Ebay Scam

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Ebay Scam

Post by Blade »

Is this a ebay scam or am I just being paranoid.

Bought an item a week ago and paid immediately. Then I got a message asking if I d paid and which paypal account had I paid as he was having issues with paypal.

I replied I just hit the pay now button so money transfered to which ever paypal account you have linked to your ebay account as is normal practice.

Item has arrived and is as described.

Ebay seller is now saying he has had no payment. He states he thinks the issue lies with paypal and is happy I'm not trying to fiddle him. He is asking me to cancel the original paypal payment and he will manually invoice me for the goods.

Am I just being very paranoid and the seller is having genuine issues or is this a clever scam of some decription ?
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Ebay Scam

Post by D41 »

Is it an overseas payment?? I seem to recall sometimes they can take 36 hours to register. In fact, if memory serves, it was for your frickin' stuff!!!

Seriously.....it took a while, I'm almost certain of it....but I put it down to the time-difference or something. I didn't pay it any mind at the time because I knew it was from you so bona-fide, but it does stick in my mind. (unlike most other things).
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Leave it as it is. If he thought you hadn't paid why send the goods out? If he's really got an issue he can take it up with eBay and PayPal.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I'm with Kwacky. I'm unsure why he is going through you surely 1. He wouldnt of sent the goods over and 2. It would be easier to talk to the Company that deal with it all if he's having issues?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Cheers lads. Good advice. I will just ignore it and let him deal with paypal to be safe.