Post referendum

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: Post referendum

Post by duke63 »

Monty wrote:
Deegee wrote:
Monty wrote:Very true Duke, but I've spent the the last 20 years either working for or negotiating with Spanish, French, Itailian, British and German companies. The Germans are in my experience by far the most difficult to deal with and least trustworthy.

To be fair though they do have beer vending machines on the shop floor, which is great.
Weird how we've had opposite experiences Monty, I've worked in most of the European countries over the last 25yrs, and as I pointed out above found the Germans pretty good - even if they are psychologically incapable of admitting they've made a mistake.

The beer has been removed from the shop floor in our factory near Nürnberg, it's only available in the canteen now, and horror of horrors, there's an alcohol free beer in there too. Lots of muttering about that in the ranks apparently. |(
I think it depends at what level (their level) you work at. Seems the higher you go up the more **** you get. Very hierarchical.

The French Engineers are great to work with really enjoyed my visits to John Deere. Although you do have to factor an extra half an hour into the day just for shaking hands!
No kissing?
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

duke63 wrote:No kissing?
Lots, but she was French Canadian, and related to the CEO.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I see the Prime Minister has said a a points style system for immigration wouldn't work.

She's also confirmed that the NHS isn't getting any more money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37271420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suspect this is going to be a drawn out affair.
Monty

Post by Monty »

This is why Boris is Foreign Minister, she needs a scapegoat when it all goes tits up!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

Kwacky wrote:She's also confirmed that the NHS isn't getting any more money.
How anyone actually believed that from any Tory is beyond me
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

People did. The NHS is in a state, so blaming immigrants for using it and the EU for diverting funds away from it was a great way to get people on the "Leave" bandwagon.
Monty

Post by Monty »

The NHS is in a state because it's being purposefully underfunded by a Tory government that wants to privatise it. New Labour started the process by introducing PFI and privatising services like catering, laundry etc but the Tories will finish it.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Monty wrote:The NHS is in a state because it's being purposefully underfunded by a Tory government that wants to privatise it. New Labour started the process by introducing PFI and privatising services like catering, laundry etc but the Tories will finish it.
Totally agree Monty, the NHS is being privatised by the back door.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Don't forget that the NHS is short of cash, so they made a loads of managers redundant.

Then paid them an average of £100k at a total cost in the region of £2bn (facepalm).

Then rehired some of them (facepalm) (facepalm)

Almost £2 billion has been paid to NHS managers in redundancy settlements since the government began its health service reforms, figures show.

More than 3,000 health bosses have been given payouts of more than £100,000, with almost 500 paid above £200,000, “astonishing” data reveals.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nhs-b ... -86v6j3s80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty

Post by Monty »

It's not perfect, but it's ours and not theirs to sell off to their mates
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

The Huff sums it up quite nicely. One guy actually admitted voting out to keep Muslims out. You couldn't make it up!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/6 ... ygt4xcg14i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

But that's just one guy....that's not representative. If it were the majority, then THAT would be news...but as a result, not as newsworthy.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

the Government is starving all sectors of money be it policing, health, law, social services.

It will be interesting to see if the Governments stance on leaving the EU changes when they come under pressure from the financial institutions. Lloyds Insurance have already said today they are considering moving elsewhere in the EU dependent on the trade agreement reached with Europe and if Londin loses its financial passporting ability as a result there will be a mass exodus of banks and financial institutions from London. Like them or not they still provide 7% of all government tax income and employ nearly half a million people whose average earnings are way above the national average.
Monty

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:But that's just one guy....that's not representative. If it were the majority, then THAT would be news...but as a result, not as newsworthy.
Agreed, but I suspect that as the vote was so close if we took away the xenophobic, racist and moronic votes we'd still be in the EU.

I'm not having a pop at anyone that voted out by the way, unless you are a xenophobic racist moron (lol)
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

duke63 wrote:the Government is starving all sectors of money be it policing, health, law, social services.

It will be interesting to see if the Governments stance on leaving the EU changes when they come under pressure from the financial institutions. Lloyds Insurance have already said today they are considering moving elsewhere in the EU dependent on the trade agreement reached with Europe and if Londin loses its financial passporting ability as a result there will be a mass exodus of banks and financial institutions from London. Like them or not they still provide 7% of all government tax income and employ nearly half a million people whose average earnings are way above the national average.

What does "financial passporting ability" mean?? (happy)
duke63

Post by duke63 »

D41 wrote:
duke63 wrote:the Government is starving all sectors of money be it policing, health, law, social services.

What does "financial passporting ability" mean?? (happy)
https://www.dlapiper.com/en/uk/insights ... ly/brexit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty

Post by Monty »

StMarks wrote:
Monty wrote:The NHS is in a state because it's being purposefully underfunded by a Tory government that wants to privatise it. New Labour started the process by introducing PFI and privatising services like catering, laundry etc but the Tories will finish it.
Totally agree Monty, the NHS is being privatised by the back door.
Every now and then one of them shows their true colours

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk ... g-our.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

True colors??

Oh....I frickin' LOVE that song!

Cyndi Lauper rocks!!

I like the idea of privatising this stuff. I want people to be well reimbursed for the work they do, rather than rely on their 'moral goodness', or whatever.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I think most people would just prefer a better NHS that puts the patient first regardless of who is running it. Unfortunately it tries to be all things to all people and ends up being a compromise for most of what it does. It needs some honesty from all sides as to what can or can't do and should or shouldn't do for the public.
D41

Post by D41 »

Isn't that always going to be the case though...a compromise?? And even that is entirely dependent upon the stance one takes in regards to the issues at hand.

The NHS is ALWAYS going to be playing a game of 'catch-up'...there's no two ways about it.