Tit for Tat at the borders

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Tit for Tat at the borders

Post by Kwacky »

https://medium.com/@rachelnabors/wtfuk- ... .5ppb4m6na" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok, it's a long read, but it's worth it to see what happens at border control. I know that the US has rejection quotas to hit to prove that the TSA is doing its job. I hadn't realised that the UK and other countries decided to retaliate.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Tit for Tat at the borders

Post by D41 »

Is it really retaliation??

The lassie sounds a bit insecure, and traveling single as she appears to have been doing, she fits the profile for someone up to nefarious going's on.,,,people traveling with their family aren't typically smuggling 15Kg. of cocaine across the an international border.
"Quotas"....I'd dispute that..this is one of those myths that is similarly applied/misconstrued to be in other areas of law enforcement and totally misunderstood.......You're out all month in a patrol unit and you've only made three arrests....then what the feck ARE you doing????? The crime rate hasn't mysteriously gone down to zero overnight when you went on shift, has it??

Don't like the security measure another country adopts/enforces....DON'T GO THERE!! It's as simple as that.

She needs to get laid...but judging by the looks of her that's not about to happen anytime in her lifetime.

Miss Thing needs to get a life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Empathic as always.
D41

Post by D41 »

LOL....it's international travel. Most of us, if not all on here have done it at some point.
Mine is usually a pretty long haul affair....you just figure that you lose a day doing it...whether that be on a plane, in an airport or a taxi, train, renting some fecked up Rover when they told you it'd be a minivan, etc......it amounts to a day all told...'specially with the gajillion hour time change, which can really feck your body-clock up.

This is why God invented airport bars.

And strip searches. Bastard.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

I thought it was a pretty balanced account from her point of view. She had a legitimate reason for entering the UK and had done due diligence in ensuring all her documents were in order. She never once lost it at the immigrations Officers and I think she had every right to feel upset about her treatment.

By your logic D41 she should have not been surprised of put out by being turned away purely because " traveling single as she appears to have been doing, she fits the profile for someone up to nefarious going's on.,,,people traveling with their family aren't typically smuggling 15Kg. of cocaine across the an international border." (fubar) (fubar)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:LOL....it's international travel. Most of us, if not all on here have done it at some point.
HAHA Most of us do it 2 or 3 times a year! Did I read somewhere that only 1 in 10 Americans have a passport? Probably for the best.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/0 ... 33399.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently not????

And why would it be for the best?? US Citizens represent a HUGE proportion of the UK tourist industry's income...you don't like us but you don't mind our money?? Or our NFL game....another large influx of $$$$.

And let's not forget, we don't actually NEED a passport for much of US foreign travel.....don't need one for Canada, don't need one for Mexico....although I think there's a mileage restriction or something insofar as how far/deep you are allowed to travel over the border. I know I didn't bother with mine when I went down to Mexico...why buy something that you don't need??...it serves no purpose whatsoever.

Like a car that you never drive or sommit?? Oh...forget I wrote that.

What are the restrictions on foreign travel around the one big happy EU??...just an ID, correct....I think??
Monty

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/0 ... 33399.html

Apparently not????

And why would it be for the best?? US Citizens represent a HUGE proportion of the UK tourist industry's income...you don't like us but you don't mind our money?? Or our NFL game....another large influx of $$$$.

And let's not forget, we don't actually NEED a passport for much of US foreign travel.....don't need one for Canada, don't need one for Mexico....although I think there's a mileage restriction or something insofar as how far/deep you are allowed to travel over the border. I know I didn't bother with mine when I went down to Mexico...why buy something that you don't need??...it serves no purpose whatsoever.

Like a car that you never drive or sommit?? Oh...forget I wrote that.

What are the restrictions on foreign travel around the one big happy EU??...just an ID, correct....I think??
It's that dark area that scares the sh!t out of me
image.jpeg
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

That "dark" area is "Missippi" (Ebonic slang)....and is more than just dark on a map...it's very dark from an ethnic standpoint,....three times the national average (or thereabouts) for blacks in the USA as a whole.
By inference alone it also means it's very low income...it's one of the lowest in the US as far as median household income goes, if memory serves.

"Vacationing for the winter in Stadt" is not a top priority among most people there. Luxury items like bread are.
Monty

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:That "dark" area is "Missippi" (Ebonic slang)....and is more than just dark on a map...it's very dark from an ethnic standpoint,....three times the national average (or thereabouts) for blacks in the USA as a whole.
By inference alone it also means it's very low income...it's one of the lowest in the US as far as median household income goes, if memory serves.

"Vacationing for the winter in Stadt" is not a top priority among most people there. Luxury items like bread are.
Thank god for that, I thought it was the Bible belt! Sequel little piggy!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:I thought it was a pretty balanced account from her point of view. She had a legitimate reason for entering the UK and had done due diligence in ensuring all her documents were in order. She never once lost it at the immigrations Officers and I think she had every right to feel upset about her treatment.

By your logic D41 she should have not been surprised of put out by being turned away purely because " traveling single as she appears to have been doing, she fits the profile for someone up to nefarious going's on.,,,people traveling with their family aren't typically smuggling 15Kg. of cocaine across the an international border." (fubar) (fubar)
Of course it's "balanced" from her point of view...what else would she write?? AND....how do we know she "never lost it"???....because she says so??

Another country, another set of rules...don't like it, don't go. She found out the hard way. Tough.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:I thought it was a pretty balanced account from her point of view. She had a legitimate reason for entering the UK and had done due diligence in ensuring all her documents were in order. She never once lost it at the immigrations Officers and I think she had every right to feel upset about her treatment.

Of course it's "balanced" from her point of view...what else would she write?? AND....how do we know she "never lost it"???....because she says so??

Another country, another set of rules...don't like it, don't go. She found out the hard way. Tough.
What i was trying to point out she did her best to follow the rules. Nothing different in fact to the last time and she entered with no problems. But what do I know, I only travel overseas every time I go to work and back, as a single person, so I must be a drug smuggler. I must find where that 15kg of cocaine is once I finish my nefarious going's ons.
D41

Post by D41 »

So she wasted all that time writing a PITA account of something that probably took ten minutes or so to go through??

Her best to follow the rules wasn't good enough...or maybe it was, and they just felt like singling her out at random...end result is the same.
It's their place of work, their job, and their business to be suspicious of people...anyone at all.

It's the same old story....."There's never a cop around when you need one!"....juxtaposed with the usual "Can't believe I got nabbed for only 10mph over the speed limit!!" (An admission of guilt).

You can't have it both ways. And you can't have too much security, but you sure as feck can have too little.

And you ask "But what do I know"?? My job is in that field....so I'm guessing not as much as I do. Hopefully. Or I'm fecked.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

D41 wrote:So she wasted all that time writing a PITA account of something that probably took ten minutes or so to go through??
I stopped reading at this point. You've clearly not read the article.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote: And you ask "But what do I know"?? My job is in that field....so I'm guessing not as much as I do. Hopefully. Or I'm fecked.
D41 wrote:plus 30 years as a mechanic
So, let me get this straight, you were a mechanic for 30 yrs, a carpet layer for at least 5 yrs I know of, and now you are in Border security.

So even if you left school at 15 that makes you at least 50 now..... or just full of shite.
D41

Post by D41 »

Carpet layer/fitter/installer/mechanic....it's just trade talk, that's all....they all apply depending on the country (fitter in the UK) and/or commercial/residential work that you do.

No different really from Law Enforcement Officer/Police Officer/Deputy/Marshall, etc.

Close to 50....49....is that OK??
D41

Post by D41 »

And no...not Border Security....other stuff.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »