Two wheels good....

The news and your views about biking
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Re: Two wheels good....

Post by Deegee »

If your vehicle doesn't pay road tax (RFL) you're a guest on the road that others pay for, behave like one and don't be an a*se.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

So if the Govt. suddenly said you didn't have to pay road tax, you'd still pay it anyway??

Cyclists have absolutely zero impact on the physicality of a road. Other vehicles do, and you pay that tax regardless of whether you actually use that vehicle or keep it in the garage....that's a matter of legislation, it has nothing at all to do with cyclists. If you were to ban cyclists from the roads would the govt. do away with road tax??

No, they wouldn't.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

No such thing as road tax :P
D41

Post by D41 »

:D
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Cyclists need to move with the times. We have engines now.

**** the lot of them. Even the ones who behave. Even me on my mountain bike.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Just read the thread you posted, yeah yeah whatever, speaking in down wid da kids lingo.....

The laws need to change, there is a lot of bikes on the roads now, miles more than ever before, Surrey sucks because of it, Oxfordshire and Berkshire is also full of bikes. Like Perky said there used to be a time where manners played a part let alone rules, single file to help with traffic flow, when needed.

Not now, you get a bunch of bikes in a group and they seem to become very aggressive in manners and riding style, why they choose the roads which everyone knows are full of cars, there are plenty of roads which would offer the same challenges in terms of distance, hills etc... And tend to be less full of pot holes and drains, but they choose to use the main roads full of traffic.
Is is not common sense that if you are stuck behind a group for over a mile something is wrong! Tractors pull over to ease traffic, why is it bikes seem to think the world can wait for them. Seriously is it too much to ask for some manners, well yes it is, as yiu fond the same bloody minded ness in cars, vans, trucks, buses, even dare I say it motorbikes.

It is down to the person in control of that transport....
Surprise, surprise there are a lot of routes which even from my car or bike I can see marked up as a path or cycle route, use the bloody thing, ffs!

I could go on its winding me up, so I will stop. I own a push bike, I ride a push bike, but I also make sure I am not creating a road block, and I DO NOT wear that dodgy Lycra, man these guys really really should not.
D41

Post by D41 »

Cyclists are aggressive??

I'm sure some are....just as with anything. Still, I've yet to hear someone say "Damn pesky cyclist hit my car today and nearly killed me!!"

But...I myself have been hit twice...just riding along, minding my own business...in a fricking bicycle lane!! One of them nearly punted me into cross traffic at a light.
I'll use a cycle path as & when I want to....just as a car driver has the option of the motorway (and a cellphone, and a quadruple cheeseburger, and Starbucks latte, etc.)

Cycling is legal, and we're the most vulnerable....yet statistically we are WAAAY less likely to get in a serious accident on UK roads than any other form of transport.

Lycra rocks!! And is great for wearing under your leathers too!!
Or for wearing in bed...filled with strawberry jam.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Cycling taught me a huge amount about defensive riding and how to handle a bike in traffic etc,it crosses over really well to motorcycles
There are twats in all walks of life ,racer rep leathered up knobheads riding an inch off your rear bumper with their headlights on full dont impress me either as much so as groups of mamils all over the road
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Can't be arsed with cyclists, their all as bad as each other, a couple of weeks ago I went into town and I saw a cyclist just blantly go through reds because he didn't want to wait, what if I did that, people would want my reg plate to get me done for it! Barstards shouldn't be moaning plus the amount of times I've seen them riding in the middle of the lane and not move over boils my blood.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
D41

Post by D41 »

A bicycle isn't big enough to trip the sensors that trigger a light....half the time even a motorcycle isn't.

There's a standard procedure for doing this.....2 full cycles of the light and it is permissible under current traffic law to 'run' the light. That's for lights with direction arrows that aren't triggering. There's also a time limit stipulation but I forget exactly what it is.

I don't know anyone who wants to wait at a light, Ross....I honestly don't. And I don't know why because one rider ran a light makes them all "as bad as each other"??? It kinda makes me think that most of them are doing things pretty well.

Cyclists deliberately avoid the gutter or anywhere near it....the gutter is where all the road debris ends up....it's kinda what gutters are for....I wouldn't ride a motorcycle in one, and I suspect you wouldn't either. A bicycles tyres are much more prone to blow-outs than a motorcycle's tyres will ever be.

The boiling point of blood is roughly the same as that of water.....I suggest a Camelbak to help alleviate this issue.

HTH.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

You'd fit right in on that forum.

Here's the link again...

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=13064528" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go on, click it. Fill your boots!
D41

Post by D41 »

You don't think some of the remarks presented on just the first page alone have any credence to them??

Bikers have a much higher rate of serious, critical, or fatal injury than cyclists could ever accomplish riding blindfolded on a unicycle in the middle of the motorway during rush hour....never mind riding normally. Statistics don't lie in this instance.
We could go on all day long about this topic but the results will be the same...whether anyone chooses to believe them or not is their choice.

As for living & riding in the Yorkshire Dales...been there & done that....I was only 4, but it still counts, you big poopyhead.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

D41 wrote: We could go on all day long about this topic
I'm sure you could, I'm off to read about real bikes!