Florida shooting

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Florida shooting

Post by Kwacky »

D41 wrote:Those that have them legally...well, that's the law and that's pretty much the end of it. Most crimes of this nature are carried out by weapons procured illegally.
Sadly this guy had his legally. One of the rifles used has been banned in other states as it has been used in other mass shootings.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

C00kiemonster wrote:
D41 wrote:
Perkles wrote:I'm very happy that you don't go round shooting people,why does getting shot give you any more knowledge on why your country has such a bad gun problem.A young lady was also shot dead in cold blood this week by some nutter in the good old USA ,if you don't think your country has a gun problem your blinkered
You're very happy??....you don't sound like it.

You're right, I have absolutely no idea what I'm on about, I've only lived here for nearly thirty years...what on Earth would I have gleaned in that brief period?? You of course, have a huge knowledge of the place from NYPD Blue and 'COPS'.....I'll bow to your vastly superior experience on life (& death) in the USA.

PS....say Hi to the Queen for me!! (lol)
Most people in any country don't go round shooting people but even statistically the mass availability of guns and assault rifles especially must lead to more deaths. The stats in the US do bear this out.

When kids in cars can open mommy's handbag and accidentally shoot mommy dead there is definitely a problem (which has happened more than once).

No one is saying its like the wild west in America, but does everyone who chooses to really need to carry a gun?
Odd....I thought that's exactly what people were saying.

And again...still no words expressed by anyone for the victims. Seriously....I'm genuinely disappointed.

Yeah....stats will say whatever you want them to.... bottom line - our country, our rules.

A country which experienced a civil war in which both sides were armed by the British (smart move, BTW).

If the intent is there, it's easy to kill or maim someone...with a firearm, or even with one's bare hands.

Usual vibe though really....one thing goes wrong here and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. If everyone is so anti-gun, why aren't they like that all the time....why wait until AFTER something tragic has occurred...?
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Routine, routine, routine!!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yca-uwxCsWg[/video]
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote: Usual vibe though really....one thing goes wrong here and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. If everyone is so anti-gun, why aren't they like that all the time....why wait until AFTER something tragic has occurred...?
Capture.JPG
yeah, just the one time eh?

It's not being about anti-gun but pro better gun control.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D41 wrote:
Odd....I thought that's exactly what people were saying.

And again...still no words expressed by anyone for the victims. Seriously....I'm genuinely disappointed.

Yeah....stats will say whatever you want them to.... bottom line - our country, our rules.

A country which experienced a civil war in which both sides were armed by the British (smart move, BTW).

If the intent is there, it's easy to kill or maim someone...with a firearm, or even with one's bare hands.

Usual vibe though really....one thing goes wrong here and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. If everyone is so anti-gun, why aren't they like that all the time....why wait until AFTER something tragic has occurred...?
its the norm in america for mass shootings so its not just one thing going wrong ,your country your rules very true but the rules clearly arent working are they
nobody wants to see this happening hence the uproar and yes I feel sincerely sorry for the victims and families involved in these tragic events
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

What's depressing is that is seems fine to want to ban Muslims from entering the country, fine to ban drugs, fine to tell women they can't have abortions, fine to have access to everyones' social media, but dare limit the access to firearms and everyone is outraged about it.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

build a wall that should help
D41

Post by D41 »

It's not normal at all...if it were you wouldn't be making an issue out of it.
OR...there'd be threads like this nearly every day.

But if murder is your idea of 'normal' them sobeit.

-------------------------------------------------

The right to bear arms is in The Constitution.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D41 wrote:It's not normal at all...if it were you wouldn't be making an issue out of it.

so whats your ideas on how to stop these murders and shootings ?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I sincerely hope that everyone in a position of power, and that includes heads of religions, takes a good look at their stance and attitude towards the LGBT community.

I'm pretty sure that any God would prefer to see men holding hands than men holding guns.
D41

Post by D41 »

Perkles wrote:
D41 wrote:It's not normal at all...if it were you wouldn't be making an issue out of it.

so whats your ideas on how to stop these murders and shootings ?
Mine??

None.... if someone is determined to kill people then that is what will happen, plain and simple. A proliferation of weapons can only exacerbate matters, But they're there, and they're not going to disappear anytime soon....you just can't turn back the clock.
I'm reminded of the US Secret Service, who's main job is dealing with currency forgery (most of which is done outside US borders)...they recruit captured forgers to try and get inside their minds....undercover cops, same thing.
Very fine line between the two sides. Or maybe a border...two sides of the fence and each side guarding it from the other, etc.

And in this instance, once someone is willing/determined to sacrifice their own life in the process there's nothing much that can be done, unfortunately.

'Cept break out the weapons and get some "live practice" in!! YESSSSSS!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Like D41 said its in the constitution. I remember my mate Coming back over to the UK from the US for a military course so we met down the pub and we talked about having a gun. He was saying on his street everyone has a gun in their gun cupboard, it's just the norm, it protects your family, over here we have nothing to protect ourselves with, he found it strange. (This is going back a fair few years now) but I guess it would be the same in his eyes. I hate the idea that people would have access to a gun, how messed up would that be, just knowing the person next door could blow your head off if you pissed them off!! No way not into civilians having guns, only farmers in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

yeee haaa get a gun
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATGdlxh2PIg[/video]
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Firstly My deepest sympathy's go out to anyone involved in this incident

If you believe that someone who has an intent to kill with there bare hands can kill 50 people in an enclosed environment you watch to many Steven Seagal movies. America makes it's self an easy target by allowing everyone access to firearms. What i find disturbing is the attitude of if He has a stick ill get a bigger stick just in case he attacks me. The only people that benefit are the gun manufacturers. How can you be so naive to see that there not thinking of YOUR safety but profits. If they were that concerned they would not have let the gun man buy a gun in the first palace but they are more than willing to take his money.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Lots of rumours suggesting that this guy was previously seen in gay bars. Either he was casing a place to hit or he was a closet homosexual.
D41

Post by D41 »

rocket wrote:Firstly My deepest sympathy's go out to anyone involved in this incident

If you believe that someone who has an intent to kill with there bare hands can kill 50 people in an enclosed environment you watch to many Steven Seagal movies. America makes it's self an easy target by allowing everyone access to firearms. What i find disturbing is the attitude of if He has a stick ill get a bigger stick just in case he attacks me. The only people that benefit are the gun manufacturers. How can you be so naive to see that there not thinking of YOUR safety but profits. If they were that concerned they would not have let the gun man buy a gun in the first palace but they are more than willing to take his money.

I don't watch any Steven Seagal movies, and I'm far from naive.

Again...the right to bear arms is in The Constitution. It's legal for arms manufacturers to build a weapon. And of course they are thinking of profits.....I don't know of a business model that operates under any other auspices. Also, they could not sell weapons if the demand was not there.

The "bigger stick" theory is nice, but flawed....fully automatic weapons are WAAAY illegal. Semi-automatic are perfectly acceptable (and very nice, too!). Revolvers are a POS.
D41

Post by D41 »

Anyway.....doesn't Steven always karate-chop the feck out of people instead of using a weapon??
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Maybe you need a. New constitution
D41

Post by D41 »

Nooooooo!

That is hallowed and sacred ground....no-one touches the Constitution. You can add to it, bit you can't take away.

Anyway.....as mentioned....if everyone has one...or at least the potential to have one, surely the term 'mutually assured destruction' should apply??

I know when I drive anywhere, I don't have to lock my car door, or chain the feck out of my bike just so I can go to work. There's pro & cons to everything.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote: I know when I drive anywhere, I don't have to lock my car door, or chain the feck out of my bike just so I can go to work. There's pro & cons to everything.
Because you're allow to shoot someone if you find them stealing your car or bike?

Somehow I don't think so.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.