What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

What are you doing today ??

Post by TonyB »

Hahaha. I did ask Si about the dyno tuning I wanted doing but he's too busy with WSB and TT prep so I'll take it to T3.

Oh and the the filter was from someone on 675.cc. Cleaned and oiled and ready to go!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Perkles »

tune ecu is great I mapped my rc8 with it and turned off the stupid lambda sensors,it ran perfectly afterwards
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

fed and watered the spiders
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Driving bloody miles again in my loaner car.... as mine is in having some work done....a Fiat 500 is fun, but not the miles I have been doing recently, everyone is out to get me lol......

And I am knackered, it takes it out of you
Right off to Newmarket now :)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Picked up the new wagon today. Pretty happy with it, but the steering felt a bit weird so once I got home checked the tyre pressures. They were down a bit, but as I was inflating them I spotted a bigger problem. The bloody Tyres were breaking up! They have gone hard and brittle. I'd say some one had better rims and tyres on it and removed them and fitted the originals to trade it in, but by then the rubber was old. Just a guess.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I've booked it in to get 4 new tyres tomorrow. The dealer was shocked but too his credit has said they'll organise a Cheque for the value of 4 Tyres that they would fit (I'm going for 70/30 road/off-road Yokohamas) so that should cover about 80% of my costs and I'll have brand new good quality rubber on the thing. Not a bad outcome. The current tyres were 50-60% worn anyway.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

kiwikrasher wrote:Picked up the new wagon today. Pretty happy with it, but the steering felt a bit weird so once I got home checked the tyre pressures. They were down a bit, but as I was inflating them I spotted a bigger problem. The bloody Tyres were breaking up! They have gone hard and brittle. I'd say some one had better rims and tyres on it and removed them and fitted the originals to trade it in, but by then the rubber was old. Just a guess.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I've booked it in to get 4 new tyres tomorrow. The dealer was shocked but too his credit has said they'll organise a Cheque for the value of 4 Tyres that they would fit (I'm going for 70/30 road/off-road Yokohamas) so that should cover about 80% of my costs and I'll have brand new good quality rubber on the thing. Not a bad outcome. The current tyres were 50-60% worn anyway.
Nice work Kiwi, looks horrendous to be honest. Glad the dealer is doing the right thing
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

kiwikrasher wrote:Picked up the new wagon today. Pretty happy with it, but the steering felt a bit weird so once I got home checked the tyre pressures. They were down a bit, but as I was inflating them I spotted a bigger problem. The bloody Tyres were breaking up! They have gone hard and brittle. I'd say some one had better rims and tyres on it and removed them and fitted the originals to trade it in, but by then the rubber was old. Just a guess.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Mate if you want something fairly competent off road that won't sound like a tractor on the motorway I can recommend these. I've got them on my truck and it pulled my brothers lorry with a 2 ton chipper on the back up a steep muddy field. Very impressed with them and they've been great on the road as well. No noticeable tyre noise even on the motorway and my mpg didn't go down.

http://generaltire.com/tires/light-truc ... rabber-at2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cheers Monty, I'll look into those, never heard of them before so not sure if they are available here. I have to get tyres first thing as big chunks are coming off and splits appearing between the tread blocks, so not much choice but to go with the Yokohamas my normal tyre guy has on hand. I've got to drive a couple of hundred km round trip on Saturday so need them done locally tomorrow. But if they are in Aus, I'll keep them in mind for next time (y)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

kiwikrasher wrote:Cheers Monty, I'll look into those, never heard of them before so not sure if they are available here. I have to get tyres first thing as big chunks are coming off and splits appearing between the tread blocks, so not much choice but to go with the Yokohamas my normal tyre guy has on hand. I've got to drive a couple of hundred km round trip on Saturday so need them done locally tomorrow. But if they are in Aus, I'll keep them in mind for next time (y)
Seems they are http://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/e ... yres-34442
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

This evening I'm mainly trying to work out why the hell people thing apple laptops are so much better than anything else on the market ???

Work has just let me have a mac book pro so i can "work from home", so i though i would give it a whirl and see what this "crapple" (see what i did there ;) ) fad is all about. So far the only positive i have is it's very quiet compared to my normal laptop as it has no fans and has an SSD...
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Er.......making Native American jewelry??

It's something a very nice lady I know got me involved with whenI started helping out with some naturalist bullsh** a while back...how I ever got roped into this crap I'll never know.

But it's OK....just pop on some Sade CD's and chill for a while...maybe play some guitar, or do some writing.

I've turned into a hippy....shoot me now!!!!!
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Today has been mostly me working my ass off, started at 4am this morning and finally got home at 8.30 this evening and now enjoying a well earned pint of Hobgoblin.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Going to the pub to try a variety of ciders
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Shopping for more physical bike security and a new lid.

My garage was broken into yesterday. My dads bike and mine were untouched, I think my flashing red led alarm indicator light and rear disk lock put them off and my dads bike is a Yamaha Divvy 900 which weighs the same as a Challenger 2 MBT, so they grabbed whatever was closest to hand which happened to be my Shoei Qwest lid and Triumph shortie gloves. Wankers. I'll be ordering a lock set from Pragmasis I think and it'll be bolted to the front of my house under the window with a cover over it and a camera inside the house looking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Bummah tony,have you got a garage alarm?
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

It's a council owned garage block with no power. Its probably safer on the drive blocked in with the car, locked up and under cover to be honest.

TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Does anyone have any discount codes for gear places?

Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Sounds like kids tbh Tony, anyone serious would have shut the door behind them and gone to work on the contents of your garage properly with no interuptions. Sounds like you've got it in hand though, doesn't matter who it was - it's still someone invading your space and nicking your stuff, utter scum who've probably already flogged your lid to get their next fix.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I've got a battery operated wireless one they are cheap from Wickes but worth fitting
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Really sorry to hear that Tony. I hate thieves flipping scum, I really don't understand how someone can believe it is OK to touch other people's things. Maybe there are finger prints mate, call the old bill (I know they are shit but if they have something on record it's better than nothing!)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk