In, out or shake it all about?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.

Stay or leave the EU

Stay in the EU
33%
Leave the EU
46%
Couldn't give a toss
21%

Total votes: 24

Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: In, out or shake it all about?

Post by Perkles »

the problem is nobody believes cameron anymore because hes a slime ball
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

They all are. I don't trust any of them.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

While I actually agreed with what they said, I'm not sure putting Major and Blair on a stage together was a good idea for remain. Plus Brown did a great video, but who's going to listen to him? It's almost sabotage!

They need to get the youth vote out, it's their future. We'll (most of us) be gone in 30 years!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:Both sides have gone very personal in their attacks. It's gone very scrappy. I can see the Brexit side starting to win this....
It seems to me that they constantly play the immigration card, as if a vote to leave is a vote that will end any immigration issues that concern people.??

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The immigration issue is a winner - because most people won't look beyond what they're told.

According to social media, if we leave the EU, no one will want to try and get into this country any more. The camps at Calais will empty as migrants find out that the UK is no longer a member state.

Who has got the heart to tell those who think that way that we've still got deals in place allowing those from former commonwealth countries to come here?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I'm so fed up of all this propaganda crap. I have cast my vote. Some may think I'm stupid others won't. It's not for anyone to judge, everyone has their own opinions to the situations that come up, that's the beauty of this world that we live in. Some people don't have our life to be able to choose, I have chosen because I can. I say out , whether people agree with me or not that's my opinion. I just read something on FB saying if we leave we will be drawn into a flipping war with the Europe, what BS is that!! We won't just start a bloody war!! Its getting out of hand all this crap!!

We won't just crumble down if we don't stay with the EU AMD then again we won't crumble down with them, either way we will be safe because everything won't just stop!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Monty

Post by Monty »

Rossgo wrote:I'm so fed up of all this propaganda crap.
That I can agree with that. (giggle)

With a few exceptions both sided have done an absolutely sh!te job of it. It appears we are not capable of debate in this country.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

Love him or loath him (cue the gold comments) I think Gordon sums it up best, and a positive message for once.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPX9MLALjAE[/video]
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Monty wrote:
Rossgo wrote:I'm so fed up of all this propaganda crap.
That I can agree with that. (giggle)

With a few exceptions both sided have done an absolutely sh!te job of it. It appears we are not capable of debate in this country.
Well bloody said!! Just doing my nut in,, they keep coming out without secrets like there Willie a EU Army instead of a British Army etc, is this true, I haven't even read any of that crap because all I can think off is it would be like a NATO or UN situation, and also a pledge for a EU president. Oh god, I just want them to shut the fcuk up. Why do this. Show us facts or don't bother at all. It's almost turning into a joke all of this in my opinion, like its us or them

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Monty wrote:Love him or loath him (cue the gold comments) I think Gordon sums it up best, and a positive message for once. [video],,,,,
I realise that it illustrates an inherent flaw of mine, but listening to him I couldn't help thinking of this.:
"in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock...."
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Yeah.

And Swiss chocolate.
And the Swiss Guard.
And Swiss Army sh*t you can spend wads of cash on.
And Swiss banks you can hide your stolen Nazi loot in.
And Swiss chocolate.
And the International Red Cross....the flag of which is of course merely the Swiss flag in reverse.
And Swiss chocolate.
Monty

Post by Monty »

StMarks wrote:
Monty wrote:Love him or loath him (cue the gold comments) I think Gordon sums it up best, and a positive message for once. [video],,,,,
I realise that it illustrates an inherent flaw of mine, but listening to him I couldn't help thinking of this.:
"in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock...."
Switzerland had one of the most powerful and feared armies in Europe and Italy didnt even exist as a country until the 19th century.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Well yes....but you could say that about almost any country, as they are constantly "in flux" in that regard.
The issue becomes more relevant when a change occurs...but that changeover period seldom lasts more than a lifetime, giving ample opportunity for younger generations to adapt to changing circumstance or simply to treat them as the norm..which is what they are in a purely practical sense.

Just look at the changes that have occurred in the last 60 years or so that you yourself have been alive????
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Monty wrote:.....Switzerland had one of the most powerful and feared armies in Europe and Italy didnt even exist as a country until the 19th century.
(giggle) Please don't take my posts so literally mate... (Oh, & does the Roman Empire not count.? )
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Monty wrote:Love him or loath him (cue the gold comments) I think Gordon sums it up best, and a positive message for once.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPX9MLALjAE[/video]

That's the best video I have seen from either side. A positive message saying why we should remain.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Worth a read if anyone is undecided.

https://medium.com/@williamgadsbypeet/p ... .kqu82lv8r" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

A guy at work who seems quite knowledgable on the subject told me we pay 20 billion into the EU annually to get 10 billion back out. This doesn't sound good to me and is even worse when I'm told the 50% cash return can only be spent in areas Brussels tells us. We are not free to choose where we need to spend this money. Sounds a sh1t deal to me.

Can't remember what act he quoted but he also told me if we don't vote out (if that's what people decide) this time we won't get the chance again as we will be committed to being signed up and another referendum won't be possible.

Apparently the Euro currency is all but failed and the only reason Germany insist on propping it up is their economy is so strong they wouldn't be able to export any goods if they had their own currency so their keen for the euro experiment to continue.

Is this true
Monty

Post by Monty »

Must be, especially if a knowledgable guy at work said it
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

This is a genuine question and not me making a political statement.

I genuinely don't have the answer but would welcome hearing comments from some of the more well informed people posting on here.

What will these countries contribute to the EU ? Will we and other strong economy's not just be supporting and propping up weaker member states ?

Countries about to join te EU ?

Albania.
Macedonia.
Montenegro.
Serbia.
Turkey.
Western Balkans policy.
Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Kosovo.
Last edited by Blade on 12 Jun 2016, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
Monty

Post by Monty »

No one knows dude, nobody. It's all speculation
Monty™© MCMLXXII