate, and smile nicely would be my advise
+1
You can't change the result by knowing about it, so IMHO you should just presume that it's a good outcome for you & confirm that tomorrow.
Besides, a wise man recently pointed out:
Blade wrote:......Time will tell I guess, but Im refusing to worry about it........
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

TonyB wrote:Been to test ride a Triumph Street Twin. Bloody loved it. I think it's more 'me' than the StreetR. Brilliant bit of kit.....
Cool looking bit of kit TB, but with std forks, single front disk, Steel tubing frame etc.. I'm surprised that it felt preferable .?
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

StMarks wrote:
Monty wrote:
Blade wrote:Tbh I'm thinking of leaving my phone off in the hotel and dealing with it all tomorrow (sweat)
Phone off mate, and smile nicely would be my advise
+1
You can't change the result by knowing about it, so IMHO you should just presume that it's a good outcome for you & confirm that tomorrow.
Besides, a wise man recently pointed out:
Blade wrote:......Time will tell I guess, but Im refusing to worry about it........
He's not here StMarks, think he's down the road joining the Salvation Army
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade

Post by Blade »

Not heard about the job. Not sure if that's good or bad tbh. Apparently next Friday now as there is complications whatever that may mean.

Time will tell I guess. Im just going to put it to the back of my mind and enjoy the weekend with my family. Hopefully get over to Oulton BSB one day and maybe Southport airshow if the weather improves.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Haha perhaps I should Monty (lol)

I had 15 quid on me last night at the end and a nice warm hotel room to sleep in. I d walked past the homless guy on the way in and gave him a fiver. I felt bad and you never know where life can take you and Im sure he wasnt sleeping on the street by choice. I went back out with 2 beers had a chat and gave what money I had left to the homeless guy who was perhaps the least selfish person I ve met.
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

StMarks wrote:
TonyB wrote:Been to test ride a Triumph Street Twin. Bloody loved it. I think it's more 'me' than the StreetR. Brilliant bit of kit.....
Cool looking bit of kit TB, but with std forks, single front disk, Steel tubing frame etc.. I'm surprised that it felt preferable .?
Horses for courses, StM. I'm not really a balls out fast rider to be honest. The brakes worked great and I felt more relaxed riding it than I do on the STR the suspension was softer than the Street but suited the roads and my riding style. I spoke to Megan about buying it. Her response was "I couldn't give a toss to be honest. Now come here and let me blow you". Well the second sentence was in my imagination but it's nice to have dreams.

Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

HAHA do it dude, whatever makes you happy.

Personally not for me. I like bikes that scare the shit out of me, cripple my back and make my wrists ache!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Traveling back south! Been out since 10 been clogged up on the M6 I flipping hate traffic my missus is now driving this stint I'll take over at the M40 hopefully the traffic would of improved by then!!
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Wow......is TonyB getting old or what???

Are you getting a sidecar added to that mate?? Be great for those two old ladies who have that cooking show.

That's a threesome just waiting to happen, that is.
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Not getting old D, just a more sedate ride that's all. I could never not have a bike.
I'm sure one of those fat old biker ladies are dead now, you know. Maybe both...

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Taking life easy today. Sometimes it's rewarding doing very little.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Buried in paperwork this morning, then a half day hol for doctors and dentists appts this afternoon, it makes a pleasant change to be home at a normal time on a Friday like normal people. (Whoever they are)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

TonyB wrote: I spoke to Megan about buying it. Her response was "I couldn't give a toss to be honest. Now come here and let me blow you". Well the second sentence was in my imagination but it's nice to have dreams.
(lol)

Biking is about enjoyment, if you are going to enjoy that bike, go for it. I reckon it looks pretty cool actually.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

kiwikrasher wrote:
TonyB wrote: I spoke to Megan about buying it. Her response was "I couldn't give a toss to be honest. Now come here and let me blow you". Well the second sentence was in my imagination but it's nice to have dreams.
(lol)

Biking is about enjoyment, if you are going to enjoy that bike, go for it. I reckon it looks pretty cool actually.
Kiwi is on the money with this one, nothing wrong with change - it's the natural order of things.

I rode a Bonneville Scrambler yrs back and loved it, it didn't go, handle or brake compared to my 675 but it was great fun - and that's why we ride bikes. If you like it more than your STR buy it and enjoy it Tony.
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

I paid the holding deposit and collect it next weekend. Gives me a week to remove all the bling from my StreetR. Should make a few quid, Arrow 3-1, QS, Arrow rear sets, Ohlins shock and various other bits and bobs.

Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

TonyB wrote:I paid the holding deposit and collect it next weekend. Gives me a week to remove all the bling from my StreetR. Should make a few quid, Arrow 3-1, QS, Arrow rear sets, Ohlins shock and various other bits and bobs.

Nice one mate,, the bike looks great :)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Family day out at Oulton Park for BSB.

The lads are absolutely flying in qualifying.
First 7 riders in Q2 have gone under the existing lap record.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Got to praise the facilities at Oulton Park.

Free wifi and skyports HD in the bar with thr local Derby game on.