New helmet time

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: New helmet time

Post by Kwacky »

I think the main difference is the actual shape. The HJC is almost flat at the sides whereas the Nolan goes for the classic teardrop shape with it being wider at the front. The Nolan is slightly longer and is narrower at the back,
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Blade wrote:Some manufacturers have upto 4 different shell sizes for the same helmet dependent on head size / fitment. Perhaps HJC and Nolan differ at what size they go up a shell size if that makes sense. It is a noticeable difference though.
Very true.....I think ARAI is the main manufacturer doing that....or the only one, IIRC.
I know that I tried one and it fit like crap even though the size should have been 'right'.....it was an 'Asian' lid...designed for someone of Asian descent (obviously!)...more of an issue when buying here....there's a tag somewhere on the boxes to clue in the sales staff.....and make no mistake - if an "ARAI budget lid" doesn't fit you in Medium, they'll prolly dig up a mid-range lid of the same 'size' that will....sales lass at the Triumph dealership gave me the low down on that one.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Didn't realise some manufactures did up to 4 sizes. That's good it gives more people a chance of buying the make they want I guess.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Arai also do a different shaped shell for the European, American and Asian markets as well as the 4 different shell sizes within those markets.

That's why when some people buy a lid cheaply online in the same size they had previously used from a specific manufacturer it doesn't fit as well sometimes. Most likely cause is the online retailer got a shipment of Asian ot American market lids cheap probably because of the exchange rate and then sold them in Europe without informing the buyers.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I must admit when I come to get a new lid I think I will go to different places and try on a fair few, my previous ones have been HJC and NEXX but want a Arai or Shoei as my top brands I want...I should be looks g on around a year and half so kinder looking forward to it haha!!
markrsvr15
Your Bike: aprilia rsvr

Post by markrsvr15 »

I hot a hjc full carbon for 259 quid last model it's the 10 but it's bloody light fits nice aswell I did have a shoei for 8 years before that it was a rutter rep red and white one that was good aswell
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Some good deals on the HJC RHPA10+ I got a Lorenzo Rep for £235 delivered with 3 different visors (clear, tint and balck)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

markrsvr15 wrote:I hot a hjc full carbon for 259 quid last model it's the 10 but it's bloody light fits nice aswell I did have a shoei for 8 years before that it was a rutter rep red and white one that was good aswell
I had a shoei rutter rep really loved that helmet,I head butted the Tarmac in it though :D
markrsvr15
Your Bike: aprilia rsvr

Post by markrsvr15 »

Perkles wrote:
markrsvr15 wrote:I hot a hjc full carbon for 259 quid last model it's the 10 but it's bloody light fits nice aswell I did have a shoei for 8 years before that it was a rutter rep red and white one that was good aswell
I had a shoei rutter rep really loved that helmet,I head butted the Tarmac in it though :D
Sounds bad mate .

Still got it being in four crashes in it never head my head bad enough to get rid was yours the one with the big fat white strip down the middle i know he did a few
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Yep red stripe nice plain design