CCTV

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Re: CCTV

Post by TonyB »

D41 wrote:Those AC130 Spectre Gunships are a brutal piece of hardware.

I want one.
Saw one in action after a hairy 8 hour firefight in Afghanistan. Brutal is a good word to describe it. It's a tank in the sky. Apache was impressive but my fave was an A-10 that was called in for fire support. The noise of the 30mm chain gun was **** haunting. Wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of any to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I bet the sound you get watching them on a video doesn't do them any sort of justice.

I do like the Warthog - simple design and very effective at what it does (or did)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

I want one of those especially for the scumbag whose dog takes a dump on my front lawn most weeks, I've haven't seen who it is yet, but even paintballs would give them a proper scare!

Not sure my Postie would appreciate it though.....
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

This is what you want Deegee.

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=2964" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

12 bore shotgun blank cartridge wired up to a trip wire. Nothing will ever sh1t on your lawn again (lol)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Tbh a scare like that is enough to make most things with legs take an involuntary dump - not quite the effect I was looking for, but I like your style Blade!
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Deegee wrote:I want one of those especially for the scumbag whose dog takes a dump on my front lawn most weeks, I've haven't seen who it is yet, but even paintballs would give them a proper scare!

Not sure my Postie would appreciate it though.....
I had that happening a few years back at my old house. Finally saw a dog taking a crap and then wander back to its house. Knocked on the door and asked if they knew their dog was roaming loose. Got told they didn't care, it wouldn't hurt anyone. I told them it had been crapping on my lawn constantly. Reply was what do you want me too do about it? I politely replied "nothing. But now I know where the dog lives, I'll bring his crap back for you and leave it in your letterbox so it's convenient for you to dispose of" and walked off

Dog never crapped on the lawn again (giggle)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Had something similar a while back....went to talk to the neighbour in question & about three lads came piling out of the house.

Surprising really, that even with a steel hip, I'm still pretty good in the zero-to-my-front-door-dash. :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

A bike near me was nicked last night and someone lifted up the cover on my bike.

My neighbours are away until the new year so I'm going to get a gate fitted. I'm certainly not getting another bike until I'm happy with the security outside my house.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:A bike near me was nicked last night and someone lifted up the cover on my bike.

My neighbours are away until the new year so I'm going to get a gate fitted. I'm certainly not getting another bike until I'm happy with the security outside my house.
Thats a bit worrying. Good job you chain it.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:I bet the sound you get watching them on a video doesn't do them any sort of justice.

I do like the Warthog - simple design and very effective at what it does (or did)
The Warthog is the perfect example of function over form...IIRC they have to have decent air cover to operate effectively, or they're too much of a sitting ducking, if memory serves.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:A bike near me was nicked last night and someone lifted up the cover on my bike.

It's good you have an option of being able to fit a gate. Definitely a wise move.

I saw a car eyeing up people's cars/ bikes the other day. They were on European plates (spanish) and I thought at first they were visiting our neighbours as we now have alot of Polish and Lithuanians it wouldnt surprise me if we have spanish as well around our area in the past 3 years. I watched them drive up our road and just assumed this. I was talking to someone and I took a look at the passenger he was jotting down things in his phone while looking about. As they drove off I thought and said that didn't feel right and drove off following them they did the same to another road and they realised I followed them and i lost them as I was behind other cars. I didn't get the plates as by the time.i realised what they were doing I was having to pull.in for parked cars with traffic coming my way think they scarpered pretty quickly. We know there's some thieves around the area again as we've had problems. Whether it was them coming over testing the area again I don't know
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Another visit last nights from potential bike thieves. Part of my cover was lifted up. Thankfully I put a chain around both ends of the cover so it can't be lifted far. The bit that was pushed up over the exhaust would have revealed the two 19mm chains in place, which was hopefully enough to put them off.

I have struggled to find a decent CCTV system that can get good enough images at night to be used as evidence for under a grand.

I have also struggled to find a gate supplier and fitter in Birmingham but thankfully I've got a man coming round tomorrow morning.

I'm taking Blade's approach to the gate. Bollocks to the owners of the house next door, my bike security comes first. I'll get it fitted to my side of the wall and have it swing both ways (phnar) so I can get in and out of the front path.

It f**ks me off that people think they can come along and view your property as being something they're entitled to steal.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Annoying I agree and thieves should have there hands chopped off, simple as IMO.

CCTV is easily defeated by wearing a hoodie. I think your best option is a gate and chain and ground anchor which you already have. Perhaps a disc lock alarm or similar.

The principle of marking it diffuclt through being noisey and time consuming to steal will hopefully make them look elsewhere.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

There's a disc lock on the front which also holds the front part of the cover down. Plus I've got a brake lever lock.

I've just ordered one of those Xena alarm disc locks. They get excellent reviews and are said to be near impossible to break. 120db should wake me up.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Xena is excellent I spent a fair few quid on mine and it is faultless (well apart from the alarm module which seemed to get a little messed up through these cold months and did give up but after 3 years of outside ownership I think it did well. I bought a new module and off I went again!! Their worth the money in my opinion
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That's good to hear, thanks Rossgo.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Inhibited it from being lifted I.e secure to solid mounting point not something that could be cut like a railing etc...

Solid 19mm chain off the ground so can't be attacked with a sledge hammer and a noisy alarm are as effective as you can be.

If they want it they will take it you just have to make your bike the least preferable in your area is the ugly truth of the matter.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Yep, that's the approach I've taken. It's a pain in the backside to put all of the locks and chains on it but hopefully there's enough there to make them realise it's got enough security on it. It's a mix of 4 types of locks and 3 types of chain, plus a ground anchor, alarm and immobiliser.

It may well be the same thieves doing the rounds. They could be checking to see if I've been sloppy one night and not put all of the security on the bike.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

That sounds like a good set up there Kwacky
Blade

Post by Blade »

A Sold secure padlock on the gate will be effective also. Anything to slow them down helps.