My week Biking

The news and your views about biking
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

My week Biking

Post by rocket »

So the week started off with a trackday to Mallory park on Monday. I booked this to find out if the zx636 was running ok for taking it to Almeria. The forecast was not great it was cold and ready to rain at any moment. When we were called on track I got on the bike and it felt wrong I was not happy with my positioning on the bike and felt uncomfortable. Anyway I went out on track and took it steady to warm the tyres up. When the sighting laps were finished i upped the pace and coming out of the chicane gassed up the bike and got a stutter like a cut at 7500 I kept the throttle open and it cleared and reved through. I switched off the quick-shifter in case it was that but every lap 7500 after the chicane it cut in and out till around 9000rpm. I was not not happy and trying to think what it could be or how i can solve it. For the moment I set about changing the rear sets down a notch to make the bike feel better. Next session out was better and i felt more comfortable on the bike however as i had no time to adjust the link rod i was struggling to get my foot under it to change up. The stutter was still there. Next session i adjusted the link rod and set out. First lap and the group was moving slowly I was trying to get some warmth in the tyre i got round Gerrads and was close to the person in front so did little accelerating or braking for the chicane the next thing i saw was a zx10 to my left trying to undertake me. I looked over and thought its the first lap mate i watched him brake laughed as i had not touched mine yet and turned in and crash i was skidding on the floor and watching my bike collecting lots of Mallory grass. It was my fault cold tyres and i should have been a bit more aggressive to get some warmth in the tyres I think the guy just Put me off enough and when i turned in I Through it in. Lesson learnt minimal damage to me and the bike I'm more annoyed with the misfire/stutter than falling off. I packed the van up and went home it was starting to spit there was not much i could do about the misfire and the bike was covered in MUD.
Mrs took some photos

Pit Crew

As the Weather was getting better and there was chance to get out on the bike on Wednesday i took the tyres in and got my new supercorsa's put on the Zx10r. I also put in some Bendix MRR pads in the front. I have still not gelled with the bike and leaving those tyres on has not helped at all . So a trip to Wales on Wednesday and boy what a great day it was. Met up with blade and hit the roads it was gorgeous weather and the roads were nice and quite. When we got to the cafe at crossgates i had a Lovely ....... chicken tika and we were greeted with a low level Hawk Jet doing a nice fly by. I was enjoying the bike more and more and my confidence was growing. There were/are alot of road works going on in the area resurfacing the roads, I left the house at 08:15 and got home at 20:20 fantastic day but boy I was tired. The new tyres have transformed the bike I'm getting lots more feed back from the front that felt numb and the grip is great. I'm pleased i changed the pads the brakes seem to have a bit more initial bite but are not to aggressive.

Today I am supposed to have with my son but the Mrs is working from home on odd days and today is one of them. I was all intent on staying at home with the family and doing some odd jobs however when i woke i had a message saying that blade was going to Derbyshire ....... I was sat eating my breakfast and the Mrs was stressed with my son and work. So i started doing some jobs and mentioned the text.... Well if you want to go GO before i change my mind. Ran upstairs jumped in my leathers and i was off were to as blade and andy were already out well I headed on the normal route. I was happy as a pig in mud the bike Felt great and i was feeling like i was really gelling with it. I headed out to a cafe in tideswell. When i arrived the owner told me to park the bike out side her cafe and had a good old natter. Another biker appeared and the owner brought his coffee to my table and we had a good old talk about biking experiences. Just as i was Thinking to head off Andy and Blade appeared they looked a bit shocked to see me out but they can not have all the fun. After a spot of lunch went out for a blast round the peaks and over Itchys leap another great day with decent weather and great roads. I'm loving the bike more and more The one thing i have to get my head round is the top end pull. On the Gsxr it was quite liner and i could gauge gaps but on the zx10 if you start winding it on it takes a bit for the engine to spin up then when it is it pulls like crazy. This is catching me out a bit as i gain on things very quickly. It just something I have to get used to with the bike and I'm sure I will especially since I feel I'm gelling with the bike a lot more.

Nice air machine that :P

Last edited by rocket on 06 May 2016, 21:09, edited 3 times in total.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: My week Biking

Post by Blade »

Good write up of a good week (y) . Hopefully much more of the same to come :P

B1 looks good too Buddy. Nice paint job 8)
rocket

Post by rocket »

I hope so .....
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Great diary mate.

You enjoying those Bendix pads?
rocket

Post by rocket »

Yes there is a bit more bite and there nice and strong.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

sounds like a mixed weeks riding for you rocket ,when I do a track day and dont feel it I think its best to pack up and go home.The B1 looks mega though mate lovely job on the paint (inlove)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

That is one hell of a week rocket. Glad it all turned around for you after the track, it's clearly what you needed! Loved reading this sounds brilliant

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk